Can't Have You

Chapter 1

James P.O.V.
We were walking from my house to hers. They were two miles away from each other. The back road took four miles, but that was the only time we could be alone. I would ride my bike to pick her up then we would ride to Pink Berry and get frozen yogurt. After that, I’d ride my bike home and then we’d walk. I loved walking with her. The way she moved was amazing.
Let me introduce myself first, I am James McKoffersen. This is the story I am writing about the relationship I had with Demi Lovato. She’s a big teen star now and she hasn’t changed, in my eyes. We shared a perfect summer together. That was the summer of 2007. This isn’t about summer though. This is about when we broke up or, more, when she went away. It was never over for me.
It started out like any normal date. I picked her up, but something was missing. The warmth in those beautiful brown eyes and the way they sparkled when she smiled. That was something that changed. She wasn’t smiling. It used to be that whenever she saw me she smiled. Not today.
I decided to skip the yogurt and I just rode my bike home. With her sitting on the handle bars, like she always was. We didn’t talk. The tension could’ve been cut with a knife. What was going on?
“What did I do, Demi”, I asked her. She stared at me.
“It’s not you. I’ve been hiding something from you. I told you about that audition, right? Well, I got that part.”
“That’s awesome! What’s wrong about your dreams coming true?”
Then, I remembered. We had talked about this. She said that if she got this part she’d have to go to L.A. and live there. It all came to me. She was leaving. The words came out of my mouth before I could think.
“WHAT!? You're leaving! You can't do this to me, Demi! Not through everything we've been through! I understand you have a dream to fulfill, but I can't be left in the dust, like I'm road kill! For crying out loud, I can't believe you right now!”
“Please don't overreact,” she says. “This summer has been great! I thought you knew.”
She has this look on her face. It’s as if this is the last time I will ever, ever see her. Wait, I think I’m crying. I’m shaking. She holds me. She’s never held me before. She chose the last day I’d ever see her to hold me.
“So, I guess, that this is goodbye.”
She’s walking away. I can’t let her walk away. I move silently towards her. Tears in my eyes. I hold her head to my face. I smell her breathe. I kiss her. I kiss her, like I’ve never kissed her before.
“Don’t forget about me, Demi. Don’t regret this summer. I won’t.” I walk away. Not knowing where to go. My whole world is moving to L.A. Where am I possibly going to go?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment,rate, subscribe! I hope you guys like it! Give me some feedback! Hope you enjoyed reading! If you love it, send it to your friends! Also, if for some reason you cannot access the story here:www.youtube.com/sup9412 i