A Step Into Life.

She wants me.

It was a week, a rather large one at that, until Christmas. A week until they'd be arrested for killing some innocent muggle and Remus would never have a job or a family, instead he would rot away in the deep depths of Azkaban.. Why in Merlin's name had he promised to go? Remus rolled over to a more comfortable position on the large sofa located in front of the fire in the Griffindor common room. It was late and there was only himself not in bed. He'd finally give up thinking of a way of getting himself out of going to Cleethorpes for Christmas, so with a loud sigh he relocated to the dorm to find a hibernating Sirius sprawled across his bed. Great. He searched the dark room for an unoccupied bed, when he noticed things had gone seriously wrong. James and peter were both in Peters bed, and there was someone in James' bed. Some unknown intruder had made their way into the boys dorm, their dorm. He stayed stood on the spot for a minute or two, straining his eyes to see an outline of the intruder. Hair. He could see hair, long hair, but it wasn't human hair it was animal hair.. His heart was beating twice the usual rate and his breathing became heavier, who was this person/animal? He walked over to the bed to get a better look when suddenly a large enraged wolf jumped out at a screaming Remus. Giving him no time to think everything went blank.

"He's a complete goner" Someone was mumbling in the background of Remus' swollen mind. Where was the wolf? was he in the hospital wing? or even worse, St. Mungos? No, he was in Griffindor common room on the same sofa he fell asleep on. Idiot he thought to himself. It was a dream..

"Mooooooooooony" Someone was prodding him in the shoulder, he had a certain feeling he knew who that someone was.

"Sirius" He muttered sleepily with one eye only half open and the other still completely shut "I love you and all that, but if you don't stop prodding me I may have beat your several times and then turn you into a giant nose and stick you to the back of a toilet.."

"You'll look like Sniv-" James retorted but was soon cut off when he saw his angel bouncing up to him, her deep fiery hair streaming behind and her bright electrical green eyes gleaming in the morning sunlight. She was wearing some black jeans that flared at the bottom with lipstick red wedges, her t-shirt was striped with red and black and her necklace a small love heart with the letter L in it. She stopped at the bottom on the stairs realising everyone was staring, Sirius whistled but James was the first to comment "Hi Evans your looking stunning today" he messed his hair up quickly before grinning at the girl of his dreams. "What's with the red and black look, not that it doesn't suit you" He ran over and placed himself on the arm of the chair she had just sunken into. Sirius and Remus had a look of 'its-not-going-to-work' on their faces while smirking at their friend's poor attempts.

"I thought I'd try a change if you must know.. and I couldn't care less what you think of it Potter" She spat the last word at him before getting up to greet her blonde friend who had just retreated from the girls dorm. "Hi Lucy sorry about that I was being harassed" She glared over at James who had a rather shocked look on his face and together they left babbling about famous Quidditch players.

"She wants me" James declared. Before leaving to go upstairs for a shower.

“I wish he could see how stupid he looks when he does that thing with his hair” Remus laughed as his eyes follow James up the stairs.

“Yeah I know, I always tell him but he thinks it looks cool” Sirius sighed and got up from the sofa stretching, “How come you ended up sleeping down here last night anyway my love?” He walked over to the big mirror and admired his black locks. Fellow Griffindor's were emerging from their dorms frequently and heading to the Great hall for breakfast, most of the girls were giggling and winking in Sirius's direction, who was used to this treatment every morning and gave them a quick smile in return before strolling back towards the sofa.

“I couldn't be bothered to move” Replied Remus honestly, making his way over to a table where he'd neglected last night's book, but as he got up his hand brushed against Sirius's crotch. Blushing madly he apologised many times before rushing out the room. Sirius was in hysterics. It was the look on Remus's face that did it he thought to himself while running after his wolfish friend.

“Hey wait up Moons” He was still laughing when he caught up to him “It happens, don't worry about it. Besides its not like it gave me an er-”

“Okay Sirius I get it!” Remus answered quickly as he laughed back and dragged himself out of the clutches of his best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Im aware this chapter isn't very good but it keeps the story moving while i'm writing Chapter 3. Please review :3

A/N: As ive said before these are not my characters. They belong to JKR (God)

A/N: A little help from Chris again :) I wrote so many different versions on this chapter but this is the one im sticking with. I hope you like it!