‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

I Don't Wanna be in Love

"So are you and Nathan exclusive now or what?" I asked Quinn. That had to have been the fifth time they'd slept together in the last three days!

"I think so. Sorry, Jade, but I will not chase after you anymore! I've moved on."

"Oh, damn! What have I done? Oh well, you and Nate are cute together anyway. I'm happy for you."

"What about you and Edwin? You two seem to like each other, right?"

"It's complicated," I sighed. "See, he changed me. I didn't want him to do it, but he did. I have some lusting issues when it comes to him, and he enjoys exploiting it. He's trying to get me to screw him, but I'm trying to keep myself from doing that."

"You're not winning, huh? I saw that--a few days ago--you were close to banging the guy in the hall!"

"You get the porn channel on that past radar in your head?" I laughed at my joke. "Well, I'm not doing so good either way. It's just a matter of time, really. At this point--I think--he knows he's going to win."

"Hmm, I can't help you there. You're future is really iffy; it's constantly changing. One minute you're marrying him, the next you leave him. One minute you get raped by him, the next you're making love to him! You're confusing."

"Yeah," I sighed, looking to the doorway. "I think Nate wants you." I jerked my head to the door and she smirked.

"Yeah. I'll see you later. Oh and good luck--you'll need it."

"Wait, why?" I yelled after her, but she was gone.

"They really like to hit it off, huh?"

All of a sudden Edwin was sitting beside me, his hand resting on my inner thigh.

"They do. Well, at least she's over me!" I joked and Edwin smirked.

"But lesbian sex is pretty hot." His hand started rubbing in a dangerous spot and I gulped.

Oh, I saw where I needed that luck.

"You're nasty!" I clenched my fists to keep myself in check as his hand--his horrible hand!--slipped under my skirt.

"Yeah: I'm terrible," he agreed, abandoning his earlier plan as he moved my legs to put them on his. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"You're more than terrible." I let myself put on arm around his waist as I clung to him. He smirked and kissed my cheek.

"I also love you. Jade, I really do, I promise." He took in a deep breath. "And it wouldn't be a one night stand, I swear."

"I know, Edwin." I kissed his lips quickly. "Unfortunately, I still have some control." I stood up and left him to watch me as I strode away.

"Yeah, for now. But for how much longer?" he whispered after me.

And that made me nervous. How much longer would I last?