Alter Ego

Chapter 13

Stepping out into the cool air, I tugged my jacket tighter around my neck. i was going to see Nick discuss things with him. I did not want to start with the Chelste thing. But I needed to know what his problem was. Stepping into the nicely trimmed yard, I made my way up the driveway. The white Hybrid SUV sat parked in it's normal parking space. Looking at the house, I could see lights on in Nick's room. Good, that must mean he's here.

I stepped onto the porch and knocked. I waited a minute until I heard feet hitting the floor right by the door. It swung open and Joe stood their eating ice cream off of a spoon.

"Here to see Nick?"

He asked, mouth full of chocolate ice cream. I nodded my head yes and he directed me to the winding staircase. Stepping in the warm house, I made my way up to his room. I could hear John Mayer playing in the direction of a door that read 'Nick's room.' I walked up to it and knocked. After not getting a response, I knocked louder. The music turned off and I could hear Nick coming towards the door. Soon, the door open and a distraught Nick stood in front of me.

"Can I help you?" He asked, not bothering to look me directly in the eye.

"You're the one being rude when I'm the one that got hurt last night?"

Nick rolled his beautiful eyes.

"I do not want to start this again." He claimed, getting ready to close the door. I pushed it back and knocked him in the nose on accident. He jumped ackwards, grabbing his nose. I watched as blood flooded out of his nose.

"Oh Nick." I raced up to him and grabbed his hands, pulling them from his face. I ran to the bathroom and got napkins. I went back out to Nick who was now sitting on his bed, holing his nose still. I cleaned him up and doctored him.

"I am so sorry Nick." I rubbed his back. He still couldn't make eye contact with me.

"It's fine."

I dropped my eyes and watched him fidget with his bloody hands. I decided to try something. This would prove to me how he felt. I reached over and tilted his chin up. His eyes locked on mine, and I kissed him. I could feel that he was shocked at first. But then his lips loosened up and he kissed back. His fingers traced the lining of my jaw while we kissed. Pulling away, I felt his lips kiss my temple. I managed to reconnect our lips. He opened up his mouth and kissed me. His tongue entered my mouth and I knew then he felt something. Our tongues clashed. Pulling away, I stared into his eyes. he interlaced our fingers and smircked at me.