Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

DLDW!

Things with Lanie have been tense, but I’m going to forget about all that because it’s Double Lion Dare Week! OMG! It’s basically the best week EVER! At school, we do dares and all sorts of crazy fun stuff to raise money, like pay teachers to not do anything in class, attend the Mr. Dee-Dub pageant, boy bands, and the always entertaining Date Auction! Oh, and we have crazy awesome dress up days. Today: Country Club day! And the Date Auction! I thought my costume was particularly awesome. Note, a pink polo dress, a yellow sweater around the shoulders, and argyle knee high socks equal perfection! I skipped happily down the stairs and saw all the guys eating waffles at the table.

“Dudette, what’s with the outfit?” Rian asked looking disgusted.

“DLDW is what’s up!” I trilled happily stealing Alex’s waffles. He was not happy about that.

“DLDW! DLDW! Dude! I love DLDW!” Jack shouted at the top of his lungs and spraying half-eaten waffles all over the table.

“Jack, right here.” Zack said pointing to himself and rolling his eyes. “Ya don’t need to shout.”

“I know right!” I agreed with Jack with just as much enthusiasm. “Today’s the Date Auction.” I informed them. Just then, a brilliant idea struck me: what if I got ATL to play and raise some major bucks? I would be the rockstar superstar princess goddess of DLDW. It had to happen.

“GUYS! What if ya’all played for the school to raise some money?”

“Dude, I love it!” Alex agreed. I squealed and tackled Alex in his chair.

“Oh gosh! Okay, can you be at the school at 9? I have to talk to Tanner first.” Tanner was in charge of DL week and I had to pass it by him and Mr. Brown the principal.

I rock. Everyone agreed and I was going to make this the best DLDW ever. I was so happy I could die! The school was all there for the assembly and it was time for me to make my announcement.

“Hey guys! I have a little surprise for you!” I began, the crowd was already getting restless, “I would like to introduce some special friends of mine who are practically family…in fact, one of them is family. Although, sometimes I like to pretend he’s not!” I joked. “Give it up for ALL TIME LOW!”

The kids went wild. I knew I had hit the jackpot. Alex came out and, I swear he could feel the radiating evil from Marti and just to piss her off, gave me a kiss on the cheek. Booyah Marti. Jack came and we did our totally awesomely lame secret handshake, Zack gave me a noogie (jerk, messed up my hair!), and Rian punched my shoulder. I handed the mike to Alex.

“Hey guys! It’s awesome to be back! We’d like to put on a little show for you, but you’ve got to pay up! If we get 500 dollars, one song, and if we get 2,000, that’s just about a dollar a person people!—we’ll play five! So, let’s get this thing started!”

All of us StuCo kids passed the buckets around and came up with just about $3,000! So, they all got seven songs. All in all, it was a major, major success. One million points for Cricket!

But, I couldn’t celebrate for too long, I was in the Date Auction and about to puke. What if no one bid on me? What if Crazy Canadian Kid from Government class buys me? The list goes on and on people. When I heard my name called I walked out onto the “stage” and smiled big time. I did notice Jack give me thumbs up before I went out there which calmed my nerves a bit, and then Adam winked at me, and I felt this sad, little pang. I kinda missed Adam. I almost collapsed when I heard cheers come from the bleachers, I was so happy, someone might actually bid on me! Then, the auctioneer started his thing. Unfortunately for me, I was blinded by the spotlight and couldn’t see the guys bidding on me. But the bidding kept going up and up, to almost $8,500, an obscene, absurd amount, what highschooler could afford that?

“$8,500 and sold to the boy in the yellow!” the auctioneer called out. I grinned and hopped off the stage to meet my date, Marti was giving me the scariest, most evil look ever, so it had to be someone good.

“Hey there, Baby, you wanna go out with me?” my date asked with a huge smile on his face. I felt my face light up when I was who it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry I've been uber busy and stuff, so I finally(!) got this up!
But the next one is big, big, BIG! So get ready!

Much love,
Hayley