Sunset Strip Souveneirs

Addict

Scarlett

I wake up feeling like I must be dead. But I can't be dead because it hurts too much. But then again, as I breathe in all I can smell is the sweet but tainted scent of Sixx. What kind of punishment is this? Being entangled for eternity with a man I love who only loves one sort of pleasure I can give him?
Last night I was determined to drink myself to death, but something tells me that it didn't work, other than the feeling of death; Nikki's light snores. Now all I want to know is;, where is my morning drink?

My attempts to roll off the thin mattress and escape are foiled when I realise he isn't about to let me go. I use all of y strength to prize his big arms away from myself and finally succeed. One hand after the other, one knee after the other; I crawl away and out of the door. My hair a tangled mess in front of my eyes and the room still spinning make it hard to see never mind want to throw up my stomach lining.
The remains of my Halloween costume are pathetic to say the least; I survey them as I climb onto a chair at the table. Perfect, a glass in front of me and the rest of a vodka bottle. Who leaves this stuff hanging around?
I finish the vodka in one and bizarrely enough, behind the bottle is a bunch of cross tops. Mine. I look around the room and find my purse.
But then there is the decision I have to make, where do we go now? My quick and easy answer; away. Away not just from Nikki Sixx, but from Motley Crue, the Motley house, the sunset strip, away from Hollywood and away from Los Angeles. Boom- I'm gone. But it would be rude not to leave a note.

Roxxie

My chest feels so fucking tight like I've had a heart attack or something.
I fall out of bed and down a fifth of whiskey, stumble to the bathroom sink for a line and realise I need to shower.

Spinning my way back to my room, I dress in ripped jeans, cowboy boots and a black Ramones t-shirt. I smear on black eyeliner in thick lines and decide to find my Scar'.

"Scarlett?" I holler through the apartment, "Scarlett? You here?" I continue to call.
I reach her door and swing it open. It’s the lack of mess that startles me. stepping into the room, gazing around I realise what's wrong; all her stuff is gone. On her dresser is a scrap of paper with scrolled writing across it.

Roxxie,
I love you but I gotta get going.
I hope I'll see you again some day.
Thanks for everything.
Take care of yourself, babe.

Love you forever
Scars
xxxxx


"What the fuck happened last night?" I shout out aloud. I grab the car keys left next to the note and decide that the boys must have something to do with it.

In less than ten minutes I've kicked in the Motley door and scream at the top of my lungs, "SIIIIXXXXXX, NEIIIILLLLL! What did you do to her?"

No answer. First I throw Vince and Tommy's door open to find about five comatose girls in there, Tommy shakes in head clearly still insanely intoxicated before closing his eyes and resting his head back down on some girls rack. While Vince just stares at me,
"How should I know where she's gone? Sixx had her last" he groans and shifts slightly.

I slam the door shut and next kick Nikki's in.

"Sixx!" I scream. A kick to his side doesn’t make him up either so a jug of water is needed.
That works.

"Wha- what! Aaaah!" He jumps in a sitting position. "Scarlett, where Scarlett?" Nikki sounds like a child lost without his mother.

"You tell me! She cleared out her stuff and vanished!" I kick him again.

"Quit it!" he demands, grabbing my legs and dragging me onto his lap.

"Get off me! what have you done with my friend? you fucking asshole!" I struggle in the vice grip.

"Calm down, Roxxie, we'll find her." Somehow Nikki manages to calm me with his soothing words, which, coming from him, seem both out of place but still strangely work. As he strokes my hair is sends something waving through me, something that makes me not want to decapitate him. Somehow I actually believe everything will be alright.

How wrong I was.

* * * *

Since I first laid eyes on that man, all I wanted was to love him, and for him to love me in return. Love never came easy with Nikki Sixx.

Last we heard of Scarlett, was from Blackie Lawless. He has whisked her away with the sole promise that the pain would go away. I guess it did when she crashed in the morgue. Not literally. Just crashed on the slab, for the night, forever. She had found a drug dealer boyfriend in Las Vegas who constantly beat her senseless. The story made the news when she shot him then collapsed in her bath tub, bleeding to death almost from the stab wounds he had inflicted upon her. But the biggest "Fuck You" was to finish snorting an eight ball and splatter the insides of her skull onto the shower curtain. Scarlet wouldn't let some lowlife get away with her murder, that wasn't her style. "If you're gonna let yourself die, have some dignity about it" she once told me.

As for me, well, my last memory is of Nikki's lips on mine.

Nikki

Roxxie insisted on doing it herself, she told me she wasn't that fucked up. After I shot up I passed her the needle. We shared needles, but only with one another, we had that trust. Her beautiful smile lit up her face as she drew the junk into the syringe.

"I love you" I told her followed by a deep and passionate kiss.

"You love this" she waved the needle in my face before plunging it into her arm. She moved her fingers away from the side so I could glimpse at the measurement.
Then it was too late. There is no was she could handle more than two CCs of the stuff, let alone ten and she knew that damn well.
Roxxie's smile faded as she clutched at her chest. I was insane. She was slowly dieing and I didn’t know how to save her. I called her name over and over as she slipped away from me, pulling my hair out. I called an ambulance and flushed the last of the stash. But before paramedics could arrive she had turned blue and her heartbeat had been gone a long time. I rocked her cold stiff body in my arms on the bedroom floor as tears stained my face.
As the medics burst in, all I could do was repeat, "She's gone, she's gone."
It took at lest half an hour for them to prize her corpse from me. I didn't want to let her go. I loved her. At that time I loved her far too much. She was right though. Scarlett got away, but Roxxie was too addicted.
And sad to say, it wasn't an addiction to drugs, it was an addiction to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This, I'm afraid, the end guys.
Thankyou for everyones comments and support. We hope you liked reading this short series as much as we loved writing it.
xxx