Alter Ego

Chapter 11

Nick and I, Chelste, sat across from one another for a good ten minutes not speaking a word. This was the first time he had nothing to say to me. i watched his features play on his face. His eyes danced across the table. Every now and then a smirck would come across his lips. I decided it was time to find out what was up with him.

"So. What's making you smirck like that?"

Nick's eyes darted up to mine as if he had forgotten I was there with him. He smircked at me and did a breathy gasp.

"Nothing. Just thinking about something."

"Oooh. Tell me."

Nick looked down at the table and then back at me. He pushed his drink back and forth across the table.

"It's just... I feel really bad. One of my friends and I left off bad before I came for the date. And I feel bad for not apologizing or trying to fix it. I mean, she's a great friend, she actually reminds me of you."

I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"And how's that?"

"Well... She's down to earth and kind. Sh'e even really pretty. A great friend."

"Well why don't you apologize now?"

"Uh... I wanna give her time to cool off.."

I smiled at Nick and finished my food. After the date ended, Nick walked me outside. I couldn't let him get to close to my car cause he would spot my mom. So I left before she arrived. Nick held my hand as we walked. Stopping, he turned and faced me.
Nick knocked a piece of my dark hair out of my eyes.

"You look so beautiful tonight."

I smircked. If only he would say that to Audrey.

"Thank you."

His eyes went all around my face. From my eyes, to my lips. He leaned forward and our lips brushed together in a slow, soft kiss. he pressed a little deeper into the kiss.
Nick pulled away and smiled at me.

"That was amazing."

I smircked.

"Yeah it was."

Image

1:00 that night.

I had transformed back into Audrey after the date. Sitting in my room, I waited on lights to shine in my yard. When they did, I looked out my window and spotted Nick headed towards my front door. My lips tingled from the kiss he shared with Chelste. I heard a faint rap at my door and knew it was Nick. I crossed the room and opened the door. He stood there with the 'Can I Come In?' look. I opened the door a little better and allowed him entrance.

He followed me over to my bed and sat next to me.

"How was your night?"
He asked me as I fidgeted with my hands.

"It was ok. How was your date?"

"It was great. But I felt bad for not apologizing."

I looked up into his chocolate eyes and smiled.

"You don't have to apologize. I shouldn't---."

I was cut off when Nick's lips planted themselved on mine. This shocked me, especially since he had just kissed my alter ego. I kissed back. Nick pulled away, just enough to look me in the eyes. I opened mine and noticed Nick's staring at my lips. They soon fluttered open and locked on mine. He leaned in and kissed me again, his right hand scooping my left hand up into his and interlacing our fingers. My right hand held onto the back of his neck.

After a good few minutes of lip locking, he pulled away.

"Wow. Your kisses remind me of Chelste."