The Party Scene

The Boy Has Joke

Chapter 3
The Boy Has Joke

Bright, and not so early the next morning, Jack and Rian met over at Alex's with their amp's and sound systems, cords, cables, wires, everything basically that would be needed for the electrical tasks.

"Gross Alex...did you take a shower last night...?" questioned Rian.

"Nah, going to get sweaty again today, why bother?" answered Alex.

"That's gross dude."

"As opposed to any other day of the week when he doesn't take a shower?" asked Jack.

"True, but he's not usually working this hard to get a sweat built up." said Rian pinching his nose as he walked past Alex and on into the garage carrying a massive black cord.

"And...just out of curiously, what does Julianne think about you...how does she stand being a foot from you?" joked Rian.

"She probably sprays her perfume right before she see's him so it covers his odors." laughed Jack.

"Who's Julianne?" paused Alex. Both boys stared absentmindedly at him in pure shock.

"Your girl-" started Rian.

"Oh, so you can joke but I can't. I know who Julianne is, she's my most favorite girl in the world." said Alex helping Jack move the amp into the garage.

"It's one thing to joke about you and your odors, but pretending not to know your girlfriends name...unacceptable." stated Jack.

"Whatever." Alex mumbled under his breath.

"Aw he's upset now...poor Alex." snickered Rian.

"Shut up!" yelled Alex.

"Chill bro, what's got your balls all scrunched up?" asked Jack. Not a second later, all three boys were on the garage floor laughing. "...what, wait I don't get it, why are we all laughing?" he asked. Rian rolled his eyes.

"It's too complex for your pea sized brain." said Alex.

"Why does everyone say that to me?" paused Jack.

"Maybe because it's true." said the two simultaneously.

"Ugh, you two are mean." said Jack.

"Yeah well-" started Rian.

"Common' stop messing around and being mean, and lets get started!" said Alex hopping up.

"Just once, that's all I ask. For once can I finish a senten-" asked Rian.

"No. Now lets get to working." exclaimed Alex.

"ARGH!" shouted Rian stomping his foot on the ground having a fit.

"Okay...now Jack I don't trust you will electrical wires...remember last year when you stuck the paper clip into the outlet in Mr. Canes class?" asked Alex.

"FIRE GO BANG!" exclaimed Jack with his lisp.

"Yes, fire go bang, and you went black...and you got suspended. So why don't you..."began Alex.

"Go make us some food!" interrupted Rian.

"Yeah, get some food for yourself, and us." agreed Alex.

"Okie dokie!" smiled Jack skipping out of the garage and into the house.

"Whew, nice cover Ri!" laughed Alex.

"Not bad yourself, just don't need our equipment to go BANG!" chuckled Rian.

A while later the two boys had placed all the equipment where they felt it would be the right place, and they hooked up all the extension cords, and mostly cracked jokes, you'd of thought they'd get more done. However, since when did boys ever get anything done. Rarely to say the very least.

"Where is Jack at?" questioned Alex as he wiped the sweat of his brow.

"No telling..." sighed Rian.

"JACK JACK!!" shouted Alex and Rian together.

"Hey guys guess what! I brought us food!" said Jack happily.

"Great, we're starving...what took you so long?" asked Alex.

"I saw a dinosaur show on tv and I decided to watch it!" giggled Jack.

"Should have known." laughed Rian with a 'oh of course' look on his face.

"Here you go!" said Jack handing the boys each a spray can of Easy Cheese.

"Um..thanks...what the hell Jack?" said Alex furrowing his eyebrows.

"You said bring you some food." said Jack.

"But Jack..this isn't...this is liquefied cheese in a can..." stated Rian.

"I meant maybe some real food that you can chew." said Alex staring at the can of cheese.

"Cheese is REAL food, is it not." argued Jack.

"Yes, it is..but THIS CHEESE isn't quite well the best alone" explained Rian.

"Basically it'd make me gag to eat plain...how the hell can you just eat this like that?" asked Alex tilting his head to Jack as he held his can of cheese a few inches from his mouth letting the cheese squirt into his mouth. "GAG!" shouted Alex making a puking sound.

"Look you didn't specify what type of food you wanted." continued Jack.

"But I want one of those sandwiches you made me Friday with your brotherly love!" pleaded Alex.

"GASP!!! Alex Gaskarth, you broke my trust!" frowned Jack.

"What?" said Alex.

"Huh?" questioned Rian.

"You said you'd never tell anyone about that. And you just did." said Jack scooting away from the two boys.

"Aw Jacky I'm sorry, it slipped how can I make it up to you?" begged Alex. Immediately a grin approached Jack's face.

"Eat this!" he said handing Alex the can of cheese. Alex grabbed it and stared at it disgusted.

"No way man." he said.

"Then I'll just have to kill you." Jack went on.

"FINE! But just so you know I hate you." said Alex making a face as he lifted the can of cheese.

"WAIT! Here, use this trash can for when you puke. Don't want to clean the floor again." joked Rian placing the trash can by Alex. Both boys stood back to watch Alex as he began to eat the cheese.

"UGH! This is so gross." said Alex taking a breath. Rian and Jack still staring and laughing. Jack had his obnoxious laugh, and was cheering him on. "When can I stop?!" he asked.

"When it's empty." said Jack. Alex glared at him, but continued to eat it nonetheless.

"You're not going to make it!" shouted Rian. "He looks terrible!" he went on.

"MOVE!" exclaimed Alex running out of the garage and onto the front lawn. Both boys chased after him. There was Alex hunched over gagging and puking the cheese back up. Not a sight to see. He continued to pant as more and more came up. And then he began to cough.

"I told you so..." laughed Rian.

"I'm...going...to...KILL...you." stuttered Alex pointing to Jack.

"Oh shit!" laughed Jack beginning to run, but Rian grabbed him by the arm.

"Now Jack...don't ever make me do that, understand?" asked Alex, inches from his face, breathing into it, poor Jack.

"Uh huh." chocked Jack covering his mouth and nose up with his free left hand.

"Good." said Alex.

Hours later, Rian and Alex had just about finished, they'd of been done sooner if Alex hadn't been running out of the garage every thirty minutes to, well you guessed it, puke. They'd figured out that the can given to Alex was also expired for a good solid month now. Jack's can wasn't, but Alex's was. It was terrible, the stench was unbearable, and Rian had to keep holding his breath just to survive it in the garage. As for Jack, he was in the corner playing his PSP.

"Ah dang it. I was so close. Come on pickachu use your powers!" shouted Jack loudly.

"Pokemon now..."laughed Rian.

"At least he's not playing his leapfrog game anymore." sighed Alex.

"Oh seriously. If I had to hear that song one more time." began Rian.

"Come on and play with me, I can count to three, now come and follow along." sang Alex.

"ONE. TWO. THREE!!!!!" sang Jack. "It's as easy as that!" he finished.

"UGHHHH." sighed both boys.

"Heh heh!" giggled Jack.

Finally another half hour and the boys were finished with setting everything up, and plugging everything in. Frankly, they were exhausted as well. They'd managed to not kill themselves, and hopefully everything worked. Neither of them had any experience when it came to electrical work. So Alex decided to grab his yellow guitar and strum a few notes. It worked. It actually worked, and the sound came out clearly. Rian and Jack watched as Alex strummed some more notes on his guitar. It was amazing at how well he could play. He always claimed he was playing guitar before he was walking, and by listening to him, you wouldn't doubt it, he was that good. Suddenly, he stopped.

"No Alex! Keep playing!" begged Jack.

"I need to tell you both something." said Alex seriously, gripping onto his guitar.

"Okay, so tell us." said Rian concerned.

"I didn't think either of you would actually buy into starting a band, I have always wanted this, but honestly who are we kidding, this is all a joke. To me it's a joke anyway, like a few high school boys could ever amount to anything big, hell we don't even have a bassist. So we can continue to play together, but let's not fool ourselves." said Alex dropping his head.

"You think this is all a joke?" frowned Jack. "I think this is fun."

"No, he's right Jack, who's going to want to listen to us. I'm still in though." said Rian.

"Really, you too Jack?" Jack nodded. "Great, I mean if it turns out we're actually good, then that's awesome...but seriously this IS pretty funny right?" laughed Alex.

The other boys joined in with Alex, and walked out of the garage turning the light out, and shutting the garage door shut. All three laid down on the hard cement driveway and looked up as the sun began to slowly set. Who knew that this joke would turn out to be one really good joke. It wasn't going to happen soon, but in time, before the boys knew it they'd turn out to be just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise further into the story it gets better, I have a whole lot written already because I wrote this all throughout the summer.
Feedback. Comments! :)