‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Keep your Hands off my Girl

"God, you know I hate this place, Jade," Edwin complained for the twentieth time since we'd walked into the building.

"Do I? You've only told me a hundred and thirteen times, but who's counting?"

"Aren't you cute?" he grumbled, seizing my hand in his.

"Yeah," I sighed absentmindedly. "Now tell me how pretty I am." Edwin elbowed me in the side.

"Don't push it: you already dragged me here. I can't say there are good memories."

"I came back to you didn't I? Besides, he doesn't even know I exist now, remember?" I pouted sourly, pulling him to my favorite table.

"Starbucks can suck my--"

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I interrupted him, not caring to hear of his vulgar insults.

I didn't wait for him to say anything as I made my way for the counter.

So it'd been a month or so since I had found out what I'd been missing out on and wherever I went, Edwin was sure to be there. I really was in love with the boy, I knew. And I would not be leaving him ever again. No, that had been the worst mistake I had ever made in my life.

I got my drink quickly and sat back down beside Edwin. He was rambling on about all the fags sitting around with their crossdressing girlfriends. I didn't care much: I just smiled and leaned on him suddenly. He stopped talking and laughed musically, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm never going to get used to this," he warned me, a grin plastered to his face.

"No? Me either. But we have plenty of time to get used to it," I promised.

He smiled and looked like he was about to say something, but then his face fell. He looked downright ready to kill. I followed his gaze to who he was looking at.

I'll be honest, I was sure it would be Gage, but it wasn't. No, I didn't recognize the guy at all, but for some reason Edwin seemed to want to rip the man's throat out. In response to the threatening glare, the guy smirked and waved.

"Back off," Edwin hissed under his breath.

"Who is that?" I whispered, staring at him.

"Mr. Douche," he told me, daring the guy to walk over.

He actually took the challenge.

"Hi, Edwin. Tell me, who is this lovely lady?" he asked, smiling innocently.

"Jade. And she's mine, understand? Mine."

"Edwin, what is wrong with you?" I muttered. "Who are you?" I asked him, ignoring Edwin as he cast death glares to the both of us.

"Jayden. Charmed, I'm sure. What a coincidence, hmm?"

"Cute," I smiled.

Who knew trouble came in such a pretty package?