Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

The Worst Night Ever? Or Not?

“I’M HOME!” I yelled at the top of my lungs when I walked in the door. Yeah, the yelling thing doesn’t just happen at the barn. I’m not gonna lie, Adam looked a little shocked at my outburst. Maybe I shouldn’t let all the crazy out just yet. Hook, line and, catch first. Hmmm, points to ponder.
“CRICKET!” Jack yelled, “I MISSED YOUUUUU!” he said sprinting into the foyer and pulling me into a bear hug. Okay, so the crazy is just gonna come on out anyway. Heck, I’m just gonna go with it!

“OMG JACK! I MISSED YOU TOOOOO!” I said hugging him back. Then I remembered Adam was standing awkwardly in the doorway. “Oh, Jack this is Adam!” Jack gave Adam the once over, and then gave him the stink eye. Nice. “Jack! Come off it! Adam’s a nice guy.” Adam was looked like he was pondering if he should be heading out the door at a run of full out sprint. I mouthed “I’m sorry” to Adam as Jack was leading me to the kitchen, and beckoned for him to follow.

“Ohhhh, so this is guy who is going to corrupt my little sister.” Zack said standing menacingly in the kitchen next to my mom.

“Mo-om! Make them stop!” I whined and stomped my foot. My mom pulled Zack by his ear, and whispered “leave Austin alone!” I rolled my eyes; this was going to be a long night.

“So, Adam, right?” Alex said sidling up to him, “You’re going to treat our Cricket right? ‘Cuz we’ll kick your ass if you don’t.” I saw Rian going in for the kill, and deflected him.

“RIAN!” I shouted waving my arms around in the air. Rian looked at me like I was crazy, okay, so more crazy. Could this night get any worse? “My mom made snicker doodles! You’re favorite!”

“Oh my God, it’s true!” Rian said giddily, “These are divine!”

“All right! Let’s sit down!” I said through clenched teeth and yanking Adam down next to me.

“So, Cricky, how was school?” my dad asked, he came after all the crazy, so he was mellow.

“Good,” I said nonchalantly, checking on Adam next to me. “Did you know Adam plays tennis?” My dad loves tennis, so this was a fantabulous (fantastic and fabulous) topic!

“Really? A tennis man! Good!” my dad was practically beaming. Adam still looked uncomfortable.

Alex nudged me in the ribs, and said “Suck up.” I hate him. Not really, but right now I do! The rest of dinner passed pretty uneventfully, if you call Jack drinking milk up his nose, Alex pretending to be a walrus, Zack glaring daggers at Adam the whole dinner, and Rian still talking about the damn cookies. Needless to say, I pretty much booked out of there.
“Adam, I am so, so sorry!” I said standing by Adam’s Jeep later that night, “They are crazy, and horrible, and I’m so sorry I subjected you to that.” I really did feel like shit about it.

“Don’t worry about it Crick, they’re endearing. Well, no they’re not, but I really like you, so it doesn’t matter.” he smiled at me, that ah-dorable smile, and then he kissed me. He kissed me! After the dinner from hell! AHHH!
This night could not get any better!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm much happier tonight! And watching Scrubs, love that show!
But comments please! They make my day!