Buried Myself Alive

The World Is Ugly

Please, let him be there.. Tell me that he’s with Mikey.. My mind kept hoping he’d have gone back, that he’d be there.

A reason? Were there any reasons left for anything? I swallowed down the chill that hadn’t left my body since I walked away from my father. Please.. Gerard, please, let you forgive me. I sighed and sucked back in a deep breath of air.

My fault. All of this was my fault. I did deserve it. Not in the self pity sort of way, I just.. did. Even if I didn’t, it happened. It’s been done.. It’s not like Jeff hasn’t treated me worse.

I glanced up from my feet, at the few people passing me on the sidewalk. Some faces wrapped and hidden by scarves, hiding away from the whipping wind. I finally spotted the building on the corner.

I climbed up the steeping driveway that was on a slope. My body was functioning, my mind just wasn’t working.

“Need you.”

I was speaking to myself, not even in full sentences.

“Help. God, help.”

I made my way up the flight of steps toward the front door. When I reached the door, it was open. I took the stairs up to his floor, walking into the hallway. Could he be here? Would he be here? Would he come back to where I know he could be?

The door, his door, stood in front of me after my feet automatically carried me to it’s doormat. I reached my hand up, weakly knocking. A voice answered, “Yeah. Who is it?”

“It’s me.. F-Frank.”

The sound of my voice didn’t sound like mine. It sounded like a boy’s.. A lost boy’s. That couldn’t be me.

I heard a girl’s voice come from inside as well, “Mikey..? Babe, who is it?

I don’t know. Now, seriously, who is this?”

My eyes looked around the frame of the door. They landed on the doorknob, the peak hole, and the lock. I saw myself, for some odd reason, like the door. I hid myself, locked people out, there was a way to get in, but that key was lost. I could see out, see the world, but I wouldn’t- couldn’t let anyone in.

“Mikey.. Please. I need-“ I needed so many things. I needed to realize what happen, let it in. I couldn’t do that. I needed to feel Gerard, love Gerard.. I couldn’t do that.. Couldn’t do that without hurting him.. “Please! Just- Just let me in! If Gerard said not to let me in, to ignore me.. I understand that! Just, God, I don’t-“

I stopped talking. I don’t know what to do… I sighed, letting out a shaky breath. I turned on my heel and started to walk back down the hallway. There was no place for me anywhere. What could I expect?

Maybe Jeff’s threat would be a good thing.. Then maybe I’d stop screwing up other people’s lives. I suddenly heard the click of their lock, it echoed throughout the hall.

I turned around as Mikey poked his head into the hallway. His eyes met mine and suddenly changed from the hardness they were looking at me with.. To soft, disgusting pity. I could care less.

“Is.. Is Gerard there..?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know this story is kind of dragging out... I'll get where I want to soon! Once I get the vibe of this story back :)