‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

When I Come Around

As soon as the witch left, we moved--to a corner. Edwin said that if we were in a dark place, she'd get the hint that she should stay away. You know what people do in corners, right? Like make out and junk, I mean.

So we did just that. I was actually hoping she would see us, too! So I threw in a few gropes for her benefit, of course. I guess that was a bad idea since Edwin stopped me, saying "I'd be careful, Jade". I'll admit, I was probably going a bit overboard, but oh well. I was totally pissed!

"I love you," he whispered in my ear, kissing my neck.

"I know, Edwin," I whispered back, my breathing shallow and rapid.

"We should so have sex on her bed to piss her off," Edwin told me, pushing me to a wall and pinning me there, pressing on me. I shook my head, but I wasn't sure of it. "Why not?" He was intentionally breathing on my neck. The only thing that broke my trance was the music.

"Because I freaking love this song!" I tore myself from him and ran over to Nathan and Quinn who were making out in a different corner. "Dance with me, Equinox!"

"Okay!"

It was a rap song, so we had to dirty dance, though we had done that so many times before--in high school. I was a real skank back then: I went around dirty dancing with any good looking guy I could find.

"Come on, Nathan!" Quinn yelled, grabbing him. "You gotta dance!"

He just stood there as we laughed, "violating" the poor boy. He was laughing so hard, I thought he was going to pass out from needing air! But some people didn't find it so funny.

"Jade, stop." Edwin walked up and tapped his foot impatiently.

"You want a lap dance or what?" I giggled. He had a permanent scowl on his face.

"I said, stop! God dammit, Jade!" He yanked me from my little dance circle and dragged me out of the room. Nathalie hadn't even said a word to Edwin as he pulled me away.

"Ow! Edwin, stop it!" I whined. He was killing my poor hand.

"Why don't you fucking listen?" he demanded, pulling me back to our room.

"What's the big deal? I don't see what your problem is!" I yelled as soon as he slammed the door behind him and grabbed my wrist again, slamming me against the wall.

"What is your deal? You were arousing my best friend!"

"Pardon?"

"You gave him a boner!" He looked mad--I knew he was--but I started laughing anyway. How could he be so pissed about that? It was hilarious!

"Oh God, that's funny!" I couldn't stop laughing even as he glared.

"Shut it!" So I could stop.

"What is wrong? How is this so bad?"

"I told you to stop, Jade. I told you to stop two times. You didn't even listen to me!"

"Pull that cat out of your ass and loosen up," I muttered. That didn't help his temper.

"Jade, quit with the bullshit! We're going back and you're not dancing, got it!"

"Calm down! You act like I raped the guy!" Edwin didn't say anything; just dragged me back to the ballroom. But he did stop to talk with someone: Nathalie.

I was ready to murder him!