Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Masquerade

“Cricket. You know how I’m always pissing and moaning about how Halloween always steals my thunder?” Lanie said as she walked in my room and threw down about six shopping bags on my floor.

“Yeahhh.” I said narrowing my eyes. This sounded like it was leading to a plan. And Lanie’s plans were usually a little harebrained.

“Well. This year I’m going to embrace it.” Lanie beamed.

“Okay. How?” I asked.

“Well, I’m thinking instead of celebrating my birthday on my real birthday, I’m going to celebrate on Halloween with a Masquerade Ball! What do you think!” she squealed.

“Ehamagawd!Iloveit!It’llbejustlikeGossipGirl!” I squealed too.

“I knew you’d love it! Okay! Let’s get started!”

“Wait. Started on what?” I am all for a Masquerade Ball…if I don’t have to do any work.

“The party? You didn’t think this party is going to plan itself did you?”

“Maybe.” I said sheepishly.

“Cricket, this isn’t My Super Sweet Sixteen,”

“Well, duh, you’re going to be eighteen.” Lanie sent me a scathing look, so I decided to shut up.

“Anyway, it won’t be that bad, we can order the invitations, and the Step Monster is an Interior Decorator and she’s been itching for a way to get on my good side, so really all we have to do is plan it!”

“Lannnnie!” I wailed. “You know I’m a terrible planner. I get all distracted and bored!”

“Cricket, suck it up. Don’t be such a girl. We are going to do this! And it’s going to be fun! You had better not ruin my birthday, or I will pick out your eyes.”

“Damn Lanie. That’s a little violent.”

“Cricket, this is going to be the party of the school year, and I am not above resorting to violence to make it happen. She said matter-of-factly while pulling out a notepad and Eduardo, her pen with a sombrero on top. “Okay. Guest list.”

“No Marti, or Ass Face.” I said instantly.

“We can’t not invite Marti!” Lanie screeched. “If she doesn’t come, then no one will come! As much as you hate to admit it, Marti is popular. Way popular! So, yes, Marti is coming.”

“Fine,” I pouted. “But Alex isn’t coming. Right?”

“Right. No Alex, but Marti has to come.” Lanie agreed not even paying attention to me, she was already delving into her guest list. So, figuring that I could sneak off to get out of work, I slipped out the door, and went to Little Italy and got pizza with Jack. Total evil genious,
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, a Masquerade ball! That's awfully romantic, don't ya think?

Anyway,
Hayley