The Party Scene

A Day Of Adventures

Chapter 2
A Day Of Adventures

The next day the three boys woke up pilled in one cramped up position on Alex’s full size bed. If you can’t imagine this, just picture Alex in the middle of the bed, Rians head placed on Alex chest, and Jack, completely turned around with his foot placed near Alex’s head. It was already eleven in the morning, and the boys had no intentions of getting up anytime soon. However, it was the weekend, and no one wants to waste those days around, mostly Alex.

"Mmm, what the hell?” he mumbled, cracking his eyes open, “What’s on me?” he continued.

“Oh god, Jack! Get your disgusting feet out of my face!” he shouted opening his eyes fully. Jack stayed motionless. Rian on the other hand woke up to be greeted by the bare hairy legs or rather thighs of Jack.

"Gross Jack, come on get up!” he said pushing Jack off of Alex, anyone walking in at this present time would have felt extremely awkward. Or thought something had happened the previous night. I guess it was a good thing then that Alex's parents weren't home. Which meant that the boys would have the house all to themselves.

"He's not moving Alex, what's your plan?" Asked Rian.

"Oh don't worry I know exactly what to do." Alex got out of the bed and went down the hall to the other room. While Rian sat up on the bed just waiting for him to return. "It's time to Wakey wakey Jack." Said Alex entering the room with a pitcher of water, and a box of Twinkies.

"What's the box of Twinkies for?" Asked Rian.

"For after I throw the water at him, and we run, I'll leave the box of Twinkies here, and he'll forgive me." Chuckled Alex, although he knew it was true. He glanced over at Rian, then took a step closer to the bed, and tilted back the pitcher filled with freezing water, and pushed it out in front of him splashing the contents of it all over Jack.

"What the hell!?" He shouted immediately jumping two feet in the air and scattering to his feet. "Alex I'm going to KILL you." He yelled.

"RUN! Run Rian!" Bellowed Alex tossing the box of Twinkies to Jack and darted off laughing. Rian wasn't too far behind, and already needed to catch his breath from all the laughter. The two boys ran into the room at the end of the hall and locked the door behind them so Jack wouldn't be able to slap each of them silly.

"Did you see the look on his face? It was priceless, it was like this..." he stopped and imitated Jacks expression when the water splashed him.

*BANG*

"Oh shit we're done for!" said Alex excitedly.

"Alex! Rian! Open this door!" He coughed due to his mouth being stuffed with a Twinkie.

"These Twinkies aren't going to win me over this time."

"What's that? I can't understand you, because you seem to be enjoying the Twinkies to me." The two boys laughed.

*BANG. BANG*

Jack was pounding on the door. And the boys inside of the door fell to the ground in a side-splitting howl.

"Wait, wait wait, shush." Said Alex. They both froze. "I don't hear him anymore." He whispered. They both looked each other wondrously.

"PREPARE TO FIGHT LIKE A MAN!" Came a voice outside of the room.

"Shit!" Laughed the two boys. They quickly found two old light sabers in the ruins of the closet that was in need of some cleaning, and quickly tip-toed to the door, and thrust of open.

"AHHH!" All three boys shouted. It was two on one, and Alex and Rian were defending themselves with their light sabers, and Jack was throwing bundles of socks, that only God knows where they came from. This truly was quite a scene to be watching. On one end of the hallway you had Alex and Rian dodging flying socks, and shielding themselves with their light sabers, well Rian was. Alex was using his as a bat. Each time a sock came at him he hit it, and they flew back to Jack, most hitting his face. And on the other end of the hall was Jack himself helplessly throwing socks and running to the corner to block his face, he was quickly running out of ammo.

"Okay...okay...OKAY! I surrender, just let me live." Jack said seriously and still soaked in water, and sweat no doubt.

"Fine, next time don't have your abnormally huge feet in my face, I think it gave me sinuses." Alex said sniffing, and unable to breath out of his nose. Jack rolled his eyes, and just nodded, he couldn't help how he slept, heck he didn't know what he was doing in his sleep, let alone what he did when he was awake.

The three boys went on downstairs and into the kitchen where they all began to raid the cabinets, freezer, and fridge. Alex found some frozen chocolate chip pancakes, so he placed them in the microwave and began to eat them. While Jack grabbed the Fruit Loops cereal and dumped the whole box into a pot, and poured the carton of milk into the pot as well. As for Rian, he found himself a breakfast burrito, and munched on that. Once the boys were full, they sat there in awkward silence until Rian broke the chain.

"So, are we going to start cleaning out that garage?" He asked.

"We could start that if you want." He said. Both boys nodded. "Okay, then lets go." He said standing up leaving his plate on the table.
They all walked to the garage door and opened it, it was pitch black, and smelled of every substance you could think of. Dirt, scum, gasoline, grass poison, you name it.

"Do we need oxygen masks in here?" Joked Jack.

"Probably would be the sanitary thing to do." Chimed in Rian.

"Shut up! I told you yesterday, we never use the space in here, so everything gets pilled up." He said.

"Wouldn't it suck if we couldn't find the light switch, and Alex hadn't just tripped?" Laughed Jack.

It was true, Jack and Rian were walking behind Alex who had been searching for the light switch, because you'd have thought it'd be right by the door, but it wasn't. He was going along the wall, and the next thing you know, or well in his case, the next thing they heard was a crash.

"Wouldn't it suck if when I find these lights I kick your ass, Jack?" Said Alex having trouble getting up. He placed his hand on what felt like a box to help force himself off the ground but the box just toppled down on top of his head.

"Fuck! That hurt like shit! Can I have some help either of you?" He shouted.

"Wouldn't it suck if I said No?" Continued Jack.

"Come on Jack, lets help Alex." Said Rian, he always had been the nice one.

"Jack it's going to suck when these lights are on and you're still in my sight." Said Alex as Rian grabbed hold of his hands and pulled him up. "Where is that light switch?" He questioned.

He continued to walk carefully along the edges of the garage walls feeling around for a switch of some sort. He'd finally found it at the end of the garage where the actaul garage door opens upward.

"Who in their right mind would put the switch there?" He sighed.

"Wouldn't if suck if this place was any messier?" Said Jack shocked, he looked at the others, and their jaws to were sprung open just like his.

"This is a garage?" Asked Rian.

"You'd think so...It looks like Jack has been living here. Wait have you been living here?" He asked.

"Oh very funny." Said Jack pouting.

"You sure bro? It smells just like your room." Laughed Rian. Jack glared at both of the boys.

"Chill Jack, we're only teasing." Said Alex patting Jack on the back, "We love you dude." He smiled. Jack gave them a once over glance and rolled his eyes, and being his completely mood changing self immediately started to clean. The other boys followed in alongside Jack.

"This is going to take forever Alex, man!" Complained Rian.

"No, we'll just go through all these boxes see what's trash, and if it is trash it will go in this pile right here." he said pointed to his right. "And the things that we think aren't trash will go in that spot right there by Jack." He said pointing to the spot.

"Because that's logical, right now we have one massive heap of shit and then were going to split it into two semi massive heaps of shit?" Commented Jack.

"Unless you have a more genius idea?" Asked Alex. He shook his head left to right. "I didn't think so, so don't complain."

The three spent the entire rest of the morning, and part of the afternoon cleaning up the huge pile of EVERYTHING, and came across many amusing things.

"Alex...I didn't know you had a sister, what is she like your half sister or something, or a long lost distant cousin?" Said Jack holding up an old Kodak picture.

"Let me see!" Exclaimed Rian taking the picture from Jack. But Alex quickly snatched it from Rian.

"Gross, that's my mother! I can't believe you'd think that Jack!" Exclaimed Alex.

"You know I've always had a thing for the older women, and you're mother has got it going on!" shouted Jack.

"I beg your pardon?" Said a cool females voice.
The three boys turned to be blinded by the rays of the bright sun that entered the garage as it sprang open only to reveal Alex's mother.

"Nice." Coughed Alex under his breath.

"MRS. GASKARTH..." Stuttered a blushing embarrassed Jack.

"I was pretty good looking in my day wasn't I?" She asked.

"Absolutely...not, because that would be inappropriate." Said Jack catching himself. Rian and Alex were off to the side crunched over trying to contain their laughter by hiding their mouths with their hands. Mrs. Gaskarth shook her head and chuckled to herself and walked off to enter in the house to leave the boys alone once more.

"Nice cover dumbass." Smirked Rian.

"Shut up! I didn't know she was there, none of you did. So, that's going in the keeps pile right Alex?" questioned Jack.

"Yeah, but I will keep it here for now, so I make sure it actually stays in this household." Said Alex seriously.

"Whatever..." Sighed Jack.

"Is anyone noticing what I am noticing?" Asked Rian to break the tension. Both boys shook their head indicating a no. "Almost everything in here is in the trash pile except for that old dresser, and that blanket, that um thing that I'm not all to sure what it is, and that picture of your mom..."

"Your point being?" Said Alex point blank.

"No point, just stating." Said Rian continuing to shuffle through all the junk.

Another hour and the boys finally had cleared the pile of trash out of the garage, and managed to take in the few keep sakes. They were so exhausted and sweaty, it was unbelievable. But all the hard work paid off, you could actually see the floor...even if it was covered in saw dust, and dirt and other dried up particles. It was a progress, they all took certain jobs. Jack scrubbed down the walls. Alex got the leaf blower, and blew all the stuff on the garage floor to the outside of the garage, and Rian swept and mopped after Alex was done with his part. By the late evening the boys were laying flat on their backs panting, and breathing heavily.

"That's definitely the most I have ever cleaned in my entire life." Coughed Jack.

"I agree." Sighed Alex.

"Uh huh." Breathed Rian.

There they had it, a location to practice and perform their songs, that were currently non-existing. Except for one. But It was a start, and that's what matters, right? Tomorrow they would begin the electrical lines to run through the garage for their amps and what not. But for tonight, they were done. If someone hadn't known what they'd done all day, one would suspect they were wasted off their ass passed out. Because that's exactly how they felt, but alas they were completely sober. And so today ends another adventure of the three boys who had no idea what to expect in the next couple of years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments. Feedback.
If you like it, let me know! :)