‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Grand Theft Autumn

So I'd been stuck in that house for two days and I hadn't been enjoying myself at all. I was no guest--more like a slave. Edwin made me do everything for him, from cleaning the entire house to keeping him company. The only alone time I got was when Nathan and him went off to go kill innocent people.

What made it worse was the deal Eds had made me. Just yesterday--right before we went to bed (Yes, we. Ugh!)--he told me that all I had to do to not have to work anymore was to sleep with him. That was it, huh? I knew he didn't just mean once. Hell, if that was all, I would've done it! I guess I'm just a skank like that. But I knew that he'd want it more than once. Not to brag, but I had had Gage begging on his knees for more! How crude. But I wondered why Ed didn't just take it. I mean, he had called me his "pet" and I knew what that was--a fancy word for sex toy.

And I refused to be anything of the sort.

The only way I could vent was through my diary or even Nathan. He actually wasn't so bad after you got to know the man. He had good reason to be stuck up at times.

We'd been discussing family at the times. I was even honest 100% with him. But his parents had died when he was ten and he spent the next ten years on his own. He was lonely a lot and cried about his parents' deaths every night. A vampire had killed them, and turns out the same guy who killed them found Nate when he was twenty. He said there was something about him--he didn't belong with humans, he could tell. He bit him then an there and raised his as if he were his own. Nathan had always hated that man for killing his parents and even changing him. He held that grudge even hundreds of years later.

I really came to respect the guy and I talked to him a lot. I actually thought of him as a friend. I didn't have many of them anymore since....Quinn died. I'd like to say it was an accident, but I knew it was suicide. It was back when Gage and I were together. I had coped enough since then and I didn't cry anymore when I heard her name.

I collapsed on our--by that I mean mine and Edwin's--bed after a day of nonstop chores. Nathan and Eds had gone out an hour ago, not saying where. They had to be home soon since Edwin never let me go to bed without him and I was beat.

As soon as I heard the door downstairs open, a slur of words followed.

"Where's my lady!" Edwin yelled out. It was hard to understand him, to be honest.

"Waiting to get laid," I uttered sarcastically. Edwin opened the door carefully and crawled next to me. "I was kidding!"

"Why? I'm in the mood for some role playing? How about I'm the priest and you can be the school girl?" He was definitely drunk. I sighed.

"No--I want sleep. Go to bed, Edwin." I grabbed him and held him in a hug so he couldn't try anything.

"Oh, you're in a snuggling mood?" Edwin pulled me as close as two bodies would allow and he passed out right there. It was kinda funny!

But it was definitely bad that I liked him holding me like that...