Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Blast from the Past

“Fuck me!” I yelled slamming the front door behind me. I had just gotten home from school and had a ton of homework. Have I mentioned that I hate Mondays?

“Wow, sounds like someone’s upset!” I heard a voice from the living room call out to me. And, like every dumb blonde in a scary movie, I followed the voice. But, don’t worry, no psycho stalkers here,just Alex. With about every picture my mom has ever taken strewn across the floor and Zack snoring with his mouth hanging open on the couch.
“Alex! What are you doing!” I shrieked, the room looked like a tornado had blown through.

“I was bored and I wanted something to do.” He said innocently, shrugging his shoulders and giving an ah-dorable smile. Damn his cuteness, I’m caving way too easily. “Look what I found!” he added excitedly holding up a picture. I went and plopped down on the floor next to him and took the picture from his hand.

“Oh my God! Where did you find this?” I said cracking up. It was a picture from the boys’ class graduation party on the beach, and it was the awkward picture of me, Alex, and Jack. You know a picture that you try to make awkward! We were all stiff, and I had a totally ridiculous “Chandler Bing” smile on my face, Alex’s mouth was hanging open in confusion, and Jack was just standing there. It was dark out and you could see the bonfire in the corner of the picture. It was a definite blast from the past. Alex’s hair was shorter, and dark brown, Jack didn’t have any streaks in his hair, and I had stringy, long hair, and was really gangly looking, all bones and sharp angles, thank God things have changed! But, I love this picture nonetheless.

“It was in one of the boxes. Oh, and just so you know I’m keeping this. It is so going on the bus.”

“Nooo, I want it Alex!” I whined, and had to crawl on top of him to get the picture from him because he had stretched his arm out and I couldn’t reach it. All of a sudden, the picture was on the ground and we were tickling and wrestling each other on the ground in a fit of laughter. We were rolling around and being very loud, when Zack groaned and moved, we stopped and looked to see if we woke him up, but no, Zack sleeps like the dead. It was only then I realized how close my face was to Alex’s, and he was staring at me with that look, you know, the one where boys just look at you and you know that they want to kiss you. But he didn’t want to kiss me. I was Cricket, and always would be to him. Right? Okay, I am now officially freaking out! What should I do, if I kiss him and he didn’t want me to kiss him, that would be really embarrassing and I have just cheated on Adam, and things are going to be really awkward between us. But if I just sit up, and he wanted to kiss me, things are still going to be really awkward. But I was saved by the bell, literally.

“Ah, the doorbell, I’ll get it!” I yelped jumping up and tripping on the coffee table in my dash to the door. I heard Alex laughing back in the living room, disaster avoided. I opened the door and saw Jack standing there with a big, goofy smile on his face. He walked in and threw his arm around my shoulder and started leading me towards the living room.

“Hi, Cricky, I’m bored. Let’s do something.”

“Uh, okay.” I laughed. Oh, Jack was such a goof, what did I do without him for two years?

“Hey man! Let’s go to a movie!” Jack said jumping up and down excitedly.

“Sounds AWESOME!” Alex said jumping up. “Let’s be really loud and annoying, just like high school, maybe Frank will kick us out again. Good times, good times.

“Ugh, I can’t I have homework and I have to ride.” I frowned. This is really upsetting. That would be so much fun.

“Pshh, grow up and be an adult Cricket, screw responsibilities.” Jack said rolling his eyes.

I laughed, God, it must be fun to be rockstars. “What the hell, I’ll be an adult for one night!” I linked arms with both of my boys and we walked out to the car. It was weird though, things seemed a little tense between Alex and Jack. I wonder what’s up with them?
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor, clueless Cricket! Anyways, I'm on Fall Break, yay! I'm excited, but I might have to work on Saturday, and that would suck.
Oh, and no one found my Friends quote. I'm sad. If you really want to know, it was "Oh! Yay, I love drunk Cricket! She's so much more fun than regular Cricket!"
That's from Monica's surprise 30th birthday party and she was trashed, I love that episode! (the one where they all turn 30)
Yes, I watch way too much Friends.
Love,
GossipGirl231