‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

"Please tell me it didn't work," I begged Edwin.

"Sorry, but it did." Edwin stroked my hair as I sat on his lap.

"But...I can't have a kid! I can't! I just can't!"

"Jade, I don't like it either--my kids are supposed to be in you, not his."

"What am I supposed to do?" I cried, biting my lip.

"Abortion."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that."

"It wasn't a choice. You're not having that kid. Hell, I'll kill it myself if I have to--I don't care."

"Edwin!" I jumped to my feet and glared at him. "You will not!"

"I will. I'm not letting you have that thing. If you do, I'll strangle it. And I'll let Gage have a front row seat to his baby's death!"

"How can you say that? You're a monster! If it was yours, then you'd protect it with your life!"

"But it's not, now is it? I know that because you've only screwed Gage. And I can guarantee I give a better fuck than him!"

"You're a pig, Edwin!" I screamed, turning my back to him.

"Scream my name again. It's hot." I felt Edwin's cold chest press to my back.

"Stop!" I demanded, stepping away from him. He just pulled me back.

"If you're gonna be such a little bitch, give me back my shirt." He smirked as I glowered at him.

"Want me to do a little dance, too?" I mocked.

"Sure. But how about you do the dance in my pants?"

"Hell no!" I squirmed enough that he got annoyed. The wall collided with my back and Edwin pinned my arms over my head.

"You're still not having that baby."

"What are you going to do to stop me?"

"I'm going to stop your heart."

"You're going to kill me?"

"Not exactly. Jade, you're going to die for me," he told me with a grin, lips going to my neck.

"Edwin! I don't want to be like you! I don't want to! Stop it!"