Dom Loses Again

A Black Dream

As my eyes slowly opened all I could see was bright light. And the arid stench of disinfectant. As my eyes squinted against the light I felt a soft touch on my hand, it was slight but it was some one telling me they were there. I opened my eyes to see the brilliant beam of Holly, Jess and Emmz. As I turned I saw a giant of a figure which I knew could only be my Dad. There was soft murmuring as I spoke "where am I? What happened?" a voice came back clean and clear, "you are in Shaftsbury hospital. Why because as you were being carried back to the Herbert residents you lost consciousness." It was a doctor, not mine but a doctor at Shaftsbury. I guessed that ether one of the girls or Kain had the sense to call an ambulance.
"Sorry I’m late. Is he awake yet?" A voice said almost to quickly to catch .It was Kain I could tell not only by the voice but my the way he spoke. "Yes mate I’m here. Can I ask who got me here?" A voice of one of the girls came back with the answer my mind was still blurry so I couldn’t tell who, my guess was jess. I guessed right. "Now that was all of us Kain call the ambulance and me and Emmz carried you to the bottom of the hill. While Holly tried to keep you awake and conscious." Holly came back almost angry but I squeezed her hand to let her know I knew "I tried by I couldn’t think what to say and he was almost gone when I got there."
Iits ok I know you tried your hardest."I said soothingly. I knew some when that my Dad was going to "talk to me about it" this meant I was going to spend an hour and a half listening to him whine on about how I should have been the bigger man but just as that thought popped into my head another one came in a barged it out the way. "Dose Hayley know I’m here? Its just I was supposed to meet her yesterday after we got Kain." "Ill text her know" said Kain.
"How long was i out for?" I asked to anyone who would listen. "Four maybe five hours" came back a voice I loved so much it was my Dad again. Me and him got on like a house on fire, the only problem was girl friend, it just that we didn’t get on. it was nothing malicious its just we had different ways of doing things but as I looked up the doctor said its time 4 every one to leave but I didn’t let go of Holly’s hand it was like I couldn’t. She knew what I meant without me saying a word. Thank you.
Later that night I sneaked into my cupboard and retrieved my phone witch look almost unscathed in the incident. I got it out and texted Holly to see if she was alright and if she would like to go out again some time. When I receive her text back an minute or two later she said she thinks that I should take it easy and that she’s there if I need her. It almost made me cry, it was one of the nicest things she'd said to me ever.