Alter Ego

Chapter 6

As we arived at the beach I noticed that there was a slight breeze which meant perfect waves for body surfing! We got out of the car and headed onto the hot white powdery sand and found a good spot to set up our towels and radio.

We were still getting settled in when the announcer on the radio interupted " and now here is the first exclusive look at Chelste Maguire's new song 'Voice on the radio'"

My eye immediatly went to Nick and he was smiling to himself. He seemed to be really concentrating on the song and really getting into it. When the song finished playing Kevin was the first to comment on it

"She is really good! Maybe we could do a song with her." Looking at his brothers who were nodding their head in agreement.

"She is really pretty!" Nick said still off in his own little world."I mean yeah shes a great musician."

"Nice save Nick." Joe said laughing as he looked and me. I looked at him and relized that he had a devious look in his eye.

"Don't even think about it Joesph!" I said putting my hands on my hips for emphasis.

"Don't think about what?" he asked innocently as he ran and me and threw me over his shoulder and ran toward the water. Next thing I knew I was in the ocean clothes and all. I would have been mad at this if I hadn't resurface and seen Nick throwing Joe in.

I started laughing as I got out to go lay my now drenched clothes on my towel to let them dry while I swam. As I walked back to the water I could help but notice Nick's eyes on me. I felt a little self concious with him looking at me like that.

The more we swam around the more I noticed Nick looking at me.

"Nick want to go for a walk?" I ask him when we got back to the towels.

"Sure why not." He said as he got up and reached out for my hand to help me up.

As we started walking there was one question that was burning in my mind and I had to ask him or it was going to drive me insane.

"Nick can I ask you something?" I said, looking at my bare feet as waves splashed on them.

"I think you just did, but yes you can" he replied chuckling.

"Why have you been looking at me funny all day?" As I said this I could feel my cheeks heat up some.

"Oh.. um.. you noticed that." I could tell he was embarassed about being caught staring " I was just thinking about how much you remind me of Chelste. You are just really easy to talk to and really down to earth" he started to get quite and I almost didn't catch the last part ".. and pretty."

"I don't know if I should take those as a compliment for you being so sweet or as an insult for being compaired to Chelste!" I said laughing

He laughed it off to before saying the one thing that flet like a blow to the stomache " Do you think she would go on a date with me?" He looked at me with a hopeful glint in his eyes

" She would be crazy to turn you down!" although I knew it would be me going on the date with him I didn't want him to like Chelste, I wanted him to like the real me. Just plain old Audrey. but I knew that it never worked out that way. "We should head back"

When we got back to the blankets I saw that Kevin had brought out an acoustic guitar and was soflty stumming away."Will you guy play me something?" I asked hopefully.

"Why not." Joe said excitedly.

Hello beautiful
How's it going?
I hear it's wonderful in California
I've been missing you
It's true...

But tonight
I'm gonna fly
Yeah tonight
I'm gonna fly


While they were singing I couldn't take my eyes of Nick. He must have felt my eyes on him cause he soon looked up and locked eyes with me.

'Cause I could comb across the world,
And see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes

Hello beautiful
It's been a long time
Since my phone's rung
And you been on that line
I've been missing you
It's true


I couldn't pull me eyes away from Nick's for a second it was like he had me in some kind of trance and wouldn't let me out until he wanted to.

But tonight
I'm gonna fly
Yeah tonight
I'm gonna fly
Oh yeah

'Cause I could comb across the world,
see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn't see those eyes


As they finished singing I started to think about how right me and Nick would be together. And I was starting to think about risking my double life to get him to see that. But would he still like Chelste if he knew she really didn't exist?