Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

The Last One

It was the big day. Halloween, the day of Lanie’s big Masquerade party. I thoroughly hoped my costume was better than Marti Muller’s. I’d been listening to her all week long going on and on about how wonderful her dress was, and how we were all going to be jealous. Blah, blah, blah. Spare me. I’m kinda freaking out though! I mean, I have no idea who my “Prince Charming” is going to be! What if he’s really boring? The one thing I can’t stand is guys with no sense of humor! Make me laugh damn it! I will take a hilarious, semi-attractive guy over a hot, boring as fuck guy any day. Anyway, besides that I’m worried I’m going to make a fool of myself. Which is not too far-fetched. I could trip, or say something stupid, or ramble and never let P.C. get a word in. Then, I’ll never know if he’s perfect for me! Ugh. Make my life difficult.

As I walked into the huge hotel ballroom, I was floored. Lanie really outdid herself! It looked like a fairy tale in here—no joke! The lighting was a soft pink, and there were white and pink roses everywhere, with draped Swarovski crystal chandeliers everywhere. The tables and centerpieces were gold and pink, the whole room was just warm and rosy.

“Cricket!” Lanie called from the chocolate fountain (I know where I’ll be all night!) where she was standing with Jack who had dressed up like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland, complete with big crazy hat and all. He looked pretty freakin’ awesome!

“Hey girl!” I called as I made my way over. “This is so amazing! No one will ever be able to top this!”

“That was the plan.” Lanie laughed and wiped the chocolate ring off of Jack’s mouth. “C’mon Jack; let’s get you away from this mess! Oh, and Crick, Prince Charming’s gonna be here soon so don’t leave!”

“Kay! Will do!” I said practically trembling with excitement. Lanie and Jack walked off to greet guest and do the whole “hostess” thing, leaving me alone at the chocolate fountain.

“Cinderella? Really? Could you be anymore junior high?” an evil voice said behind me. Marti Muller. Dumb bitch.

“At least I’m not a whore.” I spat back. Marti was dressed in a smokin’ hot red dress, red heels, and a red and black mask. She was the devil. How fitting.

“Please.” She said rolling her eyes and walking off. I felt my heart leaden. How junior high was I? Cinderella, God, I should have done something more mature. This was just like some cheesy, teeny bopper movie. I could have died from embarrassment right there. I set out away from my station at the chocolate fountain to find Lanie and tell her this whole idea was ridiculous, when a voice stopped me.

“Cinderella? That you?” Oh God, Prince Charming!

“Maybe. Only if you can make me laugh.” I said trying to sound witty.

“Prince Charming at your service.” He said swooping low into a bow. His costume was really awesome. It was all old-fashioney and the ornate mask just made the whole costume perfect. Swoon. “So, do you want to dance?”

“No, I can’t really do anything in this dress except move back and forth.” I sighed. “And if people step on it, I can’t return it and my mom would be pissed!”

“Okay,” he laughed. Then a slow song came on. Not just any song though, my all time favorite song, Vegas Skies by The Cab.

“OhmyGod!Ilovethissong!” I said and pulled him to the dance floor. There was no better song to sway with Prince Charming too.

“So, uh, you like The Cab?”

“Oh my God, yes! He has the voice of an angel!” I sighed.

“It’s all right.” Charming huffed.

“Whatever, this song is awesome and his voice makes me want to die.”

“Well, do you, you know, like Jack’s band? I heard their lead singers pretty good.” As if!

“Ugh, Ass Face. I can’t stand him!” I said wrinkling my nose. “He thinks he’s all that, but he’s no Alex DeLeon.” I concluded. Charming’s shoulders slumped a little, and I felt a little bad for being so harsh on Alex. Gaskarth, of course, I was giving DeLeon all sorts of praise.

“So, Jack told me what happened with you two.” Charming piped up.

“Yeah, I really don’t want to talk about that. Remember there’s no time like the present!” I said brightly.

“Did you ever stop to hear his side?” Okay, what was Charming’s problem?

“No, and I don’t plan on it.” I said resolutely.

“He just didn’t want to hurt his friends, you know,” I opened my mouth to protest, but he just kept going! Really?! “I mean, Jack had already said he liked you, so Alex couldn’t do anything, but he still wanted to be around you. Okay, let me put it this way, if you and Lanie knew Chace Crawford, and Lanie said she liked him, would you still go after him?”

Hmmm. Interesting. I know this sounds so horrible, but that’s a tough one! Chace is hawt! Like Adonis hot! I must have been concentrating really hard because Charming laughed.

“What!”

“You got this really cute look on your face, like it was the hardest question in the world.”

“Well, in my defense, it’s Chace freaking Crawford! He’s gorgeous!”

“Okay, yeah, bad analogy.” He laughed again. “I don’t blame him though.”

“Who Chace? For what?” I asked thoroughly confused.

“No, Alex. For falling for you. I mean, you’re beautiful and hilarious. I mean, I’ve only known you for, like, fifteen minutes and I’ve about peed my pants ten times! And you are probably the nicest person I know. Jack told me this story about this weird ass kid in your school, and only you would talk to him, and then he got this huge crush on you, and you still don’t make fun of him, you’re just nice! And I’ve seen Crazy Canadian Kid, he’s fucking bizarre!”

Hold up! How does Charming know Crazy Canadian Kid? Oh. My. God. Prince Charming is Alex Gaskarth! Lanie tricked me!

“Wait a minute! How do you know Crazy Canada?” I accused. We had stopped dancing some time ago and were just standing in the middle of the dance floor.

“I, well, oh shit.” Alex said sounding defeated.

“Alex!” I said getting mad. “I’m so out of here.” I started to walk away when Alex grabbed my hand.

“Cricket, just give me a chance! I sat in a box so I could get this one chance to make things right and I’m not gonna blow it!” That made me stop and wait for a one second explanation.

“You sat in a box?”

“For about five hours!”

“Really?” I started to cave, but then I remembered how bad he hurt me. “Well, it’s not enough.”

“Why not? I really like you Cricket.” Alex pleaded.

“Then why did you tell me you didn’t?” I shot back.

“Because I couldn’t! No matter how badly I wanted to tell you. Jack said he liked you, and I couldn’t just screw him over like that. And Zack, Zack would have killed me for going for his little sister! And you know it! But I wanted to be with you, I didn’t think I would cross a line. I thought,” he sighed. “I thought I could control myself, but I just couldn’t. It’s like, we went away, and everything changed. I wasn’t just the guy down the street anymore, people acted all weird around me and things got so crazy, but then I came back here and you didn’t change at all! I mean, you got mature and beautiful, but you were still the same. And you treated me the same, and that was the best feeling in the world. And you have no idea how bad the past couple weeks have been. My best friend wasn’t speaking to me and the one good thing that happened to me, hated me. Every second, of every moment, of everyday, I wish that things were different. And that you would just say yes.”

“Yes to what?” I asked a little breathless.

“Cricket, will you be my girlfriend?” Alex asked taking off his mask to look at me full in the eyes. I gasped. I mean, wow. I knew I didn’t hate Alex in that instant. In fact, it had always been the opposite. I had liked him so much, that I made myself hate him to keep myself from hurting. I wouldn’t say no to him. I couldn’t. I also knew that he would never pull something stupid like that again. Because I’d train him better than that. Duh.

“Yes.”

And then he kissed me. It was flawless, really something. Then he dipped me low and kissed me again. So passionately I was a little light headed. When he finally brought me back up, he smiled and kissed me again. I could hear people cheering all around us; I’m guessing Lanie started that. I didn’t care though; I just kissed Alex again and knew I would never find a night as perfect as this.

The End.

(For now)
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really happy right now! I just wanted to thank everyone who read and commented and subscribed and stuff. I really appreciated it and it kinda always made my day!

But don't worry, Cricket and Alex are gonna have a sequel called (drum roll!)

CRICKET ON TOUR

The title kind of speaks for itself!

Love, Hayley