‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

A Little Piece of Heaven

"What do you think of this one?" Quinn asked, twirling around and waiting for her dress to settle.

"It's great," I smiled absentmindedly. I couldn't focus at all for my thoughts were entirely on Edwin--my fiance.

The thought of finally being with him forever gave me butterflies and I always found myself smiling. Now that it was finally going to happen, I was ecstatic! I loved him so much, so I knew I was doing the right thing. Besides, I couldn't live without the guy.

"You don't even care!" she pouted, sticking out her bottom lip to add to her drama.

I shook my head, collecting my thoughts.

"Sorry. I do care. It's gorgeous."

I saw a smile flash across her lips as she looked in the mirror. "I think I'll wear it to the wedding." She stared at her reflection for a second more, silent. She opened her mouth to speak again, but I didn't hear her voice.

"What the Hell!"

I jerked my head around and saw Jayden standing beside me, fuming. I stared at him like he was wearing a fish bowl on his head.

Honey, they're for fish, not for accessorizing!

"What are you screaming about?"

"Are you playing me, girl?" he accused. "You're getting married? We never got to have any fun and you're going to throw away the opportunity to join me in bed? That's stupid!" He pulled me over to him, making me stumble into his arms. "Don't be stupid, Jade."

"Let go of me," I hissed. Quinn turned around and glared at Jayden.

"Let her go, Jayden!" she demanded, striding up with elegant footsteps. She had such grace even when she was entirely pissed off! "Her and Edwin are forever. I don't see you in her future. Oh wait! I see someone...Oh, that's just a baby boy with Ed's eyes!"

"Back off!" he hissed, seizing my wrist tightly. I winced.

"Jayden, stop," I whispered.

Quinn's eyes flashed with apprehension and her foot was off the ground in a second flat. But she was too late. Jayden and I vanished for the store and we were suddenly in a dark, unwelcoming room. I had never been there in my entire life.

"Where...?"

My voice trailed off as I glanced around. Jayden pushed me to the nearest wall and I let out a cry as my back smacked against it.

"I can't let you marry him, Jade. I can't. I didn't get to rock your world yet," he whispered onto my neck, trailing kisses up to my mouth.

"I don't even like you!" I yelled, slapping him across the face. He growled and I watched as his face turned red from my hand. I almost smiled, but then he said something that made me nauseous.

"Fine. If I can't have you, then he can't either!"

"What! You'd kill me?!"

"Don't worry," he snickered. "I'll fuck you first."

Oh how fucking lovely!