Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

The truth

Franziska's POV

Here I am once again, watching my twisted sister pace in front of me, planning her latest scheme. I've tried to tell her time and time again, she has to stop trying to destroy Sam and Bill's marriage. She almost ruined them forever. She had gotten Bill so upset that he almost died in that crash... But why was I the one who felt guilty? Everything I've done, I was forced, blackmailed. That has to count for something, it has to. "How did he forgive her? Without even a second thought! How does she do it!?" She rambled angrily. "Come on Mel, Bill was in a coma for eight months, and Sam was pregnant..." I tried to say. She turned to me, anger flaming in her eyes. "It doesn't change anything; he was supposed to leave her! He was supposed to come running back to me!" She screamed.

'Like that would ever happen...' I thought, my eyes followed her as she started pacing again. "Bill loves Sam, and Sam loves Bill, they have a family now. And I bet they've probably forgotten all about you by now." I know I shouldn't have said that, but because I did, I earned a slap across my cheek. It didn't hurt as much as it used to, I guess it was because I was so used to it. If you don't play by Melody's rules, you get punished; it has always been that way. I remember when we were younger and we would play outside, when she would always control me. It didn’t matter if I pretended to be a dog, or a horse, or even a princess, it was always her rules.

“Take that back!” She commanded childishly, her face turning red. I didn’t answer her straight away. I kept on glaring at my sister, a slight smirk on my face, but I was trying to hide it. The look on her face was between deadly scary, and hilarious. I shook my head, while standing up. Starting to laugh bitterly. I walked to the front door slowly, stopping once I knew I was safe, and then I turned around to face her once again. Deciding to be just as childish as Melody, I smirked. “Make me.” I told her, walking out of her apartment. I’ve had enough, as simple as that, I’m done being Melody’s slave.

Sam’s POV

I looked at her, obviously stunned. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I mean, just a year ago, before Tom and Jami started arguing so much, she said he was an “ignorant jerk” and she’s glad to be rid of him, so yeah, I was confused. I also recall her telling me that never in a million years will she even touch him again, but that changed quickly. I had stopped breathing when I heard her. “How did this happen?”

She laughed shyly, looking at her hands, blushing slightly. “That’s the thing Sam, I don’t know. But I kind of liked it…” She shook her head, as if thinking hard about what happened. “I guess we just weren’t really in the mood for people, and when we put Charlie to sleep, we just looked up at each other… And it happened.” She explained softly, a small smile appearing on her lips. Looking at her, I knew the memory made her happy, but I had to admit, I would never understand Bianca. “Did you and Tom talk about it?” I asked seriously, not wanting to anger her, but just to drag her back into reality. They couldn’t be together now, not after everything. Tom was married, Bianca was engaged. It wouldn’t be fair to Georg or Jami. She looked at me, with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“No, not really. It all happened so fast… And then he told me he loved me.” She said a hint of sadness in her voice now. “But then he said he has to go, so he left.” I looked at her, wanting to assure her that he’ll be back, but I didn’t know that for sure. We knew Tom as a player, even after he had seemingly ‘settled down’. I loved him, but I hated what he did. And I would hate him if he did it to Bianca, she didn’t deserve that kind of pain, neither did any of his other one night stands. “What are you going to do?” I asked quietly, thinking of Georg immediately. Judging by the look she gave me, she was thinking of him too.
“I guess I have to tell him, don’t I?” She asked sheepishly. I nodded seriously, “You know what secrets can become Bianca. Why don’t you call him?” I suggested. I saw her eyes widen and she started shaking her head nervously. It seemed like the little bit of happiness has been replaced by fear so easily. “Sam, are you nuts? I can’t call him!” She basically yelled at me. “You can’t tell people these things over the phone, and Georg will hate me!”

“Bianca, then how are you going to tell him? He’s not coming home until December.” I reminded her, it wouldn’t be a good thing to keep that from him for three months. The longer she waits, the worse it’ll become, and the more hurt Georg will feel once she tells him. “Look, I don’t know. It was a mistake, an immature, stupid mistake, and it won’t happen again, EVER. So I don’t see the point in telling Georg anything.” She said angrily, standing up and storming out of the room. I looked at her as she did, not saying a word. I knew she wasn’t mad at me; she just needed to think things over.

She loved Tom, I could see it in her eyes, but she also loved Georg, making her feel guilty about being engaged to him when she’s still in love with her ex husband. She only wanted to be happy, and she wanted Charlie to be happy, but she didn’t know how to do that. I only wish I could talk to her, and help, but she would never tell me these things. She’s always been that way, she never liked getting emotional, and so she hides them well. But I know her, and her eyes tell the story. They all have something to lose, no matter which way they go from now. Georg has gotten hurt so much, he couldn’t handle being hurt even more, it didn’t matter if it was in person, or over the phone. It’ll hurt either way.

If Tom tells Jami, it will confirm the thing she’s been expecting all along, or so Tom tells us. I personally think she knew it would happen eventually, since Tom’s mind or attention was never with her. She was trying to prevent it, but she handled it wrong, and pushed Tom into Bianca’s arms. Bill always told me that their love was strong, but after what Tom did to Bianca, and how many times he did it, I couldn’t believe him. Maybe Bianca was right, maybe it was just a mistake.

Lost in my thoughts, I almost didn’t hear the doorbell ring. I was slightly annoyed, but still in my train of thought, I wished it was Bianca, so that I could just get her to tell me what she’s actually feeling towards Tom. I got up from the couch lazily, barely picking up my feet as I walked to the door to open it. “Yeah?” I said, looking down at my nails for a moment. “Sam, I know this is so random. But I really need to talk to you.”

A vaguely familiar voice said, sounding slightly sheepish. I looked up and saw a person I’ve long since forgotten about. “Franziska? It’s so good to see you again!” I said, trying to sound friendly, remembering that she was the only person who actually listened to me when I needed help. “Come on in.” I said, stepping aside. But she didn’t move. She stood still in front of the door, not even looking at me, but at her feet.

Feeling a bit awkward, I smiled, and looked at her. “Okay, so what do you want to talk about?” I asked. It seemed a bit weird to me, because I didn’t know that Franziska knew where I lived. Not only that, but she didn’t seem like the person who would just show up on your doorstep in the middle of the night. “Look, this has been bothering me for months now, and it’s driving me crazy.” She confessed. I eyed her suspiciously, as she continued to stare at the floor. I kept quiet and let her continue.

“When I was a teenager, I was really stupid and I did really stupid things, and I never got caught, or so I thought. Since I found out that someone knew what I did, I’ve been blackmailed into doing things I don’t want to do, and things that made me feel terrible. One of those things was what I did to you…” She said quietly.

“What are you talking about, Franziska? You haven’t done anything to me.” I said, feeling a bit lost now. When I spoke, she finally looked up at me, so I could see tears in her eyes. “No, I did. And I couldn’t forget it, because maybe if I didn’t do it, then… Then maybe your baby might still be alive.” She whispered. I glared at her suspiciously, angry at the fact that she brought up my daughter. I couldn’t talk about it, I didn’t want to talk about it. But the whole world knew, so it didn’t matter. “What are you talking about?” I asked through gritted teeth, becoming a little irritated with this girl.
“This.” She said, handing me a camera. I took it into my hands gently, not wanting to damage it. I looked down at the screen, seeing the thing that made my heart skip a beat. And this time, it wasn’t a pleasant feeling. “You… You-?”
“Yes, I took the pictures.” She said sadly. I felt the camera drop out of my hands and onto the floor, hearing a ‘crack’ sound, I knew it was broken. “B- Bu… But why?” I whimpered. I knew I shouldn’t have gotten so upset, but I thought that those memories were buried along with my and Bill’s daughter, I just wanted to forget it. “I was forced, I told you, I’m being blackmailed. By my sister, Melody, she wanted to break up you and Bill for good.”

“What did you just say?” Another voice from behind Franziska came, the anger completely obvious. It was the last thing I wanted, but I could feel the trouble approaching. I wished my life could be simple for once.