Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

Phone call

“D- do- don’t let go.” I whimpered as Bill’s arms loosened around me. I heard him sigh quietly, pulling me towards him again.

“I won’t... I promise.”

I rolled over slightly and rested my head on Bill’s shoulder, shivering as I watched him pull the blanket over the two of us. The sun was rising now, blinding my eyes, forcing me to close them, it had to be one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen in the world, and it all seemed perfect when I was sharing it with the person I loved most in the world.

I was still in slight shock. In the past, Bill and I would have ever dreamt of spending our night together like that, but it was a memory I wouldn’t have traded for anything in the world, because the chances were that it would never happen again. Not like this.

I started to struggle, sitting up. Bill hadn’t let go, but followed me. I felt him cross his legs, sitting Indian-style, staring at me. My back was to him, making it easier for him to pull me into his lap.

He kissed my neck once again, his fingers running down my arm, the tingling feeling remaining on my skin for a minute, followed by the usual burning sensation. I turned my head, feeling ill’s lips move to my cheek, followed by my jawline. I ran my hands through Bill’s sand-filled hair, tugging on it. I pulled the blanket up, attempting to cover the goose bumps my husband gave me at that moment. It was then that the sun shone on us brightly, I pulled away to cover my eyes.

I glanced at Bill and smiled. The way the sun hit him at that moment, it made him look like an angel, he always seemed like one, but now, looking at him, he looked like it. My eyes widened a bit, I had never imagined saying this to a man, especially not my husband. But there was no other word for it, even with his makeup fading, his hair messy and filled with sand, he was beautiful.

Bill’s eyes narrowed as he noticed me staring and looked down at his chest self-consciously, making me laugh loudly. He looked up at me again, the expression of confusion hard to miss as he crossed his arms and glared down at me. “What?”

I shrugged sheepishly, digging my fingers into the cold sand.

“... Nothing. I just,” I paused, I didn’t really know how to phrase that sentence, “I never realized you were so... So beautiful.”

I watched his eyebrows rise in surprise, a faint smile appearing on his lips. He grabbed me again and brushed his lips against mine, making me giggle. “You’re beautiful too.” He retorted, sticking out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes, a small smile appearing on my lips. I started to stand up, feeling Bill’s eyes on me. I glanced down at him, frowning slightly.

“I think we should get home...” I thought out loud, walking to the pile of clothes carelessly discarded on the beach. Bill followed me, bending over to pick up his pile. We threw on our clothes quickly, not really bothering to fix our hair. We both ran our hands through it, getting most of the sand out.

I couldn’t wait for us to get back to the hotel, the only thing I wanted at that moment was to get in the shower and sleep the day away. I was never the type of person who wanted to say up all night, and honestly, I never could stay up late. This was the first time in my life that I didn’t want to go to sleep; the night was just too perfect. As I pulled the dress over my head, I brushed off the sand, which unfortunately still clung to the dress as if it was pasted on.

I turned around, seeing Bill do the same thing. I snorted and tried to help him. I brushed the most of the white sand off his back, where he couldn’t reach, and he did the same with me.

“Bill, how are we going to get home?” I questioned as the thought crossed my mind. I turned to face him, watching as he pulled out a set of keys and smirked.

“Tom left them with me.”

He stuffed them in his jacket pocket again, and bent down; starting to pick up the blankets and candles Bianca had left with us. I followed Bill up to the parking lot where their car has been parked since the previous day and threw the things in it carelessly. I was incredibly lazy when it came to cleaning up, but I didn’t think it was right to leave the mess for someone else to clean.

We had to make two trips up to the car, I was a little mad at Bianca for making us clean it up when we didn’t really have any use for it, but that’s life. I sighed in relief when we had everything packed up, and we were ready to leave.

Bill linked his fingers with mine and we started walking towards the car together, taking our time. I turned around one last time and glanced down at the beach. We weren’t the only couple on the beach anymore, I glanced around to see a lot of younger and older couples walking along the beach, holding hands just like Bill and I was at that moment. I smiled and turned around, as we continued to walk up to the car. I squeezed Bill’s hand lightly, feeling a strong sense of happiness when he squeezed back.

Sadly, I had to let go of his hand when we got to the car, but as soon as he got in and started the car, I took it again. I just wanted to feel him next to me for the moment being.

The drive seemed shorter than the one with Bianca, I was grateful that I was able to see where we were going. I felt relaxed; mesmerized by the view of the beach that was now hiding away between the leaves. I swear, I have never seen an ocean so blue as the one in Male.

“I never want to go home.” I declared, resting my head on the seat’s headrest.

“Me neither. This place is just perfect.”

I beamed at my husband, and heaved a sigh of relief when we finally pulled up at the hotel. Ignoring the garbage in the back, Bill and I hopped out of the car happily, slamming our doors carelessly. My slight smile didn’t seem like it was going to disappear quickly, and I didn’t want it to. I was so happy then, I didn’t want to stop smiling. I was afraid of what might happen if I did. Life was good right now, or at least, it was getting there.

We pushed open the heavy glass doors and walked directly towards the staircase. Another thing I didn’t trust in life was elevators, I was so scared that it might just stop and I would be stuck in there. I’ve had too many nightmares of that happening, I refused to get into an elevator, and nobody could force me.

Bill and I had a silent race up to our floor, Bill always running a few steps in front of me because he was taller. As we got to the room, Bill was already waiting for me, the familiar Kaulitz smirk on his face.

“Shut up.” I said breathlessly before he could say anything.

We passed Tom and Bianca’s room, hearing, what I guessed, Bianca’s frantic tone. I paused in front of the door and listened, calling Bill over. We both stuck our ears against the door when we hear what sounded like our own names; we were both very curious people when it came to things like that.

“Tom, what if something happened to them!? Then it’s my fault!’ I heard Bianca exclaim loudly.

“J-just calm down. Try calling them again.”

Tom sounded more relaxed, but it was hard to miss his stressful tone. I looked over at Bill, giving him a questioning look. He shrugged slightly, digging in his pants pockets and taking out his phone. He flipped it open, his eyes widening slightly. I frowned as I got what he was trying to tell me, his phone was turned off. I knew they were talking about us by now.

“Maybe we should knock.” I whispered to him.

Without pausing, Bill nodded and knocked instantly. Bianca must have been standing in front of the door because the door opened in mere seconds. Bianca froze as soon as she saw us, scaring me a bit. I glanced at my best friend, then at my husband, then back at Bianca. Tom came up behind her, carrying Lucy on his hip who was hugging him caringly. I opened my mouth to speak, but shut up immediately as I saw her turn red, literally. I have never seen her so angry in my life.

“Bianca-?”

“Where the hell have you been!?” She exploded, pulling Bill and I into their hotel room. I gasped at her sudden strength and the feeling of my arm being ripped off.

“We-“

“We were worried sick about you two! We thought you were kidnapped when you didn’t come back last night!”

I have never felt that helpless being scolded by my friend before. I looked down at the floor sheepishly, feeling guilty for making her worry so much. For the first time that I actually thought about it, I realized we were being very irresponsible. We were acting like a couple of teenagers again.
“Bianca, I-“

“I almost called the police!”

“Babe... Clam down.” Tom tried his luck, putting a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. She turned around, sending him a glare that brought the phrase “If looks could kill...” to my mind.

“I will not calm down!”

I sent a helpless glance at Bill, who was looking at Tom intensely. I looked over at Tom, who was glancing back at Bill, a smirk forming on his lips. He raised his eyebrows smugly, letting his eyes flicker over to me, then back at his twin. I had long since stopped listening to my best friend, my interest growing as I watched the twins. I had never believed in twin-telepathy, since it had never really happened to me and my sister, but now it was happening right in front of me. I couldn’t help but wonder what they were thinking.

Tom winked at me when he noticed my confusion. It was an attempt to calm me down, but it didn’t. It made me worry about whatever Bill had just ‘told’ his brother. I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted slightly, sending both of them an identical glare.

Tom leaned down and whispered something in Bianca’s ear, still glancing at Bill. She nodded, her hand resting on Tom’s chest comfortably. My eyes traveled to Lucy for a brief moment, seeing the wide smile on her face as she waved at me. Instinctively, I reached out to her. She started wiggling around in her uncle’s arms, attempting to get to me. Tom looked over and smiled, handing her to me.

She jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged back happily. Even though I had only seen my daughter a day ago, it doesn’t mean I didn’t miss her.

When my daughter rested in my arms comfortably, I turned my attention back to my friend and brother-in-law. Bianca appeared to be more relaxed now, looking at Tom with an amused expression as he pulled away from her. She cleared her throat awkwardly. “Oh.” She mumbled at him.

She turned to Bill, attempted to smile at him and spoke in a much quieter tone than just minute before. I noticed that Bianca’s smile had become more natural. She nodded for no particular reason, but I shrugged it off. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tom nod at Bill briefly, causing a hint of suspicion to form in the back of my mind. I kissed Lucy’s head, waiting for Bianca to start talking. I wondered what caused her sudden mood swing, but as long as she wasn’t screaming anymore, I was relieved.

A blush crept onto her cheeks as she opened her mouth.

“I’m sorry about that. You guys just really scared me, but I guess it was my own fault. I guess I should be glad that you guys... enjoyed yourselves.” She mumbled sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, only then taking a guess about Tom must have told her. I guessed that in my family, nothing was private anymore. I felt Bill’s hand wrap around my free one, pulling me closer to him slightly. I went willingly, only stopping when our arms were pressed together.

“I think you should let them go now.” Tom said, happily picking up his daughter whose arms were swung around his leg.

I nodded enthusiastically, agreeing with Tom completely. She smiled a small, lopsided smile, mouthing another apology to us. I brushed it off and smiled back at her, hugging Lucy to my chest, bouncing slightly. Se nodded at Tom and stepped forward and opened their door again, allowing us to exit. We walked out, thanking them for out night, then happily made our way to our room.

Bianca had kept our room key with them, obviously knowing that we would lose it somewhere. We unlocked the door, running inside instantly. The room looked a bit different than the way I had left it the previous day, for a change, it was clean. When I was pulled out of the room, the television was still on, the bed unmade and there was a pile of dishes in the sink which was now washed and put away. I laughed quietly, I loved hotels. It was perfect for me, because I wholeheartedly hated cleaning.

I set Lucy down, and she instantly ran towards the television, switching it on. Bill walked into the kitchen, taking out his phone to recharge the battery. I walked into our bedroom, sitting down on the bed for a moment. I paused and grabbed my hairbrush, determent to get my hair straightened out.

It wasn’t as easy as I expected, because not only was my hair full of sand, but slightly wet too. When I finished, I stripped down and grabbed a pair of loose jeans and one of Bill’s larger t-shirts and pulled it on.

I tied my hair up in a loose ponytail, fishing one of Bill’s hats out of his suitcase that he was too lazy to unpack a week ago, and pulled it over my head. Carelessly, I fell back onto the bed, closing my eyes as soon as my head touched the pillow. I didn’t know I was that tired, but the way I felt at that moment, I could have fallen asleep right there and refused to have ever woken up.

I heard the door open just when I turned my back on it. Against my will, I opened my eyes and turned slightly, seeing only Bill’s silhouette leaning against the doorframe. I turned around completely, seeing Bill frowning down at his cellphone. I grunted and stood up, walking to his side. I leaned my head against his shoulder and glanced down at his phone, just like he was, and noticed why he was frowning. Simone had called him, a lot, and he wasn’t there to answer.

“I should call her...” He mumbled, pressing another button and put the phone to his ear.

I nodded, watching him walk out of the room. I strolled back to our bed, letting myself fall onto the mattress comfortably. My head was buried in between the pillows when I heard Bill’s boots on the wooden floors softly. When I felt his weight on the bed, I turned around. He sat perfectly still, as if he was frozen.

“Bill?” I questioned, seeing the worry in his eye.

“Sam, we need to go home, now. Something’s happened.”