‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

All Around Me

When you have all the time in the world, nothing ever seems to move fast enough. Time seems to freeze in place actually. So after two hours of nonstop Edwin thoughts, it felt as though I'd been sitting there for years.

I had divided up the good and the bad; the glad with the sad. Everything weighed out evenly, so it hadn't helped at all. He'd been so good to me, but he'd also ruined my life beyond repair plenty of times. Therefore no amount of good deeds would make up for the shit he put me through, but no amount of bad times would make me forget of the better ones.

I'd held onto all the little things and refused to let go of them. I could never part with him at all, so should I stay with him? Forever didn't seem like a long enough time to love him. I knew I loved him, but telling him was another story.

I could make us both happy or miserable. I held our fates in my hands. What was the worst that could happen with my giving in to him? I knew I wanted to love him.

So, after hours of thought, I decided finally that I loved him. I practically sprinted out the door and down the stairs to see him moping on the couch. He looked like he knew that I would say, "I don't love you." But I wasn't going to. I made my way over to him and stared down at him quietly.

"Eddy..." I started, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Yes?" he asked, looking up at me carefully.

I stood statue still for what seemed like forever. I didn't want to move or ruin anything. He stared back just as silently before he slowly--way too slowly--stood up in front of me. I swallowed hard, terrified. And I didn't know why I was so scared. He seemed to question his every movement as he carefully put his hands on my waist. He looked the most nervous I had ever seen him. I let myself be pulled to him and I slipped my arms up and around his neck.

"I love you so much, Jade," he whispered roughly, holding me tightly to him as if he were afraid to let go.

"I love you, too."

Eddy seemed hopelessly lost at first, but then he caught what I had said. All of a sudden he stopped moving in slow motion. I barely had time to react before his lips crashed to mine almost urgently. I melted in his arms and he sat down on the couch behind him carefully, pulling me onto his lap, not once separating our lips.

"Wait," I gasped, pulling myself from him.

"What?" he asked, worried.

"Quinn and Nathan: what if they come in?"

"They went out. But we can take this to my room."

As if I had a choice. As soon as the words left his perfect lips he was running me up the stairs.

"Are we really going to do this?" I asked, watching as Edwin nearly fell flat on his face as he yanked off his jeans. I'd never seen him so klutzy.

"Only if you won't stop me," he answered silkily, making up for his ungracefulness earlier. He kissed me sweetly.

"Ah. So we are."

He smirked and rolled his eyes at me.

"No need to be all sarcastic now," he begged, sitting down beside me. "I love you and I swear I never stopped: not even when you dumped me. All I could think was to enjoy the moment while we were still talking, even if it was the worst thing I have ever heard. But you won't be disappointed: I'm way better than Gage could ever be." He stopped being somber as he yelled, "Now, strip, woman!"

"That's something every girl wants to hear," I muttered, absentmindedly taking off my skirt and shirt. I'd picked the wrong day to layer.

"Must you always make this difficult?" he grumbled. "Don't worry, I'll take care of that tank top for you." He pounced on me, tickling me as I laughed like I had lost it. "I love you," he reminded me, kissing my neck.

"God, Edwin: just take me now!" I screamed, not able to stay serious."

"With pleasure," he purred creepily.

Everyone needs an Edwin in her life...or her bed. Yes, I did just make a sex joke, and yes, I did just go there! How crude.