‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Wrecked Him

"So what are you two doing in this place? After that last scene I was sure Eddie here wouldn't be back," Jayden chuckled, slapping his back. I giggled, but Edwin just kept his eyes in a deadlock with Jayden's.

"I just wanted to get out, you know?" I sighed, realizing that I didn't get out much really.

"I enjoy getting out," he purred, staring intently. I smiled. "But that's a different matter. Edwin, you don't seem to enjoy my company."

"My, my, observant, aren't we?" Edwin muttered. "I don't like you. No, I downright hate you, Jayden. So perhaps you should go before your leaving by a less appropriate means."

"Are you threatening to kick me out on my ass?"

Edwin grinned, pretending to picture it. I slapped his arm, rolling my eyes. He sent me a warning glance before holding me even tighter. I sighed mentally: men could be so stupid. Jayden didn't seem to care much actually; he just pulled up a chair and sat in it the wrong way.

"So how do you two know each other?" I asked. Edwin tensed, his tongue getting sharper each second as he got ready for a witty reply no doubt.

"Colleagues, you could say. His father and my mother were fairly close...until that hussy started demanding all of his time." Jayden seemed thrilled as Edwin's eyes narrowed.

"Colleagues? I downright hate this man! He thinks every woman in the world wants to sleep with him: and damn near most of them all have! His mother is a trashy whore and tried to have an affair with my father and make my mother miserable!"

"There's a difference?" Jayden asked nonchalantly, laughing at his joke. "But can you hardly blame women for wanting me? And yet, I still haven't found that one that makes me feel whole. I'm just a wondering soul, trying desperately to find my other half."

"Oh, please," Edwin scoffed.

"I know how that feels," I agreed. Edwin growled and I kissed his cheek. "I'm sure she's somewhere."

"Yes, well, dear Edwin I have a favor por favor," he said suddenly, changing the subject. "My brother is having a tiff with the family and I don't wish to stay there with all the yelling and whatnot, so may I stay with you?"

"Absolutely not!" Edwin yelled, rising swiftly to his feet and glowering down at Jayden. "The last time I opened up my house to a no good stray it didn't end well! But you would know, wouldn't you?"

"I've no idea what you mean," he smiled, pronouncing every word carefully and slowly.

"Edwin, I'm sure he can crash on the couch," I mumbled. "Don't be such a big baby."

"Jade! It is my house and--"

"Oh," I sighed sadly.

"What?" he asked me, suspicious.

"So you don't want us to be together forever. If it's your house then maybe I shouldn't be in it. Maybe--"

"Shut the hell up!" he cursed, running a hand through his hair. "What the hell ever! I can't even decide who enters my own home? Listen, boy, if I so much as see you do anything funny, I'll tear out your entrails and feed them to my roommate! He enjoys the man whores," Edwin whispered sadistically, dragging me out the door.

"Nathan eats intestines?" I question, tripping as I tried to keep up.

"Only the large ones."