‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Don't Cha

"How about this one?" Edwin asked, holding up a skanky-looking dress. "100% leather!"

"I'm not a hooker! Do you have anything decent?" I hopped off the bed and followed him into the closet and grabbed a dress at random. "Like this: nice and neat."

"It'll look better laying on the floor with the rest of your clothes," he muttered, following me out.

"I, on the other hand, happen to like it. It's like a baby doll thing. I gotta get dressed, Eddy."

"I'll help," he offered. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door.

"Yeah--no."

I didn't take too long to get ready really, so Edwin dragged me out of the room soon enough.

"I guess it does look better on you than on a hanger," he told me, his hands lingering on my form.

"It looked better on the hanger," I muttered.

"I think it's sexy," he purred, laughing at my discomfort.

"How long will this thing last?" I asked in my famous whining voice.

"I'm not sure, to be honest. But are you any good at dancing?"

"Well, not ballroom dancing, but I am a good dirty dancer," I admitted, smiling absurdly. "It's the style now."

"Oh. Well, I'm not sure what kind of music the girl likes, so eh. She creeps me out." Edwin sighed, shaking his head. "So forgive me if I get a little too touchie-feelie on you because the chick needs to learn that I don't like her!"

"Calm down, love. Look, can we just go? I want to get this over with." I smiled innocently and he smirked, securing me next to him with an arm around my waist.

"Your wish is my command, my love," he told me, walking down a million hallways that I knew I wouldn't remember.

As soon as we walked in, Quinn and Nathan walked up to us.

"Ed, careful: the chick's already here," Nathan warned.

"Good God, my day keeps on getting better," Edwin retorted. "Let's just get this over with, alright? Maybe she won't even notice me."

"By the way," Quinn sighed, "Nathalie is on her way over, Edwin."

"Who's Nathalie?" I asked, hugging Edwin tightly. No chick was going to have Edwin even if I didn't want him! Okay, so I did want him, but whatever. He didn't need to know that.

"I heard that, doll," Edwin whispered and I sighed. "Well, she's obsessed."

"Hi, Eddie!" an annoying, shrill voice yelled out as some chick bounded up to him.

If her dress was any more skanky, she would've been naked! I already hated the girl the moment her eyes scanned up and down Edwin--my Edwin.

"Go away," he begged, pulling me even closer. I gladly held myself there, trying to make the whore leave.

"Why? It's my birthday! Know what I want?" she asked, smiling. "To dance with you!"

"Hell no," I told her, glaring.

"Oh, this is my mate--Jade. Jade, this is Nathalie."

"Charmed, I'm sure," I smiled, laughing at her on the inside.

"Whatever. Eddy, dance with me!"

"I'm busy and--"

"I'll be right back!" she promised, blowing him a kiss before bounding off.

"The chick needs to go die," I told Edwin, kissing him quickly.

"Naturally."