A Step Into Life.

Supervising.

"Come with us Moons, it'll be a laugh and think of all the muggleswe can scare! please please please!" James was on one knee again practically begging for Remus to join them on their quest into the muggleworld like he had been doing all weekend. Lilly was sat on the arm of the sofa sighing loudly at James' pathetic attempts with her arms crossed and a rather annoyed look on her face, she didn't approve of this trip either seen as her parents were muggles but she didn't want to be alone all Christmas so had agreed to 'supervise' the boys, although James thought deep down she just wanted to be with him.

"Yes precisely, look at the damage you and Pad's could do! I know you Mr. Potter and i know theres no way your going to walk into the muggle world and NOT cause mayhem.. you could even get us sent to Azkaban!" Remus sighed even louder that Lilly. Who looked quite impressed at this. "Why can't we just stay here and have a nice quiet, relaxed Christmas like we usually do?"

"Because thats what we alwaysdo, its boring Moons! Your supposed to be a rebel! a Marauder! that's something to be proud of you know, something you should cherish every day of your life.."

"Look i'm not going and there's no way you can convince me, i want a future you know!" Remus tried to sound certain and determined not to be convinced but there was still a softness in his voice, which James knew how to get to instantly..

"Fine, we'll go alone and if we get raped by albino yeti's it will be on your head! and i heard its really easy to catch crabs out there so if i get them, which is almost certain i assure you, you will be the first person i shall share them with!" James turned his head away to look at the horrified look on Lilly's face and gave her a quick wink.

"I..I.. FINE!, but I'm with Lilly on this one, I'm only going to supervise, however do not expect me to save you from the albino yeti's or.." Remus was cut off as Sirius came screaming and jumping down the stairs, he flew at Remus causing him to fall over onto the arm chair he was stood against and gave him a bone crushing hug. "You.. going you.. going i kn.. you wu.. i kn.. you wunt lea us.." was all Remus could make out of the thanks Sirius was shouting into his robes.

"Ew Pads youv'e dribbled on my robes! these were only cleaned 2 days ago" But he didn't sound the slightest bit angry as Sirius beamed at him.

--

It was Sunday morning and the dorm was snoozing, there was a little stream of light pouring in from the slightly un-even curtains in between Remus and Sirius' bed. It was 6:37am and all the boys were comfortably sleeping, Apart from James who was half hanging out his bed with his mouth wide open and saliva all down his face. Peter was the first to wake up which wasn't unusual. He rolled over and stared across the room to where the curtain's opening was creating what looked like a thin beam of dust. He remembered being young and thinking the specks of dust were little fairy's watching over him. This was certainly not something he would ever share with the other Marauder's. He had learnt his lesson after James convinced him to tell him about his fear of sheep and had told everyone in the school, and had even held a 'sheep' party where everyone dressed up. Remembering this event he shuddered out of his thoughts and slid out from his bed into the bathroom.

Half an hour later Peter returned to find the boys in the exact same positions as when he'd left them. Smiling at his friends he creeped over to the window to open the heavy scarlet curtains. This had a brilliant effect. Sirius attempted to kick the sheets off andstarted swinging his arms aroundtrying to untwist himself from them. Swearing loudly at the light. Peter was in hysteric's as he watched his angry friend kick about in a frenzy. He only had a moment of laughter before Sirius came flying at him throwing him onto Remus' bed. "gedoff Pete I'm tired!" Remus muttered half asleep, attempting to pull the covers over his head but failed due to the heavy weight holding it down which was a roaring Sirius battling a rather scared looking Peter. Remus gave up, got out of his bed swearing under his breath in anger and retreated over to Sirius' bed which was still warm and smelt of Sirius. He breathed in deeply filling his head with the smell, smiling lightly he nuzzled his face into the pillow trying to block out Peters cries for help and Sirius' evil laugh. He always liked Sirius' bed more than his own. It always had some left over chocolate wrapper down the side and his sheets were stained heavily with sweets and merlin knows what else, but that's what made it all the more fun. He'd spent many night's in this bed, mainly when Sirius had got so drunk he passed out on Remus' and refused to be moved. But there was that one time in the 3rd year that Sirius had had a nightmare about his family and started crying. This was a rather special event as Sirius Black never cried! In fact Remus had only ever seen Sirius cry twice in 5 years of sharing a room and almost every lesson with him. Remus had been woken by a muffled sob coming from the bed next to his own. After several minutes of listening to Sirius cry (something he'd never heard before) he crept over to his bed and climbed through the Scarlet hangings. Sirius tried to hide the tears as he attempted to push Remus out claiming there was nothing wrong and that Remus had imagined it, but before long Sirius was laid in Remus' arms with a fresh set of tears pouring down his face and down on to his bare chest. When the tears where back on the low Sirius told Remus what had happened in the dream, something about his Mother threatening to hurt his friends if he didn't stop talking to them. This disturbed Remus a little, knowing Sirius' mother was capable of such deeds, but reassured him this would never happen anyway. After several minutes of listening to their two other companions sleeping Sirius muttered something about wanting to go back to sleep but not wanting to be on his own, so Remus told him he'd stay in his bed until Sirius fell back to sleep. However they both woke up the next morning blushing as they realised they'd fell asleep in each others arms.

"Comfy ain' it" Sirius voice came as a shock to Remus who had slowly drifted off. He jumped up and almost knocked Sirius out of the bed. "Hey this is my bed, You can't throw me out!" Sirius laughed while hanging on to the edge of his bed. Remus was shocked as he looked at Sirius, he was dressed andhis hair had been tended too, he looked around and noticed they were the only ones in the dorm "Wha-What time is it?" Remus asked climbing out the bed and making his way over to his trunk.

"Dont worry about that Moony" Sirius answered mischievously making his way over to where Remus was fumbling around in his trunk looking for clean socks. "Were the only ones in here, think of all the things we could get up to" Remus ignored this comment but blushed all the same. He peered around the side of his bed to get a view of his alarm clock, 1:24pm. Damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: these characters are not mine :' ( they belong to a rather amazing lady, JKR. (God)

A/N:this is my first EVER fan fiction story. So don't expect to much, and sorry about the spelling. I tried to correct most of it.

A/N: i will proberly have the 2nd chapter done in a few days. Please review, this is my first story ( ':