‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Ocean Avenue

"I love you so much, you know that right?" Edwin asked, kissing my forehead.

"How could I forget?" I asked softly, smiling up at him.

"We're finally getting married. It took longer than I had hoped, but at least it came."

I frowned, mad at myself.

"I'm sorry. I was just being stupid. Never leave me, okay? Never. And don't let me leave you."'

He smiled, taking my hand into his as we lay in bed together, looking into each others eyes. I had never felt more in love with him than I did at that second.

"Nothing would ever make me leave you. And I won't ever let you leave ever again. I promise."

I kissed him quickly before leaving the safety of his arms to get dressed. I heard him sigh and I turned to him, glaring playfully.

"Would you rather Jayden see me naked?"

"Hell no, that's all mine!" he yelled, jumping up and grabbing his clothes. We were dressed within a second and he kissed my cheek. "I'm going to tell him of the new house rules, love. How about you go find something to do?"

"Won't you be back soon?"

"No, I'm going to go tell my parents that you came through." He smiled. "But stay with Quinn. I don't want Jayden to get even a single second with you."

"Right." I kissed him passionately. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Jade. I always will," he promised with a smile.

"Okay. Have fun."

"Oh, I'll try." And he left like that, already down the stairs by the time I had blinked. I decided to get Quinn, so I ran across the hallway, knocking on Nathan's door a million times.

"Equinox! I'm bored and I'm not allowed to be alone!" I called. "Come keep me company!" I whined. The door opened and an annoyed Nathan was there. Quinn pushed him back and smiled at me.

"So what are we going to do?" she asked.

"I don't know. Surprise me."