‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

All Black

"Edwin," I bid him through trembling lips.

"What are you up to?" he breathed onto my neck.

"I'm gonna go make some friends at the mall." It sounded like a good plan.

"Can I come?"

"Eddy..." I decided to try something different for once. I pulled myself to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think if we spend time apart, then I'll see that I miss you." I crushed my lips to his and his hands fluttered to my waist.

"I love you," he whispered quickly, breathing unevenly.

"I know you do, Eddie," I purred, pressing my hips against his. "So I'll see you when I get home, okay?"

"O-okay," he stammered, still not letting go. I dropped my hands to his--as usual--bare chest.

"I'll see you later, babe." I kissed his chest and slipped out of his arms. I blew him a kiss good-bye before walking out the door. Hell yeah, I was proud of myself! Instead of him freezing me, I had finally been the one to seduce him!

I borrowed one of the many cars in the driveway--I picked the red Porsche--and drove to the nearest mall. It was probably around fifteen miles away, give or take. I had plenty of money to since I had stolen Ed's wallet while I had been tormenting the poor boy, but he was loaded!

The mall isn't all that fun when all eyes are on you. Well, not all of them exactly. The ones who weren't looking were vampires and they were probably used to seeing beautiful people like themselves. They did welcome me, though.

"Hey, there," one chick greeted me, smiling brilliantly. She had a tall, pale guy beside her--probably her mate. "Why are you here alone, newbie?"

"I needed to get away from the house," I told her, shrugging.

"In otherwise, you needed to get away from the man who changed you."

"Yeah...How did you know?"

"I've been there, girl. But I accepted the fact that I had feelings for him, and here we are now." She smiled up at her companion. He didn't even look at me; just kept staring into her eyes as if that was all he needed in life. Maybe it was.

"And you're happy?"

"Very. I didn't know happiness until Marc found me. I hope you're as lucky as I am."

She left just like that and Marc smiled as he followed her quietly. They walked so close that they almost touched, but far enough apart that they didn't. I wanted that.

I was getting depressed, so I left and got back in the car. I drove to Starbucks, just wanting to go somewhere I didn't have to think. Thinking was no good for me, obviously. I pulled into the lot and walked slowly through the alley.

I was now the one you didn't want to see in an alley at night. And that would definitely take some getting used to.