The Party Scene

Two To one

Chapter 8
Two To one

Over the next couple of days the news and drama of all the previous events of Alex had passed over. Now everyone was talking about Tiffany Avengers split with Mark Rowland. It was funny how news could travel so quickly in school. Everyone, everywhere was starving for the latest gossip to talk about, that way people didn't look completely pathetic not talking at all. Gossip kills; it always found a way to hurt the person being talked about. And it usually was never the truth, eventually the story got tinkered with. Why? Wondered Alex, why did people always need to be involved in others business.

Another long week had just passed, and it was now Friday morning, everyone slowly making their daily routines through the halls, many stopping to talk with friends before the warning bell sounded, in that group was Alex, with his right arm wrapped around Athena's shoulders. Jack, leaning against a locker talking with Cayden. Rian chatting with his other best friend, Amanda. And then there was Ali and Samantha the two best friends who shared just about everything with each other. But watch out, there are back stabbers in this school, I wouldn't trust everyone, and just walking in was Lena with her hips swaying back and forth. She made eye contact with Alex and winked at him, he however turned his gaze from her and pulled Athena closer to him. A few minutes later, the bell sounded and everyone quickly said their goodbyes and headed off to classrooms.

"So, you and Athena now?" said Rian catching up to Alex as they made their way to World History. "I knew you couldn't stay single for longer than a day." he laughed.

"I guess, I mean I only just met her this week, but if that's what you want to call it, then yes." said Alex entering the classroom and taking his seat, Rian followed and sat behind him.

"Well, I think it's better you and her than you and that Lena, she isn't good news, I can just tell." he said.

"I know you're right." lied Alex, the truth was he just couldn't stop thinking about her. Both weren't looking for commitment, so neither could get hurt, it was like she understood him. But who knows, maybe he would find it in himself to really give Athena a try, and see how she really was, he owed it to himself to find out.

Eventually the clock began to move, and first period turned into Lunch. Alex was found roaming the halls with Athena, and every girl currently despised Athena for that. Her friends put her down for dating scum like Alex, they knew such a smart girl could do so much better than that. But a girl can't help where their heart falls.

"I can't explain it," she began talking with her friends. "Alex just makes me happy. I don't know, there's just something about him that makes him so comforting." she sighed.

"How can you trust him?" said her friend. "He cheated on that other girl."

"I believe they were just kissing, and he was still madly in love with Julianne. It was a mistake, aren't people allowed to make those these days?" said Athena, defending her boyfriend.

"Just kissing, how would you like it if he was kissing someone else while dating you? Athena, stop trying to cover for him. He's not going to change." continued her friend.

"Plus, he's always with a different girl, one after the other. Like now, it wasn't even a day after he and Julianne broke up and you two are already together." chimed her other friend entering the conversation.

"I don't care what you two think, I know what I'm doing, I can handle Alex, he's not the one I'm worried about...It's her." she said pointing to Lena as she passed by them.

"Hey babe!" said Alex running up to her and squeezing her tightly, her two friends groaned. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing, they just think they know what's best for me." she sighed.

"Oh, well don't put up with them. That's what I'd do." he smiled. "I'm going to go to lunch, see you after school though!" he said hugging her again and made way to the cafeteria.

"What! Stop staring at me!" exclaimed Athena as her two friends just stared at her.

Later, as in at 3:45 the bell rang to release the students from class. Alex and Jack were walking out of the class together when suddenly Alex was snatched by the sleeve. Jack hadn't even noticed and continued on.

"Lena! What are you doing?" whispered Alex.

"I just wanted a little alone time with you, is that fine?" she asked.

"Not here, if Athena sees that you are talking to me, she's not going to like that." he explained, still whispering.

"Well, then when can we be alone?" she said tugging at his sleeve. Just then, Athena came strolling around the corner, and came to Alex's side.

"Never." said Alex bluntly. Lena walked off, knowing that was her cue to leave, but she would get her alone time with him, no matter what.

"What was that about?" asked Athena.

"Oh nothing...so, you're coming over with the group right?" he asked changing the subject as they walked out of the building and through the parking lot.

"Yeah, absolutely, after I go home and get a few things done I can have my sister drop me off." she smiled.

"Great, see you then." he said hugging her, and walking over to Jacks moms van.

"Alex disappeared?" said a confused Jack in the front seat as Alex slid into the back.

"I got held up. Hey Mrs. Barakat." he said.

"I got scared." laughed Jack.

"It won't happen again." chuckled Alex.

When Mrs. Barakat pulled into the driveway there were already a couple of their friends over sitting on the lawn talking amongst themselves. It was Amanda and Ali. And pulling in just as the two boys got out of the Van was Zack hopping out of his fathers car.

"Hey dude!" shouted Alex.

"Hey, glad it's Friday!" he replied.

"You're telling me! Pokemon is on!" bellowed Jack racing inside of the house as Alex unlocked the door. Everyone laughed as he quickly pounced onto the couch diving for the remote control.

"It isn't a laughing matter, this is seriously." said Jack turning the volume up.

"I know man, no worries bro." cooed Alex.

"So who is all coming over today?" asked Ali.

"I think we're just waiting on Rian and I don't know if Samantha is dropping by or not, but she said she would try. Her mom is making her do her homework on a Friday before she can go out and do anything." began Alex. "Then Athena is going to come by in a little." he finished.

"Aw, you and Athena are great Alex. I'm so jealous that you can just find anyone." said Amanda.

"Heh, yeah... trailed Alex.

"So, you think Samantha is coming?" asked Ali.

"At some point, why?" asked Alex.

"I was just wondering." she replied.

"Mind if I go set up?" questioned Zack.

"Oh of course not, let me go open the garage." said Alex. Zack followed and Alex returned to sit by Jack and enjoy a nice episode of Pokemon.

"Ash is so cool!' exclaimed Jack.

"I know bro, I know." sighed Alex.

"I'll be back..." said Ali. No one acknowledged her presence leaving the room. She headed out to the garage to talk to Zack.

"Hi." she said shuffling her feet.

"Oh hey. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm alright, can I ask you something?" she hesitated.

"Yeah, go for it." he responded.

"Well, I've been friends with Samantha since she moved here a year ago, and she never mentioned you. I was just wondering...what's the history with the pair of you? Because honestly, the way she talks now, it's like you two had chemistry and the whole shebang. But I just find it strange that before you became a member of this band, she never once mentioned you." stated Ali.

"Really, I didn't know that. We did get along really well and everything, and there definitely used to be something there. But nothing ever happened between us. She moved too soon, maybe she just didn't like that memory and never wanted to bring it up." said Zack.

"Yeah, maybe. So, now there isn't anything going on with you two?" she questioned.

"Not that I'm aware of. Why?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, no reason..." she said biting her lower lip. Zack started to say something, but was interrupted.

"There is a reason...tell him Ali." laughed Alex intruding in on their conversation.

"There isn't anything to tell Alex." she said in that tone of voice.

"Oh come on, you and Amanda are friends, and you tell her just about everything, and she's best friends with Rian...who I suppose has to be one of my best friends, guys talk too...I know what's going on....tell him."

"What's with you Alex? You're being annoying." said Ali, her heart racing, he knew... now she was just hopping Alex had enough decency to keep her secret.

"Zack..." started Alex.

"Alex...don't." she stuttered.

"She likes you." he finished.

"Say.....ALEX!" she said hot tempered.

"That's from my understanding. So now by all means, now that my work here is done, continue on." he snickered.

"Alex, you douchebag." she seethed. "Well, aren't you going to leave?" she pestered.

"Uh...no, I'm just through talking. I'm not going to miss this though." he laughed evilly.

"Uh...so you like me?" asked Zack.

"Well, maybe...not that it helps, but it's crazy right?" she asked him. Alex got bored of watching the two, and walked back inside, and at that time the doorbell rang, it was Rian, and a few feet away was Samantha walking up the sidewalk.

"Hey Rian." said Alex giving him a high-five.

"Hey Alex." said Samantha walking into the door.

"I know nothing, but Zack is in the garage." blurted Alex.

"Hah, okay...thanks." she said making her way to the garage. Alex was right...Zack was in there...and his tongue was in her best friends mouth.

"ALI!" she yelled.

"Oh crap....Sammie, hey I thought Alex said you were doing homework." she breathed heavily.

"I was, I finished...I thought we were best friends." she bolted. BURN.

"Samantha..." started Zack.

"And you, I thought I knew you...what did last week mean? That little kiss? Hmm?" she hammered down the questions.

"Kiss, I didn't know that." said Ali innocently.

"Whatever, I told you and you know that. Stop trying to be clueless, and talk your way out of it." she shot, and stomped out of the garage, and back into the house.

"Thanks a lot Alex!" she said walking out of the front door slamming it shut.

"Welcome!" he smiled.

"What was that about?" asked a voice entering the door. It was Athena. "I got my sister to drop me off early." she smiled,

"Well, I'm glad. All the boys are here now and we can practice." said Alex.

"Cool...but why did Samantha just start running down the road?" she asked again.

"Zack..." he said simply.

"Ooooh" exclaimed everyone. All quickly pilled up at the door to enter the garage. There in the center was Zack and Ali, still kissing. Amanda shook her head, knowing that this wasn't going to go well with her and Samantha, even after all the air was cleared up between them. She'd tried to explain that she should wait, and make sure nothing was going to happen with Samantha and Zack. But now this was just guaranteed that nothing was going to happen, because Samantha wouldn't be speaking to either of the two anytime soon.

It had been a long and awkward practice that afternoon. This was sure to spread around the school next week, and the culprits would be no other than themselves. They were the witnesses of this scene, but so had someone else.

That night everyone else had left and Alex was exhausted, while it had been awkward the group had got a lot done, Zack was coming along with some bass music to go with the song that Alex had been working on for the past few weeks, and it was sounding good. They were at least getting somewhere, even though it wasn't far. But it was better than being stuck with no music, or no lyrics at all. They could only hope to escalade. He was brushing his teeth shirtless in his bathroom, when he heard his phone sound off in his room on his bed. He finished brushing his teeth and wiped off his mouth and went to see who had just called. He looked at the ID and smiled, and dialed the number back.

"Hey." he smiled to himself.

"I'm coming over." said the voice on the other end.

"Wha- okay, don't ring the doorbell. I'll meet you outside." he said. A few minutes later he walked down stairs to wait by the door. It wasn't that it was late, and he didn't want to wake his family up, he just didn't want anyone to know that someone was coming over. He stepped outside shutting the door softly, and perfect timing. There she was, in her little soffee shorts, and a light yellow tank top.

"Alex!" she smiled.

"Hey!" he said embracing her in a hug.

"Lets go to your room and talk." she grinned. He grabbed her hand and they walked inside, and he slowly, and softly shut the door. Once in his room, they sat on his bed and stared at each other.

"I don't like this." she said.

"I know I'm sorry..." he sighed and grazed her cheek with his hand, and leaned in to kiss her. She sighed, and he sighed.

"Lena..." he breathed between breaths.

"I like when you say my name." she smiled.

"Well..." he began, as the two slowly laid down. "It's a pretty name. He said softly kissing her neck. She giggled, and the night went on.

Monday would roll around, and there would be some explaining to do if anything leaked out. The day was full of back stabbers, lying, cheating, deceit. The only thing that would amount from this would be: Well, gossip. Seems everyone knows exactly what's going on. Well, almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating...even though I haven't had anymore comments.
I need to know that I've got readers, so pretty please if you're reading this,
just drop a small comment on this story. =]