‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Dearly Beloved

"Edwin, why are we doing this again?" I asked Edwin as he kissed me a million and twenty-one times.

"I'm trying to get my scent on you as much as possible so my dad at least thinks we screw around a lot even if we haven't gone all the way," he told me, shoving his tongue halfway down my throat, his hands trailing all over my body.

"So it's like cologne, huh?" I asked, rubbing his bare chest furiously.

"Yeah. But be careful--you're turning me on," he admitted, pulling his shirt back on.

"Sorry," I smiled sheepishly, fixing my shirt. Edwin laughed, buttoning my jeans back up for me. He opened his mouth to speak, but his ears twitched right before he pounced on me, messing up my clothes once again. He was making out with me while he took off my shirt. I lost it as I wrapped my legs around his waist. I had gotten his shirt off and his pants halfway down before I heard the car door open and some laughter as I pulled Edwin closer to cover my exposed self.

"Oh, hey, dad," Edwin muttered, sighing. "You picked the perfect time to barge in, huh?" I could tell he was struggling to even out his breaths, just as I was.

"I'm terribly sorry, Edwin. You have her panting like a dog, eh?" he commented. I blushed bright red, trying to stop. "Ed, we have beds if you would like them. I'm sure your mother would love to see you first, though, if you could."

"Be there in a minute," Edwin promised, slamming the door. He looked back to me, eyes fogged up. "Jade, we need to go. Now. We need to get out of here before I rape you or something."

"Right."

We kissed quickly before he fixed our clothes and carried me out of the car and into the house. He kept our lips locked as he walked through a room full of people--all eyes on us. He didn't falter once in his steps. When we got in an empty room, he locked the door and set me down.

"You okay?" I asked. His eyes were all clouded up and his breaths were raspy.

"Yeah. I just need to calm down--you're too good at being sexy," he admitted, looking all around the room.

"So? You seduce me all the time!" I pouted, sitting on the bed in the center of the room. It was neon green, I swear! You don't see that too often.

Edwin was about to say something when the door busted open.

"You two haven't even tried!" his dad yelled, glaring at me as if I were the most disgusting thing on Earth.

"We haven't had a chance to," Edwin lied, looking at me softly.

"Bullshit! It's her fault, isn't it? She won't let you!"

"Don't yell at her, Clarence!" Ed demanded, grabbing my hand in his tightly. "We'll get to it when we get to it!"

"I hope you burn in hell, you bitch," Clarence growled, glaring as I shivered. He slammed the door behind him when he left soon after--but not soon enough.

"Jade, I'm so sorry," Edwin whispered softly. "He's a douche. I'm nothing like him, baby, I promise. I love you. He's not ruining anything."

He was saying all of these nice things, but I couldn't believe it mattered so much that we hadn't mated or anything...