‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Fall for You

When we got home, Edwin wouldn't stop moping around, complaining about how I was a "heartless harpy" and a "jerk". I never fully denied his accusations, but I can truthfully say that...well, I'm not a harpy!

"Edwin, for the love of God, will you shut your mouth?" I begged after sighing various times throughout his rant.

"No! I can't believe you made me let that man whore into my house!" he screamed, not even trying to keep his emotions in check.

"He's not even here yet! Why do you hate him so much? From what I hear, you've banged plenty of girls!" I honestly didn't get what the deal was.

"He was looking at you," Edwin told me, voice low and calm all of a sudden. "He was talking to me, but all of his focus was on you. You didn't notice because you were too busy being ADD Jade, but I did."

"So? Girls look at you all the time."

"And you get jealous," he pointed out. It was true. "But that's not all. He was taunting me, Jade! He was toying with me the whole time! He let me see what was going on in his head to spite me!"

"Whoa, slow down," I sighed. "What was going on in his head?" I asked, not at all interested.

"He was fucking you! What else would Jayden be doing?! He was kissing you in all of these places and he made you moan his name for chrissake!"

I busted out laughing at what he was saying, but Edwin just scowled. I wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to be somber again.

"What is the big deal? I bet you have that running through your head every second of every day!" And that scared me a bit, to be honest!

"Jade, you don't get it." He finally sat down for the first time since we'd gotten home. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me as close as he could. I let him. "He could steal you from me, I know it."

"No," I murmured softly into his chest. "I love you."

He pulled himself from me suddenly and left me in a daze as he stood in front of me, taking both my hands in his as he helped me up.

"Are you so sure?" he asked, his eyes glistening with fear.

"As positive as a pregnancy test," I told him, smiling.

"Don't let him take you from me," he begged, voice cracking.

"God himself couldn't make me ever forsake you."

He was about to say something when there was a rap on the door. Edwin hesitantly let go of me and went to answer it. I sat on the couch, waiting for Jayden and my Eddie to walk into the room.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach.