Sunset Strip Souveneirs

The Complete Transformation

Roxxie

Turning towards the full length mirror that was fixed upon the back of the bathroom door, I studied myself.
My pillar box red hair was quite long and fell just past my shoulders; the layers that had been cut in a few weeks before had been back combed to perfection; the last month had been quite hectic for myself.
I'd gone from a goody-two-shoes 18 year old prep to a rebellious goddess of glam who did whatever the fuck she wanted to; I'd moved from my parents home in Arizona against their wishes, to L.A, a place where no one knew me.
I'd transformed myself in every way possible; back home, I wasn't allowed to be who I wanted to be, and I was finally able to express how I felt through my image.

My face was lightly dusted with a pale white powder, and my dark brown eyes were outlined in thick eyeliner. I had added a thick layer of black eyeshadow to my eyelids, with glitter sprinkled under my eyes and down my cheeks.
My eyes traveled down to my attire; A fitted black off the shoulder top, a pair of black leggings with multi colored stars stitched on all over them, and some glittery black and red cowboy boots. A leopard print scarf dangled from the my hip, as some sort of accessory.

"Are you ready yet? He's going to be here in a minute" Scarlett asked, poking her head around the bathroom door.

"Yeah, just about" I told her as she pushed the door open and strode next to me.

Scarlett's black hair was very much like my own, style wise. She was wearing a tight zebra print shirt, blue denim shorts and zebra print leggings, her outfit complete by 6 inch stilletto boots. Her make up was perfect; glittery and black, as was mine.
I had met Scarlett the day I had moved to L.A, when I asked her for directions to the apartment we now shared. We got talking, clicking instantly, and she revealed that she had left her boyfriend and had no where to stay. I took that opportunity to let her stay the night, and that one night turned in a week, and soon enough she was sharing the apartment with me.
She was to thank for my transformation; she made me realize that I can be whoever I wish to be.

"You look hot...I love that outfit" She grinned, letting out a low whistle and she surveyed me.

"Thanks...You don't look too bad yourself...So who's coming over again?" I asked, following her from the bathroom and into our living room.
The living room was plastered with posters of bands of upcoming bands that we thought were fuckable. The furniture mostly consisted of black and red, giving it a slightly gothic theme.

"Mark; he's bringing some stuff over before we head out. Where did you want to go?" She explained, sitting down on the leather sofa and leaning over to look for a bottle of vodka and two shot glasses.

"I heard from someone that there's a few bands on tonight at The Whiskey...new bands, so it would be pretty awesome to go check them out" I suggested, watching Scarlett pour two small skull shaped shot glasses full of vodka. She handed me one, and downed hers, not even wincing.

"Oh, sounds good. Where the fuck is Mark?! I told him to be here for 7! It's 7.15! I hope he hasn't got busted" Scarlett exclaimed, as I poured the clear liquid down my throat; wincing slightly as it burned.

Two more shots later, there was a sharp knock at the door. Scarlett hauled herself from the sofa and strode over to the front door. Unlocking the door, she pulled it open and stood back.

"About fuckin' time! We're going out tonight, you know" Scarlett exclaimed as Mark sat down on a furry grey chair in front of the television.

"Sorry Scar, you know I always got some stuff to take care of" He shrugged, smiling slightly.

"This is Roxxie by the way" Scarlett told him, motioning to me.

He looked towards me, and muttered 'Hey' before going back to rummaging through his pockets. Eventually, he took out a bag full of white powder and threw it on the table.

"Here, I think this'll cover it" Scarlett said, handing him $80

"Yeah, that'll do...Well, I have more gifts to take to people, so I'd better be off. Call me if you need anymore" Mark sighed, standing up and striding to the door. He pulled it open, and within seconds he had gone and the apartment was quiet once again.

"Don't tell me, we're actually going to snort that shit?!" I asked her, a panicked expression on my face; I'd never even thought about taking drugs, let alone snorting my way through half a bag of the stuff.

"Oh come on Rox', this is the 80's! Everyone does drugs...it's fun" Scarlett sighed, pulling the bag towards her and tipping some out on the coffee table.
Using a credit card, she organized a long line of powder, and started rolling up a $5 bill.

"It's not fun, it's stupid; I don't want to fuck my nose up, thanks" I replied tartly, folding my arms in defiance.

"I thought you had changed? I thought the whole point of you coming to L.A was to change...you're not that nerdy prep you used to be, Rox'. Would the Roxxie from Arizona be doing lines of coke? Of course she wouldn't...That's why you have to. You're not Roxxie from Arizona anymore...You're Roxxie from L.A" Scarlett told me, just before fixing the bill up her nostril, and snorting the line straight up.

She wiped her nose of any residue, and grinned at me.

"Come on, you're turn. I'll even hook you up with a line" She told me, using her credit card and organizing the powder into a perfectly straight line.

Handing me the bill, I placed it in my nostril, and leaned over the coffee table.

'Here goes nothing' I thought as I closed my eyes before sniffing. I could feel the substance enter my nose and fall into my system as I opened my eyes to find the line gone.

"See? It's fun! It doesn't hurt and I bet you feel great now" Scarlett giggled, sorting us out for a few more lines.
After we had snorted half of the bag between us, Scarlett stowed it in her bra, so she knew it wouldn't get lost.

"Shall we leave then? It's only like, five minutes away" She asked, standing up and helping me to my feet.

I felt pretty buzzed; the drugs and the alcohol were mixing, and it has to be said, I kinda really liked it.
We grabbed our purses, checked our hair once last time, adding another layer of Aquanet hairspray, and left the apartment, locking the door behind us.

We climbed down the long stretch of stairs, and found ourselves out in the streets of L.A. The streets were still busy, even though the stores had shut for the night. L.A's nightlife was particularly amazing. No matter, where you went, or who you went with, you were always guaranteed an eventful night ahead of you...that's just the way it is in L.A.

We walked a few blocks, and found ourselves standing outside The Whiskey, getting stares from people as we slid past them and into the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be a co-written series by Morbid and myself :)
I'll be writing in the view point of Roxxie, and Morbid will be writing in the view point of Scarlett. The next one will be Scarlett's point of view, and then Roxxie's again, and so on.
Thanks for reading!
Let me know what you think!
x