Alter Ego

Chapter 5

The next morning I awoke to the birds chirping out side of my window. I could hear the muffled sound of teenagers talking. I ran to my window sill and looked out. Nick, Kevin, and Joe had towels in their hands and were loading up their Hybrid with coolers and other such things. Nick's curls were perfectly groomed on his head. I wonder where they are going?"

I decided to go find out. Forgetting Iwas still in my night clothes, I raced down the stairs and out my front door. I ran to the hedges and pocked my hea through. Nick looked over and giggled.

"Did you forget I said you could just come in the yard?"

"No. I like using the hedges."

Nick laughed and leaned on the opposite foot.

"Oh by the way... Nice bed hair."

I grabbed my hair, and looked down. I noticed I was still in my PJ's. My hair unbrashed and knotted. i smircked, trying not to run away embarrased.

"Yeah. Bed head is in now. But I guess not every one knows that. Huh?"

He smircked at me again.
He was so cute. How could he be in love with my alter Ego? I mean she was just like me. But I guess I knew that answer. She was famous and knew the ropes of the business. Me, well I'm just a silly old next door neighbor falling for him. What was I talking about? I'm talkin gabout myself here. Wait... I'm talking about Chelste. But Chelste is me so I'm talking about myself. But Chelste is suppose to be someone else...

I continued to ramble on, unaware that Nick was staring at me like an idiot. I looked up at him and smiled even more like an idiot. He laughed and grabbed his side.

"So..." I tried to change the subject. "Where are you guys going?"

Nick glanced back at his brothers still filling the Hybrid.

"Oh we're going to the beach to hang out."

I smiled. I hadn't been to the beach in a really long time. I wanted to go.

"You know... You're welcome to come if you like. We would love to have you."

I smiled(Like an idiot again I'm sure.)

"Really?"

His cheeks turned a faint red and he nodded his head yes.

"I would love too."

I ran upstairs and changed after getting it cleared with mine and Nick's family. I grabbed my bikini out of my top drawer, threw it on under my clothes. Before I ran out the door I brushed my hair and teeth, kissed my parents cheeks, and raced over to the waiting family inside the Hybrid.

Nick stood on the outside and opened the door for me as I approached. I slipped into the empty back seat of the Hybrid. He slipped in and sat next to me. Then we left for the beach.