With a Kiss

Chapter Seven

I woke up and saw the blurry form of a hospital room. I moved the hair out of my face. My arm was really heavy and numb. I looked at it, and saw the IV that was shoved into my arm.

"Hi Emma," Simone said. "You fainted."

"Oh..." I mumbled.

"Yea...it was actually pretty cool," Tom said. "You fainted and the nobody noticed for like...15 seconds until your heart monitor started to go wack. The doctor freaked out and was shouted orders out the door and they got 4 people to lift you onto a bed-type thing. Then they wheeled you up here. And did all these tests...but you're normal."

"Oh great..." I sighed and feel back into the pillow. "Are the babies still ok?"

"Yep." Simone hugged me. "I called your mom. She needs to talk to you."

"Oh, and all the doctors that helped keep coming back." Said Tom.

"Tom shut up." Simone said. As she was speaking a doctor came in. He was a different doctor, older too.

"Hello. Well, your tests are normal, you are having seven children, but I have some bad news." He said. He sat in a wheelie chair next to the computer.

"Oh no, the babies are ok right?" I gasped. He sighed sorrowful.

"Well, thats what I came to talk to you about. We know for a fact that you have seven babies...but the seventh is a little hard to find. We are afraid it is developing abnormally, and he or she might be born with some type of disorder or syndrome..."

"Oh...." I sniffed. "Ok."

"Well, we'll get a nurse to help you guys out, I hope you had a nice night. Sorry for the wait, I hope she wasn't up for long." He shook my hand and left.

"A good night?" I asked.

"Oh...yea." Tom muttered.

"Emma you were conscience for the whole night. It's early morning now." Simone added. "It's 7 o'clock."

"Jeez." We were quiet for awhile, then I nurse came in. She helped me get into clothes.