Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

The pieces don't fit anymore

I arrived at the hospital where Bill was in only minutes after I got the call. Tear stained and shaking, I called after the doctor stading infront of the Intensive Care Unit. I didn't think of calling Tom or anyone else, I just hoped they saw the news broadcast.
"Doctor, what's going on? Is he allright?" I demanded. He avoided my gaze by looking down at his clipboard.
"I'm sorry, but it's impossible to know that." He said softly, "All I know is that your husband is in there fighting for his life."

The tears started falling all over again as I watched the doctor return to the white room infront of me, leaving me alone. I couldn't help but walk towards the window, so I can see into the room. I mean, my husband was in there, I needed to see what was going on. Surprisingly, I had a perfect view of all the doctors and nurses surrouning my unconscious husband.
I gasped when I noticed how much blood was Bill was losing, I was forced to turn away. It was like watching him die, and it was all my fault. Just to get away from here, I walked to the nearest pay phone and dialled Tom's cellphone number, not knowing what Tom's reaction is going to be.

I was hesitant, but I couldn't keep Tom in the dark about all this, so I waited for him to pick up. "Hey?" He answered brightly, which is slightly unexpected.
"Tom?"
"Sam? What's wrong?" I took a deep breath, knowing that I was going to ruin Tom's good mood completley. "Um, nothing, it's just-" I paused for a moment, deciding not to hesitate, "You guys really need to get to the hosptial, Bill was in an accident."
"What? When?" Tom asked quickly. My voice was thick with tears and it was hard to stay standing. "I- I'm not sure, but I really need you here, please Tom." I begged. "Okay, I'll call Bianca and tell her too." Tom said, souding worried.
"Thank you." I whispered, hanging up, falling into a chair hopelessly.

I had no idea how long they would keep Bill in there, or if they would come out and said they did all they could do, but he didn't make it. He could be a vegetable for allI know! I couldn't stand not knowing, so I stood up and made my way back to the ICU, emotionally preparing myself for what I was about to see. But it's true what they say, you can never really prepare yourself for something like this. I pressed my face against the tiny window to see that they were still surrounding Bill. With every minute that passed, the more my heart broke, and the guiltier I felt.

I closed my eyes as my forehead touched the cold glass, but opened them when I felt someone's arms wrap around me. When I felt the mass of dreadlocks, I knew it was Tom hugging me. I swallowed my tears and hugged him back. When we pulled away, I looked at me. "How is he doing?" I didn't answer, I just pulled his arm to the window to let him see. He brought his hands up to his mouth as I watched his face fall.
"This can't be happening..." He mumbled. I took his hnad and pulled him into a tighter hug. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, "This is all my fault."
I finally stopped crying, it seemed like I had no more tears left. Tom looked down at me.

"Sam, no. This isn't your fault." He reassured me, but I shook my head voilently. "It is! Everything is my fault!"
He gave me a confused look and pulled me down into the nearest chair. "You're just upset Sam, nothing is your fault."
I shot him a glare, frustrated my his soft tone of voice. "It is my fault, if it wasn't for me, Bill wouldn't be here right now."
"What are you talking about?" Tom asked, seeming less tearful then I thought he would be. I guess my hormones were going crazy right then, because I woulsn't usually act like this. I buried my face in my hands, not wanting to see the look on Tom's face. "I cheated on Bill." I mumbled, "That's why he;s here, he wanted to clear his head after he found out. It's all my fault."

I looked up at Tom nervously, to see a look of disgust on his face. "Tom, I-" I started. "Save it, you're right. This is all your faulit." He said coldly. I didn''t even try to protest because I knew that it was true. I just sat there, my head in my hands, my guess was that Tom was still looking at Bill. My head shot up when I heard an unfammiliar voice clear it's throat, and I stood up, realizing that it was one of the doctors.
"What happened?" Tom asked before I could.
"Well, he's alive and stable." The doctor relied, smiling. I heaved a sigh of relief. "Can we see him?" I asked eagerly. "Yes, but only for a few minutes." He confirmed and lead me into the room.

I waited until the door closed and took my husband's hand in mine. He looked... different. I don't think I would've recognized Bill if I hadn't known it was him. His face and arms were covered with bruises and cuts, he was lying still, his eyes puffy, but slightly open. "Bill..." I choked with tears.
"S- Sam?" His voice cracked as he spoke, his voice was almost unheard, it was very quiet. He spoke slowly, as if in pain. He tried to squeeze my hand, and I refused to let go. He opened his mouth and closed his eyes, letting one last sentence escape his lips.
"I'm sorry that I couldn't make you happy."

Before the word even sunk in, a high pitched beep filled the room and I was being pushed aside. I saw Bianca look at me and leaned in to hug me as I watched the doctors surround Bill once again. "I think it's best that you step out." The doctor yelled at us. I didn't realize how many of them were there until we stood in the almost deserted hallway. Bianca was still holding me, along withher, Jami, Georg, Gustav and Andeas were there.
"Where's Lucy?" I asked, scared. Georg touched my hand, and answered. "Jazlene's taking care of her." I nodded and relaxed a bit, I knew I could trust her.

We all looked up nervously as the door swung open and the doctor walked out. The look on his face didn't make me very secure. "Is he-?"
He shook his head. "No, but I'm sorry to say that he's in a coma."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cookies + Updates+ A great song :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdobv1CtZLo