Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Brothers and Sisters

I knew I called the right person. So, I sat hunkered down in my car to hide from the psycho serial killers and texted Lanie so I could bitch about my evil brother, when someone tapped my window. I swear I jumped at least three feet in the air and definitely threw my phone at the window. When I realized it was just Alex, finally here to come get me. And he was now in the middle of the road laughing his ass off at my reaction.

“Alex! You’re going to get run over!” I said jumping out of the car and waving my arms wildly in the air.

“By what?” he laughed and walked over to me and slung his arm around my shoulder, “Come on let’s fix that tire.”

Once Alex had gotten everything out to change the tire, I proceeded to bitch about Zack and told Alex to kick his ass for me. And he agreed. Huzzah! Victory is mine! That’ll show him to be a little bitch! But, anyway, while Alex fixed the tire, I filled him in on how everything was back at Dulaney. And graduation for me, which was only eight months away!

“So, where have you applied, Hoppet?”

“Ugh, fine, I applied to Brown, Yale, Princeton, Stanford and USC.”

“Damn! I forgot you were some kind of genius.” I grimaced, I’ve been trying to get rid of that reputation for years. “Oh my God, remember freshman year when you joined the academic team and Zack ran away every time he saw you?” Alex started cracking up, and even I did, that was a pretty entertaining to watch, even for me.

“Um, yeah, remember when he made me cry on the first day of school?” I giggled.

“Oh yeah!” he threw his head back and started cracking up. “Well, that backfired on him, all the girls thought he was a dick and wouldn’t talk to him!” We both cracked up again.

“Yeah, well he called me McDork all year!”

“But didn’t you call him McDouche?”

“Yep, but I really can’t take credit for that, you guys thought of that.”

“Well, don’t thank us too much, we thought of McDork too.”

“Alex!” I laughed. “Oh man, those were the days.” I sighed, things have changed so much.
“Yeah, but right now’s pretty awesome too.” And he did that stupid adorable smile again. Ugh, this boy is making me fall so hard! But, I have a boyfriend; I really need to stop forgetting this little piece of information! “Alright girlie, all finished!”

“Girlie? Really?”

“Do you want me to ever help you again?”

“Aw, I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Alex, I don’t know what I would do without you! You are a god, better?” I laughed.

“Much!” Alex smiled again. Damn him.

“Zachary Stephan Merrick!” I screamed at the top of my lungs when I walked in the door, “You are SUCH a little bitch! And I hate you!” I ran up to his room and banged on the door before flinging open with a lot of force for such a little person. (dudes, I’m only 5’3”, okay, 5’2 ½”…) He had been playing his bass and I’m sure in “the zone”, and NOT to be bothered, but fuck him, he left his own flesh and blood for dead.

“Damn it, Cricket, you messed me up!” Zack yelled. Yes, this is going to be one of those fights that a parent would die if it happened in public.

“Do you think I care, you stranded me on Waterloo, do you even know where that is? In the middle of fucking nowhere!”

“You got back didn’t you? Stop being a drama queen little girl!”

“Oh, well newsflash Zack: I am a girl!”

“You are a pain in the ass, I’m glad I’ve been gone for two years! You know why? Because I didn’t have to see you!” Okay, that was way below the belt. I mean sure, Zack and I have our fights. What siblings don’t? But we’ve always been nicer and friendlier than most siblings. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. So, instead of screaming back, I went to my room and shut the door.

“Aw, come on Cricky, I didn’t mean it.” He was outside my door now.

“Go away.”

“Cricket, I’m sorry. Please, come out?” he pleaded outside the door still. I caved; I’m such a wimp! I slowly walked over and opened my door and Zack engulfed me in bear hug. “I’m sorry little sister, forgive me?”

“Ugh, fine. But you owe me!” I said narrowing my eyes and scowling at him, I crossed my arms across my chest to make myself look meaner.

“Yes, ma’am.” Zack saluted. I laughed and we went down to make dinner, mom and dad were at a dinner party. “Pancakes?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I got another post up! I've been super-duper busy, and I worked my ass off to get this up! So be thankful! Just kidding! I love ya'all!

Oh, and don't worry, Cricket and Jack are gonna make up! Just not in this chapter but sooon!

Love,
Hayley :)

P.S. I don't know how to do the little break thingy, so if someone could tell me, I would love you forever!!!