‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Stupid MF

"For the love of god! Edwin, stop!" I yelled, pulling myself out of my trance. How many times, I wonder, had I selfishly put others in danger? I didn't want to think about it: I knew it was considerably more than once.

I lurched forward, barely aware of my feet beneath me as they pounded on the ground. I ran the fastest I had ever in my entire life at that moment. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against exercise. However, it did have something against me. It never worked out for me before, so I was amazed when I didn't fall flat on my face or something, like I usually did.

Fast as a speeding bullet, I practically ambushed Edwin before he could brutally murder the guy I had gotten so used to being around. Was there a reason nothing ever worked out for me?

Know what? Conspiracies against me need to go suck a radish or two!

I tumbled to the ground with Edwin as I slightly misjudged my speed. And by slightly, I mean by one whole damn lot. There's my vocabulary for you. I suppose English was never my strong suit.

Who was I kidding? I had nearly failed high school with flying colors!

I could guarantee that i had always been the dumbest human on the face of the Earth. Which was a bit funny since my parents had both been some kinds of geniuses.

Anyways, as I slammed into the pavement with my back, that was probably the least of my problems. For instance, I had a completely pissed off vampire slowly bringing himself to his feet beside me, recovering from my poorly thought out attack. A moronic attack at that. His eyes were glazed over and it stuck up a feeling I hadn't felt in so long. The distinct feeling that had been nothing new to me but two years ago. It was the fear that came with knowing your life was in danger as a ravaging bloodthirsty vampire was probably ready to slit your throat at that exact moment. Hell, maybe even sooner!

The feeling was considerably less than pleasant and I could back that up with page upon page of proof, but that would be a waste of your--and more importantly my--time.

"Jade." It was a stern, sharp sound. And though I hadn't heard it in well over two years it was so familiar. Instantly, I felt the growing urge to dart out of that alley like a rabbit being chased by one god damn fox for crying out loud!

"Yes?" I choked, staying where I was despite my brain warning me otherwise. My entire body was frozen on the paved ground. Maybe my spin was broken or something. Maybe my luck--my everlasting luck--had run out.

"A year later and you are still the most god-forsaken moron I have aver seen. Honestly now, how stupid can one little human be?"

"Stupidity's my excuse. The mental people get privileges in life that the normies don't." For once in my life, I actually listened to every word I was saying. And then--at that moment--I realized just how retarded I truly was! It was a terrible thing to find out, let me tell you!

"What is wrong with you?"

"Let Gage go. Please." Yes, I was begging him just as I had been begging him for so long. That one wicked smile of his spread across his face and I wanted to cry.

Even I knew that that couldn't be good.