Alter Ego

Chapter 9

Meeting up outside, Nick smircked.

"Ya know.. Audrey likes to bowl. Maybe I should ask her if she would like to come?"

My eyes grew huge at this statement. I'm Audrey, but right now I'm Chelste. How would i get out of that one. I dropped my hand to my pocket to see if Audrey's phone was there. It was.

"Yeah bro. That would be a great idea. Audrey and Chelste would get along great."
Joe smiled and put his arm around my shoulder

Nick pulled his iPhone out of his pocket. I watched as he looked for the number.

"No. I just want it to be us you guys." I tried to make Nick change his mind.

"Oh it will be fun. No worries Chelste." Kevin smiled at me.

"Fine." I thought about how to hide the phone fixing to go off in my pocket.
"Um... I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

I raced for the Studip door. Looking behind me, Nick placed the phone to his ear. I had 10 seconds to hide in a bathroom stall. I located the restroom and headed for the door. Slipping inside, I locked myself in a stall. One second later, the phone went off.

"Hello?"

"Audrey, it's Nick."

"Oh hey Nick. What's crackin'?"

"Oh. Not much. Uh me and my brothers were going to go bowling with Chelste. We knew how much you loved bowling and we figured you and Chelste could get to know one another. So do you want us to come get you?"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I have a friend over and I don't want to ruin her time. Maybe some other time."


I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Oh ok. Yeah. Maybe some other time. Oh guess what!!"

His voice filled with excitement again.

What?"

"I took your advice and asked Chelste out on a date."

"What did she say?"


Although I knew the answer already.

"She said she would love too. We are going out tomorrow night."

"That's great."

"Thank you so much Audrey for the advice. I couldn't have done it without you. You're a great friend."

"Yeah. It was no problem Nick."

"Ok. Well I got to go. Bowling haha. Maybe we could hang out before my date with Chelste tomorrow."

"Yep. Sounds good. Well bye Nick."

"Bye."


I hung up my cell and stuffed it in my pocket. Yeah I'm just a great friend. Unlocking the stall door, I slipped out to go meet up with the boys again.