Time and Distance

I'd Swim Out To You In The Ocean

I woke up the next morning, instinctively rolling over, gasping when i connected with flesh. I scrambled into a sitting position, clutching my heart as I remembered who it was. I glanced around the hotel room as I remembered the events of the previous night. A laugh escaped my throat, and I lay back down, feeling sufficiently silly.

My eyes wandered back over to the sleeping man beside me. He looked heavenly peaceful, lying on his back with one arm flung over his eyes. His now-fully unbuttoned shirt revealed dark tattoos blooming over the pale skin, and I found myself reaching out to trace the lines.

The man's chest heaved with a sudden intake of breath, and I pulled my hand back. He rolled towards me, arm falling to rest in front of him. I smiled as his mouth twitched, and I wondered what he was dreaming. I suddenly regretted my decision to leave this city so soon.

After a few more minutes of looking at that perfect, angelic face, I checked the clock on his bedside table, sighing as I got up and shoved my heels back on my feet. I ran shaking fingers through my brown hair, smiling once more at the sleeping form. I turned to exit, shrieking as I was pulled back onto the bed. Billie smirked at me, laughing evilly as I caught my breath again. I playfully smacked his arm, making him laugh even more.

"You bastard!" I said as his laughter died down. He coughed down a couple more chuckles, then brought me into a groggy embrace.

"Sorry. I couldn't resist." My heart fluttered as I felt those tattooed arms wrap around me. No. I couldn't allow this to happen. I couldn't let myself fall for this man.

He pulled away suddenly, still grinning at me. I furiously tried not to do the same, but failed miserably. I covered my mouth with my hand as his smile spread to my own face.

"I see you!" he said, prying my arm from my face. I rolled over, refusing to let him see my face. He cackled evilly, rolling me over easily and sitting on me, holding my arms above my head with one hand. The other hand tickled my sides, and I squirmed hopelessly under him.

Finally he stopped the torture, his hand moving to cup my cheek.Time seemed to stop as he leaned closer, pausing just inches from my face. I bit my lip, grinning as he tenderly kissed my lips. I sighed under him and struggled to free my hands, needing to run my fingers over his muscled chest again.

He pulled away slowly, resting his forehead against mine.

"Sara," he whispered, making me melt all over again.

"Mm?" I murmered as he freed my hands. I let them roam over his body, feeling him shiver at the contact.

"Run away with me," he said quietly. It was so cliché, yet I loved it all the same. I nodded, bringing our lips together once more.