Status: Completed

Even Forever Doesn't Seem Like Long Enough

"You Are 'Storm' From X-Men... But Male"

I woke up the next morning to knocking on the car window. Groaning and turning my body, I frowned and looked up to the face at the window.

"Hannah?" I was completely confused as I sat up and rolled down the window, "What are you doing here?" I kept my voice quiet due to the sleeping Brendon beside me.

Her eyebrow rose at me, "What am I doing here? I think the question that's more suitable for this situation is why are you sleeping in the car in the middle of a public park?"

I shushed her and gestured with my hands for her to keep her voice down, "We came to sleep under the stars but it started raining so we got in the car," I whispered in reply.

"Right..." Her frown was sceptical, "Are we still going to this concert tonight or not?"

I nodded my head profusely, "Of course we are; I'll be at yours at about four,"

"Well, it's twelve now and with the time it takes you to get ready you better get home,"

"It's twelve o' clock?!" I exclaimed before clamping my hand over my mouth, cursing myself for being so loud. I casually glanced over my shoulder to see Brendon frown, sigh and turn over but stay asleep.

I breathed out in relief and turned back to Hannah, "I'll get home soon and I'll meet you at your house later,"

She nodded, "Okay then, I'll see you later," She waved and then wandered off.

I wound the window back up and then stretched.

"Ouch!" I cried out as I stretched and punched the roof.

I winced again, realising the volume of my voice.

"You know, you're really noisy," Brendon's slightly hoarse voice came from the other side of the car.

"I'm sorry," I leaned on my arm, facing him and he rolled over.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Good morning," He beamed brightly at me.

"It's not morning anymore love, it's the afternoon,"

"Oh God," He groaned and adjusted his seat so that it was straight again, me following his lead soon after, "I'm in work soon,"

"How soon?" I frowned, throwing my bedding into the back seat.

"Half two," He replied, putting on his seatbelt.

"Better get you home then, huh?" I sighed, wiping at my eyes and starting up the engine.

"I guess so... But I wish I didn't have to go to work,"

I rubbed his shoulder reassuringly, "I'm sure you'll be fine," I then began driving back to his house.

"I had fun last night," Brendon began on the journey home.

"You say that like you weren't expecting to," I scoffed.

"Well, to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the whole sleeping outside aspect," He admitted cautiously.

"So it was your fault it rained last night," I accused.

"Yeah, because I have total control of the weather," He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Oh yeah, you are 'Storm' from X-Men... But male," I joked.

He chuckled slightly, "If you say so,"

"Anyway, it's good that you enjoyed yourself- And even better that I made it better than you expected,"

He nodded briefly and ran his hand through his hair as I pulled up outside his house. I let out a small giggle at his hair that was now sticking up.

"What?" He frowned, shifting uncomfortably as I chuckled at him.

I shook my head at him before slowly reaching over and flattening down his hair. When his hair was fixed, I still kept my hand smoothing over his hair before I started to stroke his cheek with my thumb as I held his face.

"Your hair was stuck up," I whispered.

"Is my face stuck up too?" He smirked, leaving a gentle kiss on my wrist.

I laughed and moved my hand away from him, "I'll see you later, have a good day at work,"

He nodded, "I will. Thank you for last night,"

"Anytime at all,"

"I'll call you," He held up his hand in the shape of a phone.

"I'll pick up,"

He chuckled, "You'd better," He got out of the car and shot me that mind-blowing smile of his before he closed the door and made his way to his house.

I let out a blissful sigh and watched him go inside before pulling out and driving home. I did get to Hannah's on time- five minutes early in fact.

The doors to the concert didn't open until seven but we were getting to the concert early because we were standing and we wanted a good view.

The next thing on my list also required me to be mid-crowd.

It was quite unbelievable that I was over a quarter of the way through my list already; it had gone pretty quickly.

That was also quite depressing because it also meant that I was closer to the end of me as well as my list.

But on to a happier note...

Apart from the actual excitement of me, Hannah and Ruby, nothing good or relevant to my story actually happened while we were queuing.

By quarter to eight, everyone was in a waiting for the support acts to come on stage. I'd linked my arms with Hannah and Ruby's so that I didn't lose them- Being mid-crowd isn't the best place for wanting to stay with your friends. I had them both in a death-grip.

"So when do you want your bunk-up?" Ruby asked me.

I shrugged indifferently, "I don't know, probably in the middle of The Killers' set would be best," I decided as I gazed up at the stage, "I don't want to do it too early,"

Ruby and Hannah, who was also listening in, nodded in understanding.

This was one of the things on my list I was quite excited about.

Brendon's P.O.V

"Guys, you're on in five," I knocked and poked my head into the room, "You'd better start making your way down,"

The guys just gave me nods and grunts of acknowledgement before I left and headed off towards Josh who was waiting for me.

"Hey," He greeted briefly, "They ready to go on?"

"Yeah, they're making their way down now," I replied, a yawn escaping my lips.

"Late night?" Josh asked as he watched the sound technician carefully- He'd been making lots of mistakes in sound check.

"Not really, I'm just tired. I slept in Amber's car last night," I rubbed my hands over my eyes fiercely in a feeble attempt to wake myself up.

Josh took his eyes off the soundman and turned to look at me, arms folded with a suggestive expression.

"Really?" He smirked, "Her car?"

A confused frown etched across my features before it contorted to an expression of realisation, "Oh, no I don't mean like that!"

He made the shape of an 'o' with his mouth before turning back to the technician.

"So why were you in her car?"

"She wanted to sleep under the stars and I went with her but it started raining so we got in the car,"

"She wanted to sleep under the stars? What is she- Made of clichés?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "No," I growled back, becoming suddenly defensive, "She just didn't want to spend a boring night at home,"

"Better to spend a boring night in a car instead,"

"It wasn't boring!" I snapped.

"Whoa, man, alright; I was just kidding, no need to be so defensive," He held up his hands in innocence and my voice and expression softened.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean to act like that, there was no need," I frowned distastefully at my behaviour.

"Hey," He slapped my shoulder reassuringly, "Don't worry about it,"

"I feel very... Protective of her- If that's the right word," I spoke doubtfully.

"I know what you mean," He nodded understandingly and crossed his arms over his chest again.

At this point, I noticed that the lights had gone down and noise had begun to emanate from the speakers.

"Show time," Josh sighed.

Two Support Acts and Half a Main Act Later...

When The Killers act was half way through, I was watching from backstage so I had a good view of the stage and of the crowd. I was on lookout for trouble makers because for some reason there wasn't as much security.

Tonight's show really wasn't going very well in organisation terms. The venue was the worst we'd been at so far.

As I bobbed my head to the beat, my eyes scanned the crowd and paused as I saw a familiar figure being carried along on top of the crowd.

"Jesus Amber," I smiled to myself, "I really can't escape you, can I?"

I couldn't help but spend the next half of the concert with my eyes pretty much glued to the red-haired beauty that just wouldn't let go of my attention.

Amber's P.O.V
10.30pm


"Oh my GOD, that was amazing!" I screamed over the buzzing in my ears, finally finding Ruby and Hannah again.

They beamed at me.

"You looked like you were having fun," Hannah laughed.

"I really did! It was great," I grinned.

"Good," Ruby ran a hand through her dyed brown hair.

I almost jumped out of my skin as I felt two hands on my waist.

"You know what; if this show hadn't sold out before I met you I'd think you were stalking me," A husky voice murmured into my ear, just about loud enough for me to hear. A familiar, exquisite aroma entered my nose and my whole body went into turmoil.

I spun around and was unable to suppress the grin from my face, "Brendon!" I exclaimed, jumping at him and holding him in a tight grip, "What're you doing here?"

"The Killers are under a company that controls their record label and our label- I got sent here with Josh to take care of some stuff," He responded, pulling away from me and holding me at arm's length.

"Wait," My arm shot out and grabbed a handful of his shirt, "You know the Killers?" My eyes were wide as I looked at him in disbelief.

He took one of his hands from my waist and slowly eased my hand from him, "Ouch, Amber, you're grabbing skin there," He winced and I loosened my grip with an apologetic smile, "But yeah I do- Do you want to meet them?"

"You could do that?!" Hannah breathed in shock.

Brendon nodded briefly, "Yeah," He held up a small piece of laminated card, "Backstage pass,"

"My God I think I may have just fallen in love with you," Ruby announced.

"Hey," I snapped my head around and pointed an accusing finger at her, "Eyes off- You can't have him,"

"Apparently I've already been claimed," Brendon chuckled, sending some shivers through me as he stroked my hips slowly.

I turned back to him, a cheeky smile on my face and nodded, "Yes you have,"

His head tilted slightly and I watched as his hair flopped from his forehead in the most attractive way.

Resisting the urge to kiss those lips of his, that looked so soft and enticing, I hugged him again.

"I am so glad I met you," I admitted sheepishly into his ear.

"Same here Ambs," He whispered, slowly pressing his lips to my cheek, "Come on then you lot, let's go backstage,"

He pulled away from me, took my hand and led us all off towards the stage doors.

Sometimes I really thought that it was fate that brought this man to me.

I really believed that something was supposed to happen between us whether it was romantic or not... And I couldn't wait to find out what that 'something' was.

To Do List1. Buy flowers for mum and help them understand.
2. Have a space hopper race.
3. Swim with dolphins.
4. Hold a charity night.
5. Get drunk & sing loud and out of tune on karaoke.
6. Ride the biggest, fastest, highest rollercoaster
7. Go to the highest point in the city at night to see the lights
8. Sleep under the stars
9. Crowd Surf


Nine down, sixteen to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now
Here he comes

The Killers- When You Were Young

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------