‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

She's Gonna Break Soon

"I love you, Jade. Did I tell you that?"

I laughed a little, drawing circle on Gage's bare chest with my index finger.

"Yeah, you did, but did I tell you you're amazing?" Gage grabbed my hand and held it to his heart.

"You don't need to--I know it. But, Jade, there's something I really need to tell you."

'What's wrong?"

Gage opened his mouth to speak, but I heard a different voice.

"God damn it, Jade!"

I froze, clinging to Gage. I was going to die. I was really going to die.

"Edwin, go away," Gage growled, glaring at Edwin who was standing in the doorway.

"Not without my little whore named Jade. She really likes to sleep around," he remarked.

"I don't see a whore, but I do see a total bastard. Leave my house!" I thought it was my house, not his, but eh.

"I don't have time for this!"

I felt myself being pulled effortlessly from Gage. Next thing I knew, I was pressed to Edwin as he held me unbearably close and way too tight. To make things worse than they already were, I felt so...exposed!

"Give her back!" Gage practically fell out of the bed as he tried to get out of the sheets.

"You're coming home," he told me. "And for God's sake!" Edwin took off his shirt and put it on me. It was way too big, but I guess that was probably a good thing.

"Edwin, don't make me go back! Please!" I begged.

"I love you. Why do you do this to me?"

"I love Gage more than I love you," I lied, glaring at him.

"Would you love him so much if you knew what he did?"

"Don't you dare!" Gage yelled, untangling himself and standing up.

"What did he do?" I asked, completely ignoring Gage.

"So when was the first time Gage screwed you?" Edwin continued, as if I hadn't even spoken. "Wasn't it at a party of one of his friends?"

"What of it?" I didn't want to know how he knew that.

"Do you think he was expecting to get laid? He was, you know. And you sure were drunk, huh?"

"So what?"

"Edwin!"

"Shut up, Gage. Jade, the douche mad sure that you got pregnant that night!"

"Gage!" I screamed.

"What? I love you!"

"Edwin, take me home," I snarled. He merely smiled that creepy smile.

"With pleasure."