Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Lanie has a plan

Jack was in his room at his house waiting for Lanie to show up so they could hang out. He was watching Friends, a habit he had formed from spending so much time with Cricket since it was her favorite show, and she was over hear all the time hiding from Lanie and the party. He laughed at Joey and Chandler, who were currently in a fight because Chandler kissed Joey’s girlfriend Kathy. This sounds familiar. Joey was making Chandler get in a box to prove that he was a good friend and cared for Joey, when the doorbell rang.

“Lanie! It’s about time, I need to stop watching Friends, or I’ll turn into Cricket! Which means, you need to stop making her help with your party, so she’ll stop coming over here.” Jack exclaimed, but then scowled. Lanie was not at the door. “Oh. Alex.”

“Dude, please, just hear me out.” Alex pleaded.

“Fine. I guess you can come in.”

“Thanks man.” Alex said as he walked in the room, and then said, “I’m sorry.”

“You should be!” Jack cried. “That was a really douche baggy move.”

“I know! But I want you to know that I feel really, really, really awful…and I really miss my best friend.” Alex said sadly.

“I know, I miss you too, but I’m still really pissed at you.” Jack said shooting a look at Alex.

“Yeah. If it makes you feel any better, I really do like Cricket, and I wasn’t just doing it for kicks.”

“It makes me feel a little better, but only like .1%, I’m still 99.9% mad at you.” Jack scowled.

“Jack, I don’t know what to do to make it up to you! I’ll do anything!”

Just then, the TV gave them their answer.

“So. Now what exactly is the point of the box?”

“Chandler.”

“The meaning of the box is threefold. One, it gives me the time to think about what I did. Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Joey. And three... it hurts!” Chandler explained on TV.

Jack looked at the TV, then at Alex.

“Alex. You could get in a box.”

“A box?” Alex asked sounding less than enthusiastic.

“You heard Chandler! You can think about what you did, prove your friendship to me, and it hurts! It’s perfect!” Jack said sounding more than enthusiastic.

“Fine,” Alex said narrowing his eyes. “Just because I want you to know how much you mean to me…and Cricket would think it was sweet, cuz it’s just like Friends.”

“Yeah, yeah, I just gotta find you a box.” Jack said absentmindedly

“JACK! Let me in its fucking cold out here!” Lanie screeched from outside the door. “Thank God. Were you gonna leave me out there all day?”

“Whapow!” Alex’s muffled voice came from the box. “She’s got you whipped man.”

“Who is in the box?” Lanie asked looking a little freaked and wary.

“Uh, Alex.” Jacks said sheepishly.

“Why is Alex in a box?”

“Alex.”

“The meaning of the box is threefold. One, it gives me the time to think about what I did. Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Jack. And three... it hurts!” Alex recited from the box.

“Wow. I can’t believe how stupid you are!” Lanie said getting heated up. “You’re just going to forgive him just like that? Jesus Christ.”

“Lanie, he’s my best friend. And you should just hear him out.” Jack reasoned in a calm voice.

“Do I have to?” Lanie huffed.

“Yes.” Jack said to Lanie, then turned to the box. “Alex.”

“I really, really like Cricket Lanie, and I need you to help me win her back!” Alex said.

“Why should I?”

“Because the only reason I didn’t tell her I liked her—which I do!—was because I didn’t want to hurt my best friend in the whole world, Jack, and I knew Zack would freak out. Which was stupid, but boys are stupid! Please Lanie!”

“Maybe. You’ll have to prove yourself more than just sitting in a box.”

“Okay!”

“Alright, you told your story, so now you have to be quiet to prove that you care about our friendship.” Jack said with a goofy smile on his face revealing how much he enjoyed bossing Alex around and making him do ridiculous stuff.

The doorbell rang causing both Lanie and Jack to jump about three feet in the air.

“I’ll get it.” Lanie said. “Cricket! Uh, what are you doing here?”

“I dunno. I’m bored and about to go to the barn.” Cricket said happily practically skipping inside. “Dude! I love this episode!” she squealed when she glanced at the TV.

“I don’t even want to know how you know that.” Lanie said looking abhorred.

Cricket rolled her eyes. “Maybe if stopped torturing me with the party planning I wouldn’t be pulling out my Friends collection to hide from you.” She made a face at Lanie, then noticed the huge box in the middle of the room. “What’s that?” She asked and curiously made her way over to the box.

“DON’T!” Jack yelled dramatically flinging himself in front of the box. “It’s just stuff my mom gave me.” He covered smoothly.

“Oh,” Cricket said scrunching her eyebrows in apparent confusion. One good thing about Cricket is that you always, always knew what she was thinking. “Well, do you want some help unpacking it?”

“No. Not at all.” Jack said. “I’m gonna get some Dr. Pepper out of the kitchen, anyone want some?”

“No.” Lanie and Cricket said at the same time.

“M’kay.” Jack said walking out of the room.

Cricket stared at the TV with a wistful look on her face. As much as she pretended to hate and be over Alex, she so wasn’t and it was really obvious. Which is why Lanie was not at all surprised when she suddenly spoke up.

“You know, it would be totally romantic if a guy got in a box for you.”

“Oh yeah,” Lanie said rolling her eyes, but also eyed the box to see if Alex would do anything at this opportune moment, and ruin his deal with Jack. “Every girl’s dream.”

“I’m serious!” Cricket cried. “It would prove how much he really loved you.”

“Jeez, Crick,” Lanie said smiling. “Are you gonna torture all your boyfriends to see if they like you?”

“Only the ones who give me a reason to.” Cricket joked back.

Jack was sticking his head around the corner to see a reaction from Alex. He told Alex he wasn’t allowed to talk at all, no matter what. Unless, you know, he was dying or something.

“I wish Alex would get in a box for me!” Cricket blurted out, her face falling.

“Oh, Crick,” Lanie soothed.

“I’m so stupid.” She wailed losing almost all self control. “Alex doesn’t like me and he never will! I don’t know why I still like him!”

“It’s not easy to just forget someone.” Lanie said rubbing Cricket’s back lovingly.

“I know.” Cricket sniffed. “I need to go to the barn; at least I know Midas and Tego love me.”

“Okay, now you’re just being a drama queen!” Lanie said laughing. “I’ll see you later, girl!”

“’Kay.” Cricket said walking out the door.

As soon as the door shut, Lanie was ripping that stupid box open.

“Oh. My. God.” Lanie screeched. “You do love her! And Jack!”

“Uhh,” Alex said blinking his eyes adjusting to the light. “I knew I couldn’t say anything.

“Oh. My. God.” She repeated. “I will do anything to help you get her back; did that take all your self-control? She would have been so mad if you said something and then she knew I knew that you were in the box and didn’t say anything. I would tell you to get your girl right now, but I have a better idea.” Lanie said with a devilish smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep. A nice long one! Btw, this is one of my favorite chapters. I just love Friends! So funny and it was a perfect way to start a resolution!

Love,
Hayley