Status: Completed

Even Forever Doesn't Seem Like Long Enough

"You're Not Going To Kidnap Me Are You?"

I believe that the words that Hannah first spoke when I told her about number four on my list were-

"You really have a thing about charity, don't you?"

She hadn't meant it in the way that it sounded though- She meant it more in the sense that two charity things were so close together on my list, not that I'm giving too much to charity.

You can never give too much to charity, especially when you know that it's all going towards the people you're raising it for.

I heard that if you give money to a person collecting money for a charity on the street, a considerable percentage goes to the wages of the collectors.

I don't know if it's true but, by collecting and giving all the money ourselves, we knew that it was all going towards the reason for collection.

This was the last charity endeavour that was on my list and it took a few weeks for all the arrangement.

It was basically just an afternoon to night thing that was for Cancer Research and the Children's Hospital again- If we got past a certain point in donations then we were considering giving to a few more charities.

Basically, we'd hired out a place that had an outdoor area and an indoor bar and function room.

We didn't actually have to pay for the room though because my uncle owned the place and he gave us the place free when he knew that it was for a good cause.

Ruby, Hannah and I had gone out selling tickets to anyone we could find.

My mum had got some people together from this social club she goes to, to make some food.

A friend of a friend had lent us three bouncy castles for the afternoon party for the kids and Hannah had gone around all the businesses asking if they'd like to make any donations and if they'd like to come to our little day thing.

We were pretty much all set and we were very, very excited.

Lots of bands, mainly local, had offered to come and play- That meant more people so everything was going smoothly.

Now we were just waiting for the day to come.

Brendon's P.O.V

9pm board meeting.

I was at the end of the right side of the table, next to my boss.

I was here on time as usual, ready and waiting to start.

We were waiting for late-comers.

Lateness was a pet hate of mine but I couldn't say anything because the guy we were waiting for owned the company.

"Sorry I'm late, traffic," Was his one word explanation for his bad punctuality.

We began the meeting soon after he sat down and by half-past nine we'd pretty much finished.

"So are there anymore issues or occurrences we need to discuss," My boss, Patrick, asked.

There was silence for a brief second.

"Actually, there was one thing I'd like to put out there," The owner, Harry, began.

"What's that then?" Patrick smiled.

"Well, a few weeks back, a girl came in and asked the company whether we'd be willing to sponsor a completely random event, something to do with space-hoppers I think,"

My head shot up.

"Anyway, you didn't make any contributions because my father and I were away but last week the same girl came in and asked if we wanted to make another donation. They're holding some day and night thing- day for kids, night for adults- and I thought that, considering we didn't last time, and to make up for last time, we could make a donation, get one of our employees to visit and one of the label's bands has agreed to perform if the girls are happy with that, I was just wondering whether you agree. As you probably know, I'm going to do it anyway but I thought I'd run it past you,"

The room briefly fell into fake laughter.

"It's just a case of finding the right employee to represent the company and that's where you come in Patrick, you have to pick someone for me- You do that, I'm off to sort out some things, let me know who you pick and I'll see you all soon, work hard," Harry held up a thumb and then left the room.

The rest of us then turned to Patrick.

He shrugged at us, "Who cares if they don't go?"

No-one raised their hand.

"Who wants to go?"

Nobody except Jack, Patrick's own personal arse-support, raised their hand.

"You want to go?" Patrick raised his eyebrow at Jack.

He shrugged, "Why not?"

"Fine, you go, everyone else go back to work," Patrick waved his hand as if to make us leave.

I wandered out of the room and waited outside while Patrick and Jack talked.

It was getting kind of weird how Amber randomly kept materialising and becoming tied in my life so much recently.

Things like that don't usually happen in real life- only really when you don't want to see someone and they appear everywhere or even oppositely when you really want to see someone and they're nowhere to be seen.

It's never really a neutral thing when you see someone, you're not really bothered if you see someone or not, and suddenly they're everywhere.

I wasn't one that usually believes in the whole 'fate' kind of thing so I didn't think we were randomly meeting or a reason as part of some 'great plan'.

But I was intrigued as to why I was noticing her so much.

I wasn't really one to break routine but suddenly my routine was being interrupted by Amber.

"Brendon," Patrick spoke, bringing me out of my trance as he noticed me lingering outside the door.

"Oh, Patrick, sorry, I just spaced out," I chuckled.

"Not like you," He smiled, "So what's up?"

"I was just wondering- Do you have the details of that fund-raiser thing we were just talking about?"

What the hell was wrong with me? This wasn't normal.

Did I really care about this thing?

Or was it, maybe, just the concept of seeing this girl again who had seemingly changed a part of me just by saying hi?

"Um, yeah, I'm just going to get them for Jack. Why, do you want to go?"

"Well..."

"To be honest I'd rather you go than Jack,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, so are you up for it?"

I shrugged, "Yeah sure, thanks,"

"Not a problem, I'll send you the details- Now go back to work," He chuckled.

I nodded, "Yes, boss, thank you,"

He walked off and I headed to work wondering- Did I really just do that?

One Week Later
Amber's P.O.V


Today was the day and I really was ecstatic.

I couldn't wait for this to begin because it was going to be so much fun.

We decided last minute that we were going to have a psychic and a face-painter so that made it all the more exciting.

Hannah, Ruby and I had already decided what we were going to have painted on our face and we'd already had the debate on whose was going to be best.

Obviously it was going to be mine but they didn't believe me.

It was around 2pm when everyone started arriving, which was around the time we expected everyone to start turning up.

Soon the kids were on bouncy-castles, seemingly having the time of their lives, and the parents were enjoying themselves talking to one another.

Everyone was playing the stall games we'd set up so there really was a lot of money going into the pot.

The clown kept the kids busy at around 3pm until 4pm.

"Looks like everyone's having a good time," Hannah stated as she fell into a chair beside me.

"Yeah, I'm so glad they are. The day's going by so fast," I replied, "I can't wait for tonight with the bands and everything,"

"Oh, about that, I have a surprise for you," She smirked mischievously, sipping at her drink.

"What is it?" I raised my eyebrow with intrigue.

"Now if I told you that then it wouldn’t be a surprise would it?"

"Oh please, Hannah!" I begged, "You can't tell me you have a surprise for me and not tell me what it is! It's just evil,"

She laughed, "I know but it's also pretty hilarious watching you freak out,"

"When do I get my surprise?"

"Tonight,"

"Can't you give me a clue?"

"Nope," She smiled innocently, "Have fun,"

I glared playfully at her, "I hate you,"

"Love you too, darling," She grinned.

I shook my head and got up, heading for the bar.

I hated Hannah when she had a surprise, she never caved and it was horrible.

It was about 7pm when adults, students and older teenagers started turning up which then triggered most of the children to leave.

They seemed to want to get out of there as soon as possible when the bouncy castles were deflated and taken away anyway.

The local bands started playing their sets after a few minutes which psyched us all up.

"So when do I get my surprise?" I asked Hannah, shouting slightly so she could hear me over the music.

"Soon," She stated simply.

"Oh come on, can't I have a bit more than that?" I pleaded.

"Nope, you know my policy on surprises- get used to it,"

"I am used to it but I thought you might be nice to me because you're my best friend," I pouted.

She chuckled and hugged me sideways slightly, "Nice try love, excuse me," She said as she got up.

"Fine," I sulked.

She rolled her eyes at my childishness and carried on out of the room.

Ruby then took Hannah's seat, grinning widely at me.

I giggled, "Are you drunk?"

"Nope," She beamed.

Raising an eyebrow at her, I smiled, "Are you sure?"

"Positive," She nodded sternly.

"So what's with the cheek bone breaking smile?"

"I'm just have a good time is all," She shrugged.

I smiled slightly, "Good. So do you know anything about my surprise?"

"What surprise?" She frowned with confusion.

"I'll take that as a no then," I chuckled.

"I might do, I might know about lots of surprises and I need you to specify," She replied.

"My surprise that Hannah's giving me, why what other surprises do you know about?"

"You're so nosy and I don't know anything about Hannah's surprise for you, sorry?"

I sighed despondently, "Fine,"

Suddenly, I felt my pocket vibrate.

I pulled out my phone and saw I had a text.

From: Hannah

Come outside. X.


To: Hannah

What for? X.


From: Hannah

Would you just come outside? X.


"Hannah wants me to go outside," I spoke to Ruby.

"What for?"

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"So go outside and find out. It might be your surprise,"

"Oh yeah!" I clapped excitedly (earning strange looks from by-standers).

"I'll come with you," Ruby added, following me out into the hallway and onto the path at the front of the building.

I turned full circle and couldn't see Hannah.

"Where is she?"

"Hmm," Ruby pondered, "Oh! There she is!"

I looked at Ruby to see where she was looking and then turned to look myself.

"Oh, that surprise," Ruby spoke in realisation.

"What? What surprise?" I frowned in frustration as I saw Hannah gesture for me to come over to her.

"Just go over and see, you lunatic," Ruby pushed me forward slightly.

I stumbled, caught my balance, shot her a glare and then headed over to Hannah.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to act casual even though I was excited to see what my surprise was.

"I have your surprise," She smiled.

"Show me, show me!" I clapped, losing my casual persona.

She chuckled at me but linked me and guided me around the corner towards a black van.

"You're not going to kidnap me are you?" I joked.

"Oh yeah, ten years of friendship and now is when I choose to kidnap you,"

I laughed, "So what is it?"

"For God's sake, Amber, you're about five seconds away from finding out, stop asking me already!"

I stuck my tongue out at her childishly and folded my arms.

"Okay, guys, you can come out now," Hannah called before she came back over and stood by me.

"Guys? Hannah have you brought me strippers as a surprise 'cause you know that's quite-" I cut myself off when the van door opened and four boys with instruments stepped out, "Holy crap,"

Hannah smiled at me, "May I introduce you to your surprise- Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, this is Amber. Amber, I think you know who these guys are,"

I grabbed hold of Hannah's arm and squeezed it tight.

"Hi," I squeaked, "It's nice to meet you," I shot out my hand rapidly and each of them shook it.

"Nice to meet you too," Rian smiled.

"So where do we go?" Jack asked.

"Hang on two seconds while I get Ruby," I breathed.

I quickly phoned my sister and she was there within a matter of seconds.

"Ruby, could you show these guys where to go please?" I grinned.

"Yeah, sure, follow me," Ruby replied and led them off to the building.

I watched them until they were a safe distance away and turned to Hannah.

"How on God's earth did you manage to get All Time freaking Low to come to such a small event like this?!" I beamed.

"Well it's mainly because I'm so utterly fantastic," She bragged with a smirk.

"That you are, love,"

"But it's because one of the companies I went to when we had the space hopper race was a record company and they felt guilty about not donating any money last time so they decided to make up for it,"

"Are you kidding me? That's amazing!"

"I know," She agreed, "And that's not all,"

"What? There's more?"

"You will never guess who has been assigned to look after the band today,"

"Who?" I spoke excitedly.

"Where'd they go?" Another, very familiar, voice joined the conversation.

Hannah grinned at me and gestured for me to turn around.

I looked over my shoulder and turned to face the voice.

Brendon...

"Amber," He smiled as he saw me, "Hi,"

"Hey Brendon," I greeted.

"Do you know where All Time Low's gone?" He asked.

"Yeah, Ruby, my sister, took them to set up. Hannah will take you,"

"No Hannah won't," Hannah protested, "Hannah has stuff to do so Amber can take him,"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine,"

"I'll meet you inside," She said before she wandered off.

I turned back around to face Brendon.

"Come on then," I gestured for him to follow me and I led him towards the building.

"So how are you?" He tried to make small talk.

"I'm fine, thanks. You?"

"I'm great thanks,"

We fell into a comfortable silence but I decided to break it anyway.

"So, I didn't know you worked at a record company,"

"We haven't really had a full conversation to get to know each other yet, have we?"

I shrugged, "I guess not,"

Brendon jumped forward and pulled the door open for me, "I'd like to change that,"

I caught his eyes and smiled, "I would too,"

"Shall we use today to talk?" He asked as he followed me inside.

I didn't ponder it for long.

"Looking forward to it,"

To Do List1. Buy flowers for mum and help them understand.
2. Have a space hopper race.
3. Swim with dolphins.
4. Hold a charity night.


Four down, twenty one to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were you right, was I wrong?
Were you weak, was I strong?
Both of us broken
Caught in a moment
We lived and we loved
And we hurt and we jumped, yeah
But the planets all aligned
When you looked into my eyes
And just like that
The chemicals react

Aly and AJ- Chemicals React

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for the crap ending. The rest of the story has non-stop Brendon in it. Have a nice day =)