Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Jealous?

“I don’t remember her having boobs.” Jack said, still in shock. Zack smacked his head.

“That’s my little sister, Perv.”

“Dude, Cricket got hot!” Alex said, also still in shock.

“Guys!” Zack whined. “That’s disgusting, could you please not talk about my sister like that!”

"You should keep a bat at the door, Zack.” Rian said just to piss Zack off. Zack sighed dramatically and stomped down to the living room. After a few minutes Cricket came skipping back down the stairs in skinny jeans, a cute tee, and her cowboy boots. She was on the phone and she stuck her tongue out at the boys before walking out the door. They all watched in awe, except Zack, and their shock deepened when they heard a car start and roll out of the driveway.

“When did she grow up?” Alex wailed. “I am totally buggin’” he said in his best Cher from Clueless impression. They all laughed

“But seriously,” Rian said after a minute, “What happened?” They all shook their heads and went back to making plans for that night.

Okay, confession, I wasn’t really on the phone. I was listening to a ten minute long message from my best friend Lanie Mills. She will, like, throw her phone in her purse and it will randomly call people. So, I have this ridiculously long message of her flirting with Adam’s best friend. But come on! I didn’t want to face them after they saw me in my bra and panties! So, yeah.

When I finally got to the barn I saw Adam standing in the common area looking lost and confused. Damn, he was cute! Adam was tall and kinda gangly, but he had the best shaggy sandy-brown and these brown puppy eyes. Basically, he just looked like cutest, snuggliest sweetest boy ever. Oh, and when he smiled it melted your heart. Sigh. He played the piano and tennis, and was damn good at both. He’s just the perfect all-American guy.

“ADAM!” I screamed. None of the other girls at the barn even looked up. They were used to this kind of behavior. Screaming and squealing. Lanie and I are very, very girly. His head shot up and he did the smile, and I all but forgot about stupid Alex Gaskarth.

“Hey, Crick, I was beginning to think you forgot about me.” He said with a slow, easy smile as he sauntered over.

“I’m sorry,” I said doing my best puppy face, “but my brother came home today so I had to hang with my boys for a bit.”

“Hey, that’s cool your brother’s back. I know you really missed him.” He was so, so sincere. Which is what I liked about him, I have to be super careful about who I trust because of the “famous rockstar brother”.

“Thanks!” I said grinning at him, I couldn’t even help it. “Let’s go get the boys. You’ll be on Midas.” I said laughing. Yeah, Tego, the other horse, is pretty high strung, but Midie is, like, the laziest horse.

“What you don’t think I could handle ‘The Teegs’?” he said flecking his lean, tennis muscles and laughing. Unfortunately, Tego had a rep because Lanie told the whole school my horse was crazy and I was going to die. Drama queen.

Oh, and I should tell you just so you know, when I talk about my boys, I mean Zack, Jack, Alex, and Rian. And the boys refer to the horses. Just f.y.i.!

So, Adam and I headed out to the pasture to get the big, leopard that is Midas and the muscled, bay Tego. And we enjoyed two hours just hanging out and flirting, and after the horses were up, Adam told me he was taking me out to dinner! Life was perfect, until my bliss was broken when my mother called me in tears.

Tears of joy.

“Cricket! Your brother is finally home!” then she said to Zack, who was obviously behind her, “You know you could come home more often!” then back to me, “So, we ARE having a family dinner and you WILL be here!”

“But Mo-om!” I said making ‘mom’ into two syllables, “I’m on a date.”

“Well,” she said pausing, “Just bring Austin.”

“Mom, it’s Adam.” I said sighing.

“Same difference! Just bring him before I change my mind!” I told her okay and hung up the phone. My mom is such a spaz, but I love her anyway.

“So, change of plans, do you want to have dinner at my house with the fam?” I tried to look as sweet as possible, but apparently there was no need because Adam just shrugged and told me that would awesome. Which is good, cuz now I can show Adam off! It seems that the fates are on my side!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in a bad mood, but I decided to post this anyway. Maybe all the comments and subscriptions will make me happy?

Hmmmmm... I think they will! ;)