‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

Attention

"Tell me, Jade, what's in it for me?" he asked, helping me to my feet I cast a torn glance at Gage who was just standing there, leaning against the wall. He looked absolutely petrified to tell the truth. I had already hurt him so much by just being around him. After all, I was a trouble magnet and that troublesome boy just kept getting pulled back to me.

"That depends. Can you make him forget tonight?" I asked him, keeping my voice steady by some kind of miracle.

"I can make him forget it all," he purred, implying somethings I wish I didn't understand.

"Okay. I'll stop seeing him forever. Happy?"

"Hell no. Jade, that's not enough." He backed me to a wall and the brick chilled my spine. "Not enough at all. What else have you got to offer?"

"Edwin..." I muttered, not sure what to say. We couldn't be a couple. It wasn't right at all. "We can't be a romance."

"Then what can we be?"

"What we were before."

"Hmm, well that or my pet. But I would prefer it if you didn't make me do that. Rape isn't so pleasant, you know."

"Lovely," I muttered, sighing as Edwin got up in my face. "So tell me Edwin, would I be telling the truth if I said some vampires are hard everywhere?"

Ha; I just made an erection joke!! How crude am I?

"You would be. But, Jade dear, only when they feel like it. You know? Some girls can just really get the blood flowing in a guy, if you get what I mean."

Ick. Nasty. He sounded like Gage. The man whore. Ha, man whore!

"Edwin look, you know I still have feelings for you," I tried to reason with him.

"Do you now?" he purred in my ear and I sighed.

"Yes, I do. But we can't be anything! You think I want it to be that way? I don't! But it's true."

"We could make it okay," he told me, nipping my lip. He moved his hands to my waist and pulled me to him that way. I tried not to lose it.

"Edwin, no. Please stop," I whispered softly.

"Do you really want me to stop?" he asked, not listening to me in the least.

"Yes!" I shrieked as bit down lightly on my neck. It was a nip, but I was so out of it.

"I don't think you do, Jade. Tell me, why were obviously so willing to fuck Gage, but not me?"

What a nice term!

"He's a human! So am I! You're a vampire! I'm not and I don't want to be!"

"Jade, I guess you leave me with no choice," Edwin sighed, letting go of me and walking to Gage. "You're lucky, you son of a bitch." He bit down and Gage collapsed in Ed's arms. He was gone in a flash and back just as quick. He walked over to me and seized my wrist.

"And you're coming with me."

I tried to scream, but I passed out in his arms just like that. Oh my, what had I gotten myself into?