Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Every Cinderella Needs a Prince Charming

“Oh my gosh! That one’s so pretty!” I squealed fingering the delicate silk of the beautiful ball gown at the costume store Lanie had, not unwillingly, dragged me to.

“Holy shit!” Lanie yelped. “It so is! I must have it!”

“Not fair!” I whined. “I saw it first!”

“Well, it matches my eyes, so I should wear it.” Lanie concluded smugly and taking the dress to the small, smelly fitting rooms.

“So,” I pouted. “I need a dress!”

“Crick, have I ever let you down? I’ll find you the perfect dress.” Lanie’s muted voice said as she changed into the dress.

When she finally emerged, I gasped. The dress was perfect on Lanie. The emerald green silk perfectly matched her eyes, and the fitted corset top showed off her killer figure. She looked like a rebel princess, which totally fit her.

“Okay,” I admitted reluctantly. “The dress is perfect for you and if you don’t buy it, I’ll have to kill you.”

“Really?” Lanie beamed. “Now, I have to find a mask and I have to find you a costume.”

“Ugh, I’ll never find a perfect costume!” I wailed dramatically.

“Be quiet.” Lanie ordered and picked her way through all the beautiful gowns. We decided to come get our costumes before we sent the invitations out and all the best costumes were picked over. Yeah, we’re cheaters, but whatever! It’s our party! Well, Lanie’s, but I’m the best friend, so I get the second best costume.

“This one.” Lanie said decidedly. And I peeked behind her to find a gorgeous, pale pink gown with fake crystals and pearls and lace decorating the bodice. I almost died it was so beautiful.

“Ah, I see you’ve picked the Cinderella costume.” The manager of the small shop observed.

“But Cinderella wore blue.” I stupidly stated.

“Only in the Disney version, Dear.” The old man said smiling and handing me the delicate and ornate silver mask.

“Oh.” I said staring in wonder at the beautiful costume.

“Well try it on!” Lanie said pushing me in the dank changing room.

“Oh, Cricket!” Lanie said when I emerged. “It’s perfect. You’re getting it.”

I beamed. Now all I have to do is find Prince Charming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, just if you wanted a visuale, Crick's dress is like the one on the cove of The Luxe, except, not so big!

Love,
Hayley

P.S. there are only a few chapters left in this story!