The Untold Secret

Forever To Be Apart, It's Time To Let You Go

“Can I get room number for Vicky Taylor?” Brian asked as the hospital nurse typed in the name she was given. She frowned when she read the screen. She typed it in again and the screen still came up the same. “Is everything alright? Is she still alive?”

“There must be a system problem. Her name is associated with a missing person on our database. Would you like me to confirm with a doctor that Vicky Taylor is the person you want to see or would you like the room number to see her for yourself?”

“Could I get the room number?” he asked glancing around quickly, he had used a fake name that they’d been living under since they moved to Vegas. They both knew their parents would have people checking all around America for any name references.

“Sure,” she told him. “It’s two zero nine on the third floor. If you get lost just ask one of the staff. I’m sure they’ll be more than willing to help.” She told him with a flirtatious smile.

Brian nodded and basically ran as fast as he could with his daughter in his hold. When he reached the floor he had to ask for room two oh nine. He briskly walked threw ICU and reached the door which held his girlfriend behind it. He was about to open it when he heard very familiar voices.

His head snapped in the direction of the voices only to see her parents and two siblings with a couple of their close friends, crying. How they made it there so fast bewildered the teenager but he knew he had to go before they seen him.

“I’m sorry, can I help you?” he jumped slightly and turned to her.

“When she wakes up,” he told the nurse, looking at his girlfriend’s lifeless body as he spoke. “Tell her Jack loves her and her Maddison will be waiting for her.” As he spoke those words he hurt more than he ever did before. “She’ll understand.” He frowned in the whisper. Before she could get another word in he took off down the hall.


“Today is the day, Sanders becomes permanently whipped.” Jimmy whopped loudly as he grabbed another beer out of the cooler. A round of whip noses came from all the other men. “To the bitch’s last few minutes of freedom.” He raised his beer high in the air, as did the other three men standing in the room.

“Now all that has to happen is for Brian and Shell to get hitched and then- BAM- your unfortunately related to the shitty guitarist in Avenged Sevenfold.” Zack laughed and slung his arm around the groom. “At least his looks make up for something huh?” Brian grinned and threw a shoe at him. “Hey watch the suit, I don’t want to get given out to.” He scowled.

“Suck it up and grow a pair.” Johnny commented, walking back into the room. Matt looked to him with wide eyes wanting to know how is soon to be wife looked. “What are you looking at?” he frowned. “Oh yeah Val.” He said absentmindedly. “She looks …amazing. Looks fucking brilliant man, you’ll shit yourself when you see her.” He was voted to go into the girls and see what they looked like.

“Seriously?” Matt gleamed. “Fuck I’m so nervous.” He groaned. He may have known Valary all his life, but he was so nervous about seeing her walk down the isle to him. Jimmy handed him a glass of champagne. “Thanks man.” He knocked it back and Zack began to poor him another glass.

“Don’t drink to much man, she won’t be impressed.” Brian said laying back in the couch. There was a small quick knock on the door. He was closer to the door so he opened it to see McKenna and Suzy. “Hey watcha going in here?”

“Val told me to go spy ‘cause she knew Johnny was spying. And that’s not very nice.” She said shaking her head at Johnny. “And daddy that Matt is whipped.”

“McKenna!” Suzy exclaimed and the guys all laughed at her.

“He sure is, Kay.” Brian laughed, pulling the little flower girl onto his lap. Jimmy walked over to mess up her hair, that Gena had just finished, but his hand was slapped away by Suzy and Brian kicked his shin. “Dude you don’t want to cross her. She can be scary.”

“Yeah and I’ll go all karate on your bum!” she exclaimed waving her hands in the air. Suzy rolled her eyes to high heaven. “I would say ass-”

“McKenna!”

“But that’s why I can’t.” she pointed to Suzy and the guys tried to hid a laugh. “I have to go,” she sighed dramatically. “I think you look very pretty Matt, I’ll tell Val.” This time the guys couldn’t hide a laugh. “They’re just jealous.” She told a now red-faced Matt.

“I know.” He replied. “You keep an eye on her for me, yeah?” she nodded and hopped off Brian’s lap. Both females that had entered the room, left. “Man I’d love if me and Val could have a kid like her.” He commented.

“Brian go get the door.” Suzy groaned hearing the doorbell. She looked at her clock, resting on the bed stand, two forty five am. She hit her husband hard. She was damned if he though she was answering the door to his eldest. “I swear to god if anything happens to me I’ll make you pay.” She grumbled.

She slipped on her housecoat and slippers. She yawned hearing the thunder roared outside the house. She made it down the stairs and opened the door to only see Brian Jr drenched to the sick. “Brian!” Suzy screamed at her husband in excitement. She pulled her stepson into a tight hug. “We where so worried. What happened? Why did you run? Where have you been?”

As she quizzed him, Jr could only think of one thing. “I need your help.” He whispered. “I’m so fucking lost.” He told her in a soft tone. He pulled out of the hug and bent down to pick up the car seat.

Suzy gasped. “Oh Brian…” she quickly ushered him inside the second she saw the little baby in the car seat. “Is this why you ran away?” he nodded setting her down on the sofa. “We would have helped you and her mother. How old is she?”

“She’s two months tomorrow.” He pealed off his jacket and threw it on the floor. “I can’t cope with her. It’s too much. I love her so much, but I just can’t do it.” He whispered looking at his daughter. His father eventually came down and was beyond surprised to see his youngest with a baby.

Sr soon got over the fact when he held his grandchild in his arms. “Who’s her mother?” Sr asked his son. “Why did you run away?”

“Because I got a girl pregnant and she happened to be going out with one of my best friends.” He told them watching his daughter like a hawk. “We ran away together. We had everything planned out so well. I went first to check things out and get a job. I got us fake names and everything. We had our little Princess on the 7th of April. Same day as her mothers.” He told them sadly.

“Son, we don’t want to know why you ran, we want to know why you came back with a daughter and who is motherless.” Brian Sr stated and Suzy hit his leg waiting patiently for the rest of Jr’s tale to be told.

“We where out one day, getting clothes and stuff. She was knocked down.” He got a quick flash in his mind of her flipping in mid air. “She was in a coma for almost fifteen days and nights. I was scared but I couldn’t let her parents know about the pregnancy so I fled again.” He looked to his step mom who’s eyes where full of concern and pity. “When she woke up, she didn’t remember a thing. She doesn’t remember her daughter. The past year of her life is gone form her memory.” He sighed. “She doesn’t remember loving me.”

“Son, I’m sorry.” Sr said to his looking at his granddaughter who was snuggling close into his chest. “We’ll help with what ever you need. Anything you need for either of you.” He told his youngest. He couldn’t help but notice how pale and thin his child had gotten since he last saw him. “What happened to her mother? What’s her name? Brian you’re going to have to tell us sometime. Where is she now?”

“She’s with her family.” Jr. told him and watched Suzy. He could tell she was trying to think of who his daughter’s mother could be. “I think I should go. This was a mistake.” He stood up and took his daughter from his father. “Just don’t tell anyone I have a daughter. I need to keep it quite -”

“Because Valary DiBenedetto is her mother.” Brian’s blood ran cold as his stepmother said his girlfriend’s name. Sr stood looking at his wife and son, not speaking a word. “Brian it’s to easy. You both ran away at the same time. And Debbie has already told everyone that Valary just woke from a coma-”

“She told me not to let them know. They can’t find out. Please don’t tell anyone. I need to hide that secret from the world.”


Val and Matt danced around the floor to their first song as a married couple. They where both staring into each other’s eyes loving every second of being in each other’s hold. Everyone watched the finally married couple with smiles on their faces; their family and friends had been waiting years for it to happen.

Brian looked on to his ex-girlfriend and best friend as they danced. He sipped his beer, remembering that at one stage he imagined that it was himself and Val at their first dance. But that all changed for him after the accident.

He reached over laced his hand in Michelle’s and smiled at her. He glanced over at his father and stepmother they smiled at him. McKenna plopped herself on his knee and leaned against his chest.

“Brian this is booorrring!” she whined; Michelle smiled at her as did Brian. “I mean who cares if they are dancing big deal!” Michelle pressed her finger to her lips. “Well Val does look pretty hot.” Brian nearly chocked on his beer and Michelle tried to hide a laugh.

He couldn’t say anything to her as the newly wed couple had just finished their dance and everyone began clapping. He let go of Michelle’s hand and clapped. The newly wed’s went to their seats and sat between Brian and Michelle.

The photographer came over and took a couple of pictures of the best men, bridesmaids and the newly wed. “Could I get a photo of just the best man, the bride and the flower girl?” He asked and all three nodded.

Brian sat in a chair and Val sat on his lap. He was trying his hardest not to break down at that moment. McKenna jumped up the old couple. Brian smiled brightly, as did the two females on his knees. The photographer and some family members snapped a couple of picture of the three. Val was whisked away by her mother to talk to some relatives she hadn’t seen in years. McKenna ran over to Jimmy and proceeded to dance with him.

“Would I be able to get a special order of that last photograph?” Brian asked the photographer, who agreed. “Thanks man.” He walked over to Zack, who had a Polaroid of the three. Zack handed the picture to him before stalking off. Brian gleamed.

He finally had a picture of himself, his ex girlfriend and his daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to Lil' Chris Baker, gone but not forgotten!

Chapter Credit : Bullet For My Valentine 'Hearts Burst Into Fire' and Papa Roach 'Forever'
Thanks to Fast_Melodic, The Nameless, just_abit_random, awesomeme and meejert for the comments!