‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Gone Forever

Jade's P.O.V.

“Eddy... Please! We can work this out, I promise! I swear I would never cheat on you! I love you.” It was my last hope. He couldn’t leave me to raise a baby by myself!

My poor, poor baby.

“No, we can’t work this out. You’re unfaithful and that’s all there is to it, Jade,” he told me, shaking his head with a permanent frown on his face. I breathed in shakily.

“Edwin, please...” I was begging. I stood up, aware of the red mark on my face that would probably bruise. “I can’t go on without you.”

“You’ll get over it. You have Jayden after all,” he sneered, refusing to listen. The only thing I could think of to calm him down was the baby. It had to work!

“Edwin! Please! I have to tell you that we’re—”

“Over! You and me are over! You were right, Jade, it wasn’t meant to be!” he yelled, stepping up to me. He grabbed my hand and I looked into his sad eyes with my bloodshot ones.

“I love you,” I whispered, trying to get this through to him.

“It’s too late for that...” He took in a deep breath and there was suddenly so much hatred in his eyes. My lip trembled. “You’re a whore, Jade. A fucking whore!”

“Edwin!”

All of a sudden he ripped my engagement ring off of my finger. I fell to my knees. He stared down at me before walking over to the window, opening it, and throwing it as hard as he could. I screamed, running to the window, willing my ring to come back.

“Eddie, don’t do this! Please! I’ll do anything!” I promised, bawling my eyes out. I’d do anything to keep him from abandoning my baby!

“Oh? Would you?” he asked, breathing on my neck. I found myself in his arms suddenly. I nodded furiously as he kissed my neck. “Then there’s one thing you can do, my little whore.”

“What?” He smiled warmly but then he glowered at me and pushed me away.

“Get the fuck out of my house!” he screamed at me.

“Eddie!”

“Did I fucking stutter?” he asked, shoving me to the door. “I’ll send your things later. I never want to see your ugly-ass face ever again, do you hear me? If I do, it’ll be the end of you!”

I watched as the door slammed on my face.

“Fine! Leave your fucking baby!” I bawled, ambling down the street as tears streamed down my face. “You still have mommy,” I promised my unborn baby. “You will always have me.”

They say where each tear lands, a flower grows. I only prayed Edwin could find my garden.

“I love you,” I whispered to him one last time. I suddenly felt so alone...

~Fin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have no fear, the sequel is here! Check out "Where's my Happily Ever After?" The link is in the top right corner and it's already got a few chapters, so please subscribe and hopefully Jade and Edwin can finally have their fairytale ending. Comments much appreciated =]

Peace, love, rawr, and stuff,
Miranda.