Not Quite a Cinderella Story

Chapter 3

XXX
Joe POV

I stare at this purple book. At the cover, there’s a patch of fabric, butterfly sticker and cursive hand writing: this little purple book belongs to GG.
Am I going to open it or not? Open or not? Open? Not?
Maybe it’s a diary. It’s like invading someone’s privacy. Well, Nick’s diary doesn’t count invading. Cause it just contain music or movie reviews and his celebrity crush’s name, a Disney newcomer: Hannah Montana.
This is a girl’s diary. It must a lot of private thought. But how am I going to know about this girl and return it?
“Yo Joe, you seem quite?” Kevin asks in curious.
“Just thinking.”
“Wow, that’s the first. Joseph Jonas is thinking.”
“Oh shut up, Kevin.”
I put in my bag and save it until later. I don’t want my brothers know about this, yet.

XXX
Gab’s POV

“Hey Gab.” Lila greets me.
“Am I late?” I rush to clock in and put on my apron.
“I saw you outside, I already clocked you. Who’s the boy? I saw him earlier eating with 3 other boys and his parents, I guess. He’s pretty cute; he seems like your type.” Lila’s smiling at me.
“Nah, I don’t even get to see his face. Anyway, Greg came to house earlier.” I nudge her.
“So?”
“So, you don’t want to see him? I know you want him to ask you out! This is the time.”
“I cant, I have to baby sit Claire, you know, Mr. Bennet’s daughter.”
“Ugh, you’re no fun. I just want to hook you up with my brother.”
“Thanks, but no thanks. So, you’re going to see Greg’s gig?”
“I don’t know yet. I’ll text him.”
I look at my silver phone, searched for ‘Greggo’ but there’s no name under Greggo. The only name in this phone begin with G is ‘Garbo’. Yeah, Greg’s friends called him Garbo but this is not my phone. There’re new names that I don’t know.
Alex.
AJ.
Dad.
Frank Tank.
Garbo.
John T.
Kevin.
Mandy.
Maya.
Nick.
And a bunch more others.
I don’t know them. I think my phone only consist several phone numbers but this phone had so much more than mine.
“Gab, what’s wrong?”
“This is not my phone.” I look at Lila.

XXX
Joe’s POV.

We’re at our house. I jump off the car and check my phone if there’s any messages from AJ. Kevin pushes me out of his way and I accidentally drop my phone to the drive way.
“Kevin, you can simply ask me to move away.” I whine and walk to my phone to pick it up.
Suddenly, a car runs over my silver phone.
“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I kneel on the front yard and look at my crashed phone. “MY PHONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE….” Kevin and Nick look at me weirdly.
“Joseph, what are you doing?” Kevin asks.
“KEVIN! This is your entire fault!” I point at him melodramatically.
“What? What did I do?”
“You broke my phone! And now, you need to buy a new one for me.”
“And that does not gonna happen. I’m broke.” he pulls out his pocket.
“I don’t care. I need a new one.”
“Boys, stop arguing.” Mom said.
“Yes mom.” we said in unison.
“Wait, why are you wearing my socks?” I look at Kevin’s feet.
“Umm, bye!” Kevin runs inside the house, trying to get away from me.
“Kevin! Give me back my socks and a new phone!” I run after him after picks up my crashed phone.
Nick shook his head at us.
“Hah, brothers…”